Sponsored by:

It's here, oh yes!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 26 July 2000, 08:18 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Finally it has arrived!!! My DBM MY00. Heard today, will pick it up next week, hopefully. Had to share this with you, as I'm quite excited!!!

Bye bye Puma & BMW, hello proper motoring

Geezer
Old 26 July 2000, 09:36 PM
CLS
Scooby Regular

You lucky, lucky.....My DBM MY00 was supposed to arrive in early July then late July.It still hasn't arrived . Here's counting the days, and I know exactly how you must be feeling
Old 26 July 2000, 09:47 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Red face

I didn't think there were delivery delays any more, my local dealer has a couple of unreg turbos for immediate delivery - or are we talking about imports?

F
Old 26 July 2000, 11:20 PM
Mark_S
Scooby Regular

I think were talking imports here Floyd. I'm collecting on Monday but it aint from my friendly local Subaru dealership.

Geezer where are you collecting from, what day?. Bet your glad you didnt wait for the new shape, ugly.

CLS when did you place your order?. Mine went in February, its been a lonnnnggg wait!!. Hope you dont have to wait so long.
Old 27 July 2000, 12:53 AM
Gethin
Scooby Regular

Cool

Carlos Fandango wheels !! LOL!!!
Old 27 July 2000, 09:10 AM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Cool

I'm collecting from Gertjan van der Velde in Holland.

I ordered it on 4 Feb, and yes, it has been a long painful wait. Xmas come early this year!!!!!

Geezer
Old 27 July 2000, 09:17 AM
Maxwell Straker
Scooby Regular

Geezer,

We have had this discussion off-line but I thought I would share it with our friends here.

1. You know your Dutch importer is running an illegal immegrant system for the local triad and your car has been driven overland through war torn Kosovo with fiftenn Chinese families living in the boot.

or

2. Your car has come by sea on a junk ship and has been several months caught in a typhoon in the South China Sea not strapped down in a leaking steel container.

or

3. The dutch dealer has had the car for weeks and has already competed in the 24hr at Ypres and the Boucles de Spa. He is winding the clock back as we speak.

Just having a laugh at you mate, I'm excited for ya .

You had better calm down before you wet your pants!!!!
Old 27 July 2000, 09:47 AM
blubs
Scooby Regular

Talking

Max,

ROTFLMAO

Geezer,

I have spoken to the dealer, a very old man who is easily confused.

Unfortunately, the car he has ordered is, in fact, a 1984 Daf Variomatic with 7" Carlos Fandango wheels and a bonnet bulge cunningly fashioned from a Family Circle biscuit tin.

He has also become confused with the different monetary values, hence your car will cost £75,846 payable over 90,000 monthly instalments of 37 pence at 59% APR.

Really though, welcome to motoring heaven!!

blubs

[This message has been edited by blubs (edited 27-07-2000).]
Old 27 July 2000, 10:00 AM
Dazzler
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Geezer,

Same dealer I and a few mates got their MY00s from. He's quite mad, but a bloody good bloke. Certainly a man of his word.

Just be careful though, if he's picking you up from the airport, be prepared for a hair raising ride to his dealership - He'll show you what a scooby is capable of !!!

If you could pass on my regards to him (Darren), that would be cool.

Old 27 July 2000, 10:25 AM
robman
Scooby Regular

And watch out for the dodgy taxi touts when waiting "by the flower shop".

For the journey to the dealership I would recommend sedating any significant other halves otherwise you'll get nagged all the way back to the Hook.

R
Old 27 July 2000, 10:39 AM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

That's no problem, a Messrs. Maxwell and blubs are accompanying me. I doubt if the dealer will be able to drive very fast with the combined weight of those two juggernauts in the car anyway!

Geezer
Old 27 July 2000, 11:46 AM
blubs
Scooby Regular

Red face

Geezer,

Har Har Har, you think YOU are going to be driving it back?

It's far too much power for a lettuce eating litter tray burglar such as yourself

I'm sorry mate, but the step up from a BMW Compact (snigger), to a man's car will be something you will have to take over a matter of months.

You will need to be hardened up on a diet of lard bars, kebabs and other assorted roadside van roasted roadkill.

Got a date yet?

blubs
Old 27 July 2000, 01:39 PM
Maxwell Straker
Scooby Regular

or

4. Extract from e-mail

'Dear Geezer, pleased to tell you that your car is now close, it is currently located in a lock-up at the side of a hotel just outside Paris'
Old 27 July 2000, 06:56 PM
CLS
Scooby Regular

Mark_S My order was placed in early Feb also.
I found out today that the dealer has been given a date in about 2-3 weeks time for delivery
But on the bright side it will be an X reg when it finally arrives
I know, I'm desperately trying to stay positive about it.every cloud and all that but I'm sure it will be worth the wait.
Old 27 July 2000, 08:11 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Only ordered it Feb, call that a long wait, it took me a year to get mine from the UK dealer and I paid more for the priveledge.

Oh how I laugh at night, just thinking about paying list and loosing bucket loads now - nearly enough to make me buy an ordinary car (A3, 4Motion, Fiat turbo coupe etc).

I thought about buying dutch a month ago, but was told to factor in another 10% for the new model price,just in case the delivery took so long that they could not get an existing model.

F

Old 27 July 2000, 09:33 PM
Mark_S
Scooby Regular

Talking

Geezer, collecting from Gertjan then, and why not. He's a good guy from what I've heard, is he still doing the free Sony then?. I'm collecting from Frits who has an equally solid reputation, no Sony though.

CLS, 2-3 weeks aint bad mate. Cheer up, just think of the millions who will never own a Scoob!.
Old 27 July 2000, 10:03 PM
Triggaaar
Scooby Regular

Geezer,

It's arrived, and you're not picking it up for a week!

Be good for your run in period (especially since you haven't got the subaru warantee) and enjoy.