Sponsored by:

Norwich Union Policyholders

Search this Thread

Old 25 July 2000, 12:05 AM
spence
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Yex,

I'm insured with NU through Insurance World... they were much cheaper than all other on the market and they were really cool about my mods. I have had quite a bit done to the engine both internals and external... cost me no more for the mods. I had to fill out a form saying what I wanted to do and then the underwriter made a decision on whether they would cover them... no problem in my case.

The only bad thing was the amount of time it took to get an answer back. A snotty letter to my broker soon resolved this.

For once NU seemed quite grown up about it all.

Spence.
Old 25 July 2000, 12:58 AM
Andy Hall
Scooby Regular

Hi Yex,
I have a policy with NU, their Club Insurance through A1 Brokers. When I asked about mods to my 93 WRX they laughed and said as far as we are concerned you can do what you want, as you can’t get any higher risk!. He did suggest that I informed them of the mods so that in the event of a claim they could be taken into account. I will let you know how I get on with a claim as the car was written off last month (by my dear brother).
Cheers
Andy
Old 25 July 2000, 09:46 AM
Yex
Scooby Regular

Question

Can anyone who is insured with NU let me have feedback as to their reaction to mods. I have just taken out a policy with them (goodbye and good riddance Admiral ) and want to put a quickshift, and a brake upgrade on my car.

Cheers in advance for any help

Yex
Old 25 July 2000, 06:27 PM
sunilp
Scooby Regular

Wink

I had been with NU then NU Direct for over 10 years. I was about to insure my UK brand spanking new scooby with them but they refused to insure because of the PPP Upgrade!.

I went to Subaru Privelege (only bit of decent advice ever by B&C) and their premium for PPP car was cheaper than NU Direct STD car!...since declared every other mod as it was added and, apart from a small excess increase for guaranteed payout on certian components, there hasnt been a request for any more premium!

Now ive said that i bet the buggers slap me with a huge hike on renewal!!!

Sunil

[This message has been edited by sunilp (edited 25-07-2000).]
Old 26 July 2000, 12:08 AM
MorayMackenzie
Scooby Senior

Cool

I've always been satisfied by NU cover. You are never going to be overjoyed with any insurance company, it's the nature of the beasts... but NU have been reasonable and fair in most of their dealings with me and provide the cover I want (mods+trackday+named drivers+third party all vehicles etc).
Old 26 July 2000, 12:13 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Question

Yex, just wondering why you're so po'd with Admiral. if you don't want to explain on the bbs then hit my profile and email me.

I'm just curious as I'm with Admiral and the Wagon does have a few mods on it, and they seem fairly happy with that.
Old 26 July 2000, 01:00 PM
Yex
Scooby Regular

Talking

Thanks for the feedback gentlemen, it look for the most part as though I have made a decent choice.

Moray,

Can you let me know how you obtained track day cover, the girl I spoke to on the phone seemd to think it wasn't allowed, but them she was a girly

Markus,

My problemn with Admiral is the way they handled a claim I had. I was hit in the side whilst slowing down and indicating and in the process of turning left onto my drive. You would have thought it was straightforward enough - hit from rear in passenger side whilst carrying out standard manouvere. Oh no it wasn't .....
Admiral repaired the car quick enough but it took 11 months of mucking about to get to court to get my excess and NCD back. Their solicitors, both companies, were crap and did not prepare the case well Fortunatley the third party's solicitors were equally as bad and the judge slammed them both in the court room and suggested we settle outside and stop wasting her time.
That's a brief version of my issue, but one other thing that got my goat is that some BBS users with Admiral could get them to provide track day cover whilst myself and others could not - never could get to the bottom of that one

Yex

[This message has been edited by Yex (edited 26-07-2000).]