Sponsored by:

Subaru Wheels on a Toyota

Search this Thread

Old 25 July 2000, 10:35 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

My Dad has a Celica (1995) on which the wheels have corroded very badly to the extent where he would like to have them reconditioned. In order to avoid the car being on axle stands while they were sent away it seemed a good idea to lend him my old (MY95) 15" wheels which are in the garage. I've read somewhere that the offset and PCD etc are the same. The tyres are identical but we didn't get as far as measuring the offset.

The problem is the wheel nuts. The subaru nuts seat on a chamfered edge whilst the toyota nuts appear longer and seat on a large flat washer. The threads on the studs are also marginally different.

Where would I go to find (if they exist) a set of wheel nuts with a Toyota thread but whit the correct chamfer to properly seat a subaru type wheel. The likely cost would be good as this a very temporary measure whilst his wheels are away.

Or am I being a muppet and this is a complete non-starter

Thanks

Dean
Old 25 July 2000, 11:02 PM
Mr.Cookie
Scooby Regular

Talking

Try asking nicely at the place you intend to get wheels refurb as two places i know will put on loaners until you get them back

Cheers
Simon
Old 25 July 2000, 11:12 PM
DavidLewis
Scooby Regular

Dean.
Subaru wheels fit on a Corolla, or at least that what it looks like in the latest pictures in Autocar
Old 26 July 2000, 08:33 AM
robski
Scooby Regular

Ok,
Ive got a set of 17" alloys off my 1987 celica in my garage (used for about 15 months), got 2 virtually new tyres on as well. Been meaning to sell them, if they will fit, and hes interested, I will do them mega cheap for a fellow scooby nut?

robski
Old 26 July 2000, 11:28 AM
robski
Scooby Regular

Angry

That wasnt clear was it they are modern wheels (seven spoke splits from memory) with the offsets from that model celica!

Makes me wonder tho, would they fit MY99?

robski
Old 26 July 2000, 11:35 AM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

Smile

Robski - They would probably fit if you can get the right wheel nuts......!

Thanks for the offer. I will pass it on though I'm pretty sure as he's getting on a bit - bless him - that he's not after making the ride any harder by chaning to 17"s (plus my mother has a few neck problems)

This is depsite the fact that I've told since he bought the car - new in Nov '94 - that the wheels were hopelessly undersized for the looks of the car

Dean