Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What i think the new WRX should be like

Ok, taking a chance here !

wrx04 and new 05 need.................

the orange front indicator lens changed to clear with orange bulbs

the standard stereo to be able to handle some bass at least

the speakers moved to the parcel shelf somehow

at least around 250 bhp and torq to match

1 round exhaust ! the impreza trade mark is the sound, that is not there with the standard twin pipe, i just dont get it !! everyone includeing wildlife enjoys the proper scoob sound, it does not have to be loud or anything

slighlty harder spings, or eibachs as standard, i know its a nice ride as standard,but if your buying a performance car thats rally bred with 4wd then you should suffer a slightly firmer ride, or buy a bloody legacy

the tire profile should be a 40 not a 45 , even bmw and skodas of like have a lower profile tyre i think ?

and the blinking steering wheel is to bloody big !!!!!!!!!! yes i know the 05 is going to be slightly smaller.

oh and the alloy bonnet scoop jiggles oh so very slightly on motorways,

its just that wasting money on things like the headlight levels, and the lights for the leveller switch is a waste, can we have a chrome or alloy gear surrounds please, if i want gadgets i will buy a audi or bmw or ford etc or i i need to tow and need a head light leveller i will buy a volvo or a tdi thinghy

I think......

the sti is where the wrx should be, and the sti should be like a sti ppp

and a WR1 should be like the bloody P1 was in relation to all other performance cars on the road all those years ago

i know subaru doesnt have to justify its self but the audi tt with 225 and that stupid alfa with 260 odd bhp two weels (idiots) and the type r and various bmw`s etc etc but.......................

when the first scoob came out there was nothing like it, it was reliable then with 215 odd bhp, 10 years later and they have only sqeezed 10 more, yes i know there is vast improvements in all areas,and yes i know bhp sells cars nad torq wins races but then they buggered the driving experience sligthly on newer models. the classic was light and the the bugeye it a fat git and the blobeye has gone on a diet but not as light as the the classsic, but..........

the new wrx is becoming like a quick average car but with more caracter, not like it used to be, a devastating monster poster car, even the tdi golfs and other company cars pull like stink, yes i know they dont corner, and the twistys and blar blar.

and yes i should of bought a sti, but why buy a bloody sti ? may as well go 25 spec c etc

i meen this counrty is mad on scoobs, why the hell dont the japs respect us as customers and bloody sell us them ?

for the record

drive a new wrx, had a myoo , love them to bits , think everybody should have one if there lucky enough to be able to get one.

dont get me wrong, i love the car, but because i love it, i want it to be better, a bit like one of the kids

sorry for the moan, but its been building and was stuck on the m25 today

feel free to rip me apart, or agree !
Old 01 October 2004, 10:14 PM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

1 round exhaust ! the impreza trade mark is the sound, that is not there with the standard twin pipe, i just dont get it !! everyone includeing wildlife enjoys the proper scoob sound, it does not have to be loud or anything

slighlty harder spings, or eibachs as standard, i know its a nice ride as standard,but if your buying a performance car thats rally bred with 4wd then you should suffer a slightly firmer ride, or buy a bloody legacy

the tire profile should be a 40 not a 45 , even bmw and skodas of like have a lower profile tyre i think ?

and the blinking steering wheel is to bloody big !!!!!!!!!! yes i know the 05 is going to be slightly smaller.

oh and the alloy bonnet scoop jiggles oh so very slightly on motorways,

its just that wasting money on things like the headlight levels, and the lights for the leveller switch is a waste, can we have a chrome or alloy gear surrounds please, if i want gadgets i will buy a audi or bmw or ford etc or i i need to tow and need a head light leveller i will buy a volvo or a tdi thinghy
In other words, you want to import the JDM WRX, or maybe the STI. That fixes the tailpipe, ride, engine and orange bits, and comes with no stereo at all so you can fit whatever you like. You can fit rear speakers in the parcel shelf.

Why do you care about tyre profile? The correct tyre for a car depends on the ride and handling you're after. A lower profile tyre may give a positive benefit or it may not.

BTW it's "should have bought an STI", and the reason it that the STI is perhaps the car with more power, harder ride and more focused driving experience that you're after.
Old 01 October 2004, 10:15 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by virgin
The JDM cars already do this but you are right, it looks better

Never heard the standard stereo, mine didnt come with one (but i prefer the sound of the engine anyway and a sports exhaust would kill the sound of it anyway )

It would be nice but i fear its down to the emissions laws here

Hey they have to get you to buy the WR stuff you know

Tony
Old 01 October 2004, 10:21 PM
chris's scooby
Scooby Regular

I like the Tango bits in the head lights!
Old 01 October 2004, 10:22 PM
craigdmcd
Scooby Regular

I guess you sort of want what I'm trying to get to on my wife's car, as standard ie 04 WRX SL PPP with PFF7's, STi spoiler, Prodrive Spring Kit and am still looking to fit STi quickshift, carbon strut brace, bigger brakes, alloy gear surround, Prodrive alloy gearknob and the stereo left alone as the only manaufacturer to fit a decent sound system is Aston Martin in the new DB9(it's made by Linn Hi-Fi). Just my tuppence worth, but I wish I could have bought this from the factory instead of putting all the extras on it.

Craig
Old 01 October 2004, 11:58 PM
virgin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AndyC_772
In other words, you want to import the JDM WRX, or maybe the STI. That fixes the tailpipe, ride, engine and orange bits, and comes with no stereo at all so you can fit whatever you like. You can fit rear speakers in the parcel shelf.

Why do you care about tyre profile? The correct tyre for a car depends on the ride and handling you're after. A lower profile tyre may give a positive benefit or it may not.

BTW it's "should have bought an STI", and the reason it that the STI is perhaps the car with more power, harder ride and more focused driving experience that you're after.
never looked closely at JDM , i will now !
Old 02 October 2004, 12:00 AM
virgin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chris's scooby
I like the Tango bits in the head lights!
they are ok, but i would prefer clear, they ditch the orange side repeaters for clear, but then sling the orange on the headlights !