Sponsored by:

Impreza Thefts

Search this Thread

Old 25 July 2000, 01:38 PM
Aaron Payne
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I was stopped by the Police last night on the way home from work just after Crooked Billet roundabout aproaching the M25. They are conducting spot checks in the area after 2 Imprezas were stolen from the Slough area and used for Ramraids in the Surrey area over the weekend. One was involved in a high speed pursuit but the Police were unable to catch them, the car was later discovered in Marlow burn't out. They have not yet been caught !!! beware.
Old 25 July 2000, 03:01 PM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

I was told by a policeman (off duty) on Saturday that 9 out of 10 Impreza thefts (Gtr Manchester) involve a planned assault on the driver so the car is nicked with the keys. This apparfently usually takes the form of following you to your drive so when you get out to open the garage some balaclaved hoodlums duff (or threaten to ) you up and take the motor. Alternatively they will kick the door in at night and demand the keys. It is usually the same gang, who the police will know, and they are not bothered about being subtle. They want the car for robbery not to sell it.

Vary your route home and be aware who/what is behind you at all times. If necessary drive to a police station (or burn them off?), but don't let them find out where you live.

Try not to be too habitual in what you do.

A disgrace I know, but what else can one do, there's no zero tolerance of this is there?

[This message has been edited by BarryK (edited 25-07-2000).]