Imp Vs 360 (and the imp won!!)

Search this Thread

Old 04 September 2004, 05:06 PM
cefski
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Imp Vs 360 (and the imp won!!)

Did it bo!!ox.

Just got back from a spin through the mountains taking in some brilliant roads - Llanberis pass, to Betws y coed, down the A5 to the interesting bits of The Triangle, Bala, back road to Ffestiniog, Oakley Arms to Beddgelert, up Nant Gwynant to Capel Currig, then A5 towards Bangor.

On the last section of the A5 through the Ogwen Valley, I spotted a red 360 up ahead in a long line of slow moving traffic. If you don't know this section of the A5, there are three or four really good overtaking spots where you can see well into the distance before you get to the narrow, twisty bits. So I thought I could easily catch up with him.

Could I ****. Couldn't even see which way he went he was going so quickly, only glimpses of something low and red getting further and further away from me confirmed that he was on the same road.

He was eventually held up by an old camper van on the outskirts of a 30 zone. Could never have caught up with him otherwise.

He caned it again peeling off the A5 at a roundabout and onto the *** towards Anglesey. Again, I had trouble seeing which way he went. Seriously quick car and puts cars like mine well in their place.

Followed him round Bangor for a bit, in the hope that he'd pull over, giving me the chance to beg for a p-ride, but he headed out of town and back onto the 55.

I fooked off home before I lost all faith in the Imp.

Where's that lotto ticket.......

Kev