Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 Sti + 2 YR WARRANTY FOR LESS THAN £20K??!!

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2004, 03:11 PM
GRIFF007
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 2005 Sti + 2 YR WARRANTY FOR LESS THAN £20K??!!

Yep, thats right!

Just been unofficially quoted 'c £19.5k before Christmas' by newcarsupermarket

They say they have sold over 100 sti at £18.8k in August alone (with 2yr Euro warranty.)

Add TSL T333 mapping and you have the poor man's T25!!
Old 03 September 2004, 03:25 PM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GRIFF007
Yep, thats right!

Just been unofficially quoted 'c £19.5k before Christmas' by newcarsupermarket

They say they have sold over 100 sti at £18.8k in August alone (with 2yr Euro warranty.)

Add TSL T333 mapping and you have the poor man's T25!!
Watch ya back matey! That be a CARCRAFT company
Old 03 September 2004, 04:20 PM
GRIFF007
Scooby Regular

Question

Originally Posted by ethanrob
do we have any evidence that they are bad - 100 Impreza sti sales per month - surely we would have heard if customers are having major problems?

refundable £500 deposit if car spec condition and price differ from order, also offered
Old 05 September 2004, 10:05 AM
GRIFF007
Scooby Regular

Exclamation incredible lack of interest in 2005 STi

incredible lack of interest in 2005 STi!!!! - for £20k!!??
Old 05 September 2004, 10:14 AM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

What's the official quote for right now?
Old 05 September 2004, 11:09 AM
STEVECHAPS
Scooby Regular

When I looked into this in any detail when they were offering STi's @ £21K it turned out to be cheaper (like for like) to take the discount on offer for a main dealer car! (also factor in the extra depreciation etc of a non 'official' car & it's not quite all as it seems!).
AFAIK, a TSL333 without all the associated hardware (Full exhaust/filter/fuel pump) isn't going to get you anywhere near 333.
That said if you could get a complete equivalent package for say £22K then it makes a Type UK/WR1/T25 look expensive!
Old 05 September 2004, 11:11 AM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

Does the £21k include underseal, Cat. 1 security, tracker and any other usual UK bits & pieces?
Old 05 September 2004, 12:16 PM
GRIFF007
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by STEVECHAPS
When I looked into this in any detail when they were offering STi's @ £21K it turned out to be cheaper (like for like) to take the discount on offer for a main dealer car! (also factor in the extra depreciation etc of a non 'official' car & it's not quite all as it seems!).
AFAIK, a TSL333 without all the associated hardware (Full exhaust/filter/fuel pump) isn't going to get you anywhere near 333.
That said if you could get a complete equivalent package for say £22K then it makes a Type UK/WR1/T25 look expensive!
Their current best estimate is £1.5k increase over current offer of £18.8k, which will drop later in the year as demand subsides - to c. £19.5k - need to add road tax and alarm (not sure about underseal - cheap if you keep the car for 10 yrs - even cheaper if you dont!!)

TSL is c £600 + optional exhaust mods - full deal about £1.6k? => c. £21.5k complete by Christmas for a T333 - QED - not too shoddy?
Old 06 September 2004, 12:03 PM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

incredible lack of interest in 2005 STi!!!! - for £20k!!??
I wouldnt buy a god dam mars bar off of these people,Dont know what carcraft are like in your area matey but the sheffield branch is a total and utter discrace,they do all they can and then some to try and shaft you,I wanted to buy an 04 sti from them,They wouldnt deal for cash and wanted to finance it for me at a lovely rate of 25.9% apr,And whilst i was at the cafe getting a cuppa,My father(which they didnt know was with me)Overheard the sales manager telling the sales man dealing,and i quote"I dont care what you have to do to sell him that car(subaru),Ram up the interest rate and then gradually come down until hes happy with the payments and if that doesnt suit him,forget him and try another sucker"

Now is that the right attitude for a consumer based buisness,I think not

Oh! and i dont want to buy a 2005sti cause i already have an 04 sti

regards mark
Old 06 September 2004, 12:14 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Whats the point of a waranty if you take the car straight to TSL and invalidate it?
Old 06 September 2004, 01:16 PM
GRIFF007
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gutmann pug
Whats the point of a waranty if you take the car straight to TSL and invalidate it?
NONE - but whats the point of an STi without it?! - OK PPP is fine but that still voids Euro warranty so as you may as well opt for the odd 30 extra bhp?
Old 06 September 2004, 01:18 PM
GRIFF007
Scooby Regular

Question

I wouldnt buy a god dam mars bar off of these people,Dont know what carcraft are like in your area matey but the sheffield branch is a total and utter discrace,they do all they can and then some to try and shaft you,I wanted to buy an 04 sti from them,They wouldnt deal for cash and wanted to finance it for me at a lovely rate of 25.9% apr,And whilst i was at the cafe getting a cuppa,My father(which they didnt know was with me)Overheard the sales manager telling the sales man dealing,and i quote"I dont care what you have to do to sell him that car(subaru),Ram up the interest rate and then gradually come down until hes happy with the payments and if that doesnt suit him,forget him and try another sucker"

Now is that the right attitude for a consumer based buisness,I think not

Oh! and i dont want to buy a 2005sti cause i already have an 04 sti

regards mark
are you saying Bank Draft not aceptable???!!
Old 06 September 2004, 01:28 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Griff

the reason I ask is coz your thread is about a MY05 sti with TSL work and a two year warranty....The reality is once you touch the car you say goodbye to your warranty.

While I own a Euro STi with TSL work I understand that my warranty went out the window the moment it was modded.

The UK STi with PPP offers a three year warranty with 305bhp. You may pay more cash but you gets what you pay for as they say.

In reality there isnt much difference between the ppp and TSL cars on the road. A bit more driveable maybe but both gas guzzling bloody fast machines.

Griff ....just re-read your comment. ppp does not invalidate your euro warranty coz no-one will put it on. Uk dealers are not allowed to PPP non UK cars. If your car is a euro car it can be taken to the euro country of origin and then ppp'd, but no UK dealer would dare do it

Last edited by Gutmann pug; 06 September 2004 at 01:31 PM.
Old 06 September 2004, 04:07 PM
GRIFF007
Scooby Regular

Question

Originally Posted by Gutmann pug
Griff

the reason I ask is coz your thread is about a MY05 sti with TSL work and a two year warranty....The reality is once you touch the car you say goodbye to your warranty.

While I own a Euro STi with TSL work I understand that my warranty went out the window the moment it was modded.

The UK STi with PPP offers a three year warranty with 305bhp. You may pay more cash but you gets what you pay for as they say.

In reality there isnt much difference between the ppp and TSL cars on the road. A bit more driveable maybe but both gas guzzling bloody fast machines.

Griff ....just re-read your comment. ppp does not invalidate your euro warranty coz no-one will put it on. Uk dealers are not allowed to PPP non UK cars. If your car is a euro car it can be taken to the euro country of origin and then ppp'd, but no UK dealer would dare do it
Just mailed Mike Wood regarding this point...dont see why prodrive should be deprived of PPP income on ever increasing % of Euro cars - seems a bit like restrictive trading practice by I.M.?

I.M. and other UK Manufacturer Distributors need to take further steps to help level the playing field of consumer prices (to lowest common denominator) by inter Europe currency trading or whatever.

How can they exist without embarrassment when an Sti can be bought new anywhere between £18.6k and, what £23k+ - then prevent you, a new Subaru customer from having an approved PPP upgrade fitted??????!!!!!
Old 06 September 2004, 04:44 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Its no different than any other manufacturer though. We can all go to supermarkets etc etc and buy cheap cars but at the end of the day we feel happier paying that bit more and having the back up etc from the main dealer suppling agent.

Your euro import as with mine has a warranty which is nothing at all to do with IM and probably not worth too much to be fair. But then thats life. Some UK dealers will not touch non UK cars, even as far as wont service them. Again thats up to them I suppose.

At the end of your time with the car your euro import wont be worth as much as its UK cousin ,....... the reason why??? just because its an import in peoples eyes.

But at the end of the day its a cheaper car. If you want it modding buy it from someone like Hendrys who let you mod the car as long as you buy the parts from them.

you pays ya money ..............etc etc
Old 06 September 2004, 05:25 PM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

Some UK dealers will not touch non UK cars, even as far as wont service them. Again thats up to them I suppose.
Actually if they're Euro cars then I don't think it is up to the dealer - I believe they're (theoretically) obliged under EU law to treat them just the same as an identical car bought in the UK. Any garage can refuse to do business with you if they want, but they can't refuse specifically because your car is a Euro import.
Old 06 September 2004, 05:34 PM
GRIFF007
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AndyC_772
Actually if they're Euro cars then I don't think it is up to the dealer - I believe they're (theoretically) obliged under EU law to treat them just the same as an identical car bought in the UK. Any garage can refuse to do business with you if they want, but they can't refuse specifically because your car is a Euro import.
..and there lies the rub......
Old 06 September 2004, 06:47 PM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

are you saying Bank Draft not aceptable???!!
As i say matey,The whole theory behind this company and there other outlets is to shaft you on finance deals,Plain and simple,

One of my work mates went to them for a brand new 206 cc,they were doing them really cheap(euro imports,2 year warranty etc)anyway,He wanted to finance the said car,So they worked out some figures of which my mate was happy but the sales man was not(low apr rate)next thing the dealer was on the phone to my mate saying he had been refused finance,So my mate contacted the finance company direct and they informed him that the motor company in question never even applyed for finance in his name for the mentioned car,Its my own opinion but ive heard too many "horror stories"so to speak about this company to trust,Shabby motors,warranty back-up etc

By the time i left there is wasnt happy so i took my buisness else-where(local subaru dealer)First class service and first class car

regards mark
Old 07 September 2004, 11:22 AM
UKScoobGS
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up Motorpoint is better

Hi,
Glad i went to motorpoint, got great service and got good finace deal.
Paid for 50% cash then got a low apr 7 % or something like that, he also said that i could pay cash for the whole car if i wanted.

Got a nice WR blue WRX for 17300 on the road with cat1 alarm etc.
Have since had my 1K service £95 quid and have checked on my 3year warranty with IM.

Love the car and glad i choose the right car supermarket.

Cheers

Gordon.
Old 07 September 2004, 12:31 PM
GRIFF007
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by UKScoobGS
Hi,
Glad i went to motorpoint, got great service and got good finace deal.
Paid for 50% cash then got a low apr 7 % or something like that, he also said that i could pay cash for the whole car if i wanted.

Got a nice WR blue WRX for 17300 on the road with cat1 alarm etc.
Have since had my 1K service £95 quid and have checked on my 3year warranty with IM.

Love the car and glad i choose the right car supermarket.

Cheers

Gordon.
good to hear, however how can there be a 3 yr warranty - presumably the car was imported from some far flung corner of EEC and I.M. begrudgingly allow 2 yrs of claims to be forwarded to country of origin for consideration and thats it. - PPP approved upgrade not allowed either at present - cant see why that should be witheld - seems a little like restrictive trading?
Old 07 September 2004, 01:14 PM
ChrisB

Carcraft... read some of the stories linked from here:

http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?q=...ie=UTF-8&hl=en
Old 07 September 2004, 02:01 PM
GRIFF007
Scooby Regular

Question

Originally Posted by ChrisB

good grief............................................. .......................

I shall not be guilty of putting their name forwards again

Any such news on Motorpoint?

Any GOOD experiences?
Old 07 September 2004, 02:35 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

There are sometimes a few small differences in the cars you buy from supermarkets. Such as

No alarm / imobiliser
No under seal - particulary cars from Cyprus i believe
No tracker (first year included with my car)
Different warranty
No car tax

Thats all I can remember off the top of my head. But if you add them up they come to a few quid im sure.

You will find that your car is worth less when you come to sell it on also. People prefer UK cars,. Its a fact (unless they are specifically after the higher spec Jap cars of course)
You will also find that some UK dealers wont buy the car from you. If he only sells UK he wont want yours im afraid.

But as long as you realise all these things then go spend your money whereever you like. Just remember one thing. A £3K saving now becomes a £500 saving when you get £2,500 less on a trade in later down the line.
Old 07 September 2004, 02:57 PM
rjlinney
Scooby Regular

Ahhh - Motorpoint!!!
Old 07 September 2004, 03:17 PM
GRIFF007
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rjlinney
Ahhh - Motorpoint!!!

DO TELL.............
Old 07 September 2004, 03:27 PM
UKScoobGS
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up motorpoint

As from May this year all euro imports come with a 3 year warranty hence why i bought mine.
Motorpoint buy from Malta and cyprus and as they are now part of the EU you get the 3 year warranty. All above bored and thats my car registered with IM for 3 years.

When you go for your 1K service get the garage to lookup the IM database, your car will be on there through your reg.

There are a few diffrences from UK cars but i got 12 months tax included.

I wasn't bothered about PPP but if you really want this buy UK.

Gordon.
Old 07 September 2004, 04:00 PM
GRIFF007
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

DO TELL.............
go on, go on, go on!
Old 09 September 2004, 11:38 AM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ChrisB

See what i mean matey

regards mark
Old 09 September 2004, 12:14 PM
The Fixer
Scooby Regular

I bought my STi 8 from Motorpoint £21.5K, Car was originally destined for Malta so at the time they werent in the EU. Add to this cost, registration plates, tracker, this that and the other and you end up with £23.5K. They also tried to sell me there finannce at silly APR's but I'd checked the rates before I went and said "do it for this APR or there will be no sale" they agreed. Personally I wouldnt buy a EURO version, if I was buying again I would buy a JDM version as they are better specced for similar money.
Old 09 September 2004, 02:25 PM
lem0ncurd
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Spoke to Newcarsupermarket just now. Seemed very reasonable. I mentioned my wariness in light of all the bad experiences that ppl have had with Carcraft and I was assured that the prices speak for themselvs and that I would not be pressured into anything. They will also allow cash deals, which was a Carcraft no no.

He mentioned getting the 1st batch of '05 STI's in October, and that they would be priced at around 20K.

So seems like an unbelievable deal, with very few negative factors. The car will be identical to UK official imports, bar the following:

- Car tax and registration extra (around 300 quid)
- No locking wheel nuts (25 quid Halfords)
- No alarm (300 quid Sigma M30)
- No tracker (500 quid RAC)
- Only partial underseal (100 quid any garage)
- No UK Warranty, but an equivalent Pan European Warranty from Subaru
- No possibility of PPP (unless u return the car to the supplying country)

The additional cost of the extras, to bring the car in line with a UK car is roughly around 1200 quid. So say the car costs 20K plus the above extras, you are getting an equivalent UK spec STI for 5 grand cheaper than a UK Subaru dealer can supply, with the only real inconvenience being that PPP is not an option.

So, a UK 2005 STI for 21200 quid - must be the bargain of the century surely!!

LC

Quick Reply: 2005 Sti + 2 YR WARRANTY FOR LESS THAN £20K??!!