Sponsored by:

WR1 vs PPP'd STI03 vs MY02STI = THE FINAL VERDICT

Search this Thread

Old 02 September 2004, 03:29 PM
hawkeye
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WR1 vs PPP'd STI03 vs MY02STI = THE FINAL VERDICT

The WR1 in no way shape or form is 2 to 2.5 seconds quicker than a ppp'd sti.

This was done with 3 cars from a rolling start round a (private) roundabout and it didn't budge an inch...when I first got the drop on it it didn't even gain on me.... and the ppp'd sti 03 was Dazza's so we can finally put this one to rest.....

or can we???? HOW THE HELL DID PRODRIVE COME UP WITH THOSE FIGURES

hawk
Old 02 September 2004, 03:31 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Was it a warm day??
Old 02 September 2004, 03:36 PM
hawkeye
Scooby Regular

no not really it was overcast and rained a bit later on... put it this way it was as good a comparison as you could get the owner of the WR1 even said he didn't expect t to pull away... but me thinks he was "secretly" a bit upset that it didn't even catch my humble MY02sti

good fun had by all and in view of others aswell.
Old 02 September 2004, 03:37 PM
barrybudden
Scooby Regular

Cool

Mabe you should have tried the twisties?
Old 02 September 2004, 03:38 PM
hawkeye
Scooby Regular

LOL yeah and he'd have spat the dummy at my total lack of understeer - thanks TSL
Old 02 September 2004, 03:42 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Got to say that my04 sti non ppp'd can *cough* pull from a PPP'd 03 sti

Work that out & with witness's to confirm

As its been said its all down to you knowing your car
Old 02 September 2004, 03:45 PM
hawkeye
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sti-04!!
Got to say that my04 sti non ppp'd can *cough* pull from a PPP'd 03 sti

Work that out & with witness's to confirm

As its been said its all down to you knowing your car
holy **** that means that your 04 non ppp'd sti is faster than a WR1.......... damm prodrive's figures are more wobbly than a 34DD on a trampoline
Old 02 September 2004, 03:53 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Wouldnt mind coming up against a WR1 just to see
Old 02 September 2004, 03:57 PM
Dazza's-STi
Scooby Regular

Same conditions for all...

Must admit the wr did gain a bit on me in third, however this more due to me being too busy looking in the RVM at the WR and Hawkyeyeyeyeye and then going into the red... DOH! I normaly change gear at 6k gving me a little leeway...
As for the Wr1 i would honestly say as a standard car it certainly isn't 2 seconds quicker to 100...
I've had a blat with 10 second to 100 motor and it simply drove past me... even a full second to 100 quicker would equate to around 35m on the road @ 100mph... and thats a fair way infront..

Anyhows... in real terms thats what 9bhp per tonne gives you... "a barely noticable difference"

Must add, my car is complty standard...
Certainly needs the suspension sorting though... like them all it understeers, this can only be sorted by getting the back end stiffer...
Scooby clinic book me in!
Eiback's and WhiteLines & and I'll be happy with the car...
Old 02 September 2004, 03:57 PM
hawkeye
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dazza's-STi
I can back Hawkeynessssssss with his black beatsie it's a quick thing...

Said WR1 didn't leave it...
I think the Wr1 may have been ragged senseless to get anywhere near these figures.... nice car tho just not THAT fast
Old 02 September 2004, 04:06 PM
Cold Turkey
Scooby Regular

Cool

: sleep:

Why not drop Prodrive an email calling them liars ?

I've never seen a WR1 owner on here saying it was a great deal faster than an STi. I have however seen certain 'humble' Sti owners banging on and on and on and on and on and on and on about their own car .....

Does anyone other than you actually care ?
Old 02 September 2004, 04:10 PM
hawkeye
Scooby Regular

Same conditions for all...

Must admit the wr did gain a bit on me in third, however this more due to me being too busy looking in the RVM at the WR and Hawkyeyeyeyeye and then going into the red... DOH! I normaly change gear at 6k gving me a little leeway...
As for the Wr1 i would honestly say as a standard car it certainly isn't 2 seconds quicker to 100...
I've had a blat with 10 second to 100 motor and it simply drove past me... even a full second to 100 quicker would equate to around 35m on the road @ 100mph... and thats a fair way infront..

Anyhows... in real terms thats what 9bhp per tonne gives you... "a barely noticable difference"

Must add, my car is complty standard...
Certainly needs the suspension sorting though... like them all it understeers, this can only be sorted by getting the back end stiffer...
Scooby clinic book me in!
Eiback's and WhiteLines & and I'll be happy with the car...

ooops dazza isn't your car ppp'd??? if it isn't ive made a mistake it is an 03 though isn't it
Old 02 September 2004, 04:26 PM
Dazza's-STi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cold Turkey

I've never seen a WR1 owner on here saying it was a great deal faster than an STi. I have however seen certain 'humble' Sti owners banging on and on and on and on and on and on and on about their own car .....

I don't recall anyone saying it was either, however the 0-100 of 10.6 seconds has been somewhat of a debatable point. Nothing to do with WR1 owners at, as if i' have been buying another new one at the time i would have baught one also... Like us all on here we we are all performance car fans, thier is absolutly no animosity toward any Wr1 owners nor i would have said jealousy, I coun't care less if its a Wr1 or not... I have nice Sti, if i want it to go quicker i can visit TSL, if i want a fast Scoob i buy a T25... If i want a faster car in striaght line then I'll buy a TVR Tuscan S... simple...
There are many Scoobs on here that would leave the Wr1 and PPP Sti for dead... the WR1 being a standard car. the thing that was interesting and the cause for some well good finger pointing was a rather optimistic set of performace figures...
They may be a few owners that fully believe the claims, i for one was simply interested in if really was that quick... if it was then excellent... but it would really have been a suprise... especialy when the figures are equal the the T25!
Old 02 September 2004, 04:28 PM
hawkeye
Scooby Regular

probably not but it's interesting that an owner of a lower model ie sti can keep up with the current official "super model"....

personally if I owned a WR1 and it wasn't visablly quicker than an sti

that's all it's a free world and info like this means something to me, if itdoesn't to you the so what????? Don't read it
Old 02 September 2004, 04:35 PM
hawkeye
Scooby Regular

I don't recall anyone saying it was either, however the 0-100 of 10.6 seconds has been somewhat of a debatable point. Nothing to do with WR1 owners at, as if i' have been buying another new one at the time i would have baught one also... Like us all on here we we are all performance car fans, thier is absolutly no animosity toward any Wr1 owners nor i would have said jealousy, I coun't care less if its a Wr1 or not... I have nice Sti, if i want it to go quicker i can visit TSL, if i want a fast Scoob i buy a T25... If i want a faster car in striaght line then I'll buy a TVR Tuscan S... simple...
There are many Scoobs on here that would leave the Wr1 and PPP Sti for dead... the WR1 being a standard car. the thing that was interesting and the cause for some well good finger pointing was a rather optimistic set of performace figures...
They may be a few owners that fully believe the claims, i for one was simply interested in if really was that quick... if it was then excellent... but it would really have been a suprise... especialy when the figures are equal the the T25!
fully agree with you m8 both myself and dazza for a looooooong time have been interested in seeing if the WR1 was as fast as it claimed.... I posted a couple of times saying it wasn't... then we had the "bit-o-fun" and it proved interesting to say the least.
Old 02 September 2004, 04:36 PM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

lol - so what about the same test I've done with a standard 04 STI where I pulled considerably on it in my WR1, again with people there to see it. And the same test I did with an EVO FQ300 where in fourth and fifth I destroyed it?

I've blatted a number of times with a good mate of mine who comes on here who has 345bhp STI7 and we are completely even through every gear!! As witnessed at Santa Pod!!

When will people stop trying to dig the WR1 into the ground as a sh!te car when the simple fact of the matter is that it isn't and is an amazingly fast motor with figures that have been proved!!

Guy on here called Brian the Snail who has tested his WR1 totally to prove the prodive figures. Which he did!!

Old 02 September 2004, 04:38 PM
hawkeye
Scooby Regular

hey gangsta how's it hangin????

not bashing the wr1 it is a great car..... I think maybe some are good some are bad?? who knows.... more than anything im very pleased at the fact that my humble MY02sti did so well....
Old 02 September 2004, 04:40 PM
Cold Turkey
Scooby Regular

Cool

it wasn't aimed at you Daz and I agree. If I was as obsessed with .xx seconds speed difference as some people my 30K wouldn't have gone on a WR1.....and theres always someone faster
Old 02 September 2004, 04:43 PM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

hanging good mate.

Your STI is hardly standard though is it hawk?

As a WR1 owner who has fully tested his car to the max that it will do it just annoys me sometimes when I see posts that simply try to show the car up - a company can't just make up any old figures and then sell a car based on them. I for one would have taken it back after spending upwards of £30,000 on it if it didn't live up to what I was told it was like!!

As I said I am a pretty vocal WR1 owner so will respond to people if they ask questions - and definately to a post such as this!!

Although you and I are cool hawk from our posts before so no malace meant towards you in my posts
Old 02 September 2004, 04:44 PM
hawkeye
Scooby Regular

it wasn't aimed at you Daz and I agree. If I was as obsessed with .xx seconds speed difference as some people my 30K wouldn't have gone on a WR1.....and theres always someone faster

don't worry dazza that was squarely aimed at my humble 30k sti......... and yes I may have gone on and on and on and on about it but the figures are crap and don't bear up period......

so there (dummy spat, toys out of pram, pram totalled)

Old 02 September 2004, 04:47 PM
hawkeye
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gangsta Smurf
hanging good mate.

Your STI is hardly standard though is it hawk?

As a WR1 owner who has fully tested his car to the max that it will do it just annoys me sometimes when I see posts that simply try to show the car up - a company can't just make up any old figures and then sell a car based on them. I for one would have taken it back after spending upwards of £30,000 on it if it didn't live up to what I was told it was like!!

As I said I am a pretty vocal WR1 owner so will respond to people if they ask questions - and definately to a post such as this!!

Although you and I are cool hawk from our posts before so no malace meant towards you in my posts
agreed gangsta but mine is Factory Warrantied.... more than anything I think possibly that some wr1's are better than others due to being driven in better and the owner knowing how to rag the potential out of the car.

Maybe the wr1 owner that me and Dazza raced didn't know how to rag it within and inch of it's life in order to get the best out of it

Yes you are vocal Gangsta and we are cool LOL
Old 02 September 2004, 04:48 PM
Cold Turkey
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by hawkeye
probably not but it's interesting that an owner of a lower model ie sti can keep up with the current official "super model"....

personally if I owned a WR1 and it wasn't visablly quicker than an sti

that's all it's a free world and info like this means something to me, if itdoesn't to you the so what????? Don't read it
I don't find it interesting at all. Read Gangsta's post and his experiences totally refute your claims. So coming on here and pontificating as though you and only you are able to pass judgement ... "THE FINAL VERDICT" da da da dadaaa !! PMSL !!!

Autocar tested 0-100 at 11.39 a difference to the Prodrive figures of 0.72

I'm not saying WR1's are the fastest blah blah blah (I'm still <4000rpm) but anyone who does a search on your username will see repeated snipes at WR1s, their performance or their owners and constant boasting about your own vehicle.

"but me thinks he was "secretly" a bit upset"
"he'd have spat the dummy at my total lack of understeer"

have you got a little ***** ?
Old 02 September 2004, 04:53 PM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

I don't even rag the motor to silly levels - apart from my Porsche Turbo experience!! But there have been loads of posts on here about people racing WR1s in a whole selection on MY scoobs. They always seem to win though which is funny, even a 240bhp Turbo which 'apparantely' raced me and wrote an essay about it too lol lol lol lol !!

It's going to be the same until the next Prodrive tuned impreza gets released - and then that will get slated too.
Old 02 September 2004, 04:53 PM
hawkeye
Scooby Regular

oh dear seems youve got a little upset there mr cold turkey sir

1 if you search further about my car you will see i got FLAMED probably the most on scoobynet about 2 years ago when I first bought it.... I told people what it was they said I was a liar should go back to school blah blah blah.. so I took heed and kept quiet enjoying what I had. Which I may add was some 3-4 months BEFORE the ppp even came out??? make of that what you may

2 The final verdict bit was a bit of fun between me and Dazza guess you haven't searched his posts then????

3 I'm no the only one that CAN pass judgement but have been one of only a few that HAVE!

4 The lack of understeer bit was in jest to a post reagrding the twisties

5 regarding my ***** size who cares really?? why bring that up???

Hawk
Old 02 September 2004, 04:58 PM
hawkeye
Scooby Regular

ahhhh ive just re read your post and realise that now Mr Turkey sir you have a WR1 am I right..... well come on down to grand old Yorkshire cos me and Dazza enjoy a good old turkey shoot
Old 02 September 2004, 05:01 PM
Cold Turkey
Scooby Regular

Cool

well said. look forward to 'fully testing' mine

Gotta agree .... will always respond to the knockers

Hawk - never met but no malice meant in my posts either! You just seem to have some kind of chip on your shoulder against WR1s !!
Old 02 September 2004, 05:06 PM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

Turkey ... you will enjoy 'testing' it!! Just make sure you save playing with the diff for a track though - much safer that way!!

I racked up 6000 miles in 5 weeks and that is a testament to what an awesome, awesome car it is. I've never longed to drive a car as much as this one - Even when I did the ferrari experience when I got back into the WR1 after ragging a race bred 360 I wasn't disappointed!!

Hawk got flamed big time when the 02STi came out - although hawk you should take a look a Robbroy's STI7 (02) -that is awesome
Old 02 September 2004, 05:06 PM
hawkeye
Scooby Regular

Hawk - never met but no malice meant in my posts either! You just seem to have some kind of chip on your shoulder against WR1s !!

Ditto m8 I dont have anything against the WR1 as a car, infact the more I see them in the flesh the more I like the colour

It's just these damm Prodrive figures I have a problem with.. they don't seem to stack up in the real world whenever I get to meet a WR1 which to date has been twice.... well three but we wont talk about my chaning from 2nd to 6th very spiritedly.....

Enjoy your car it is great and knowing what mine is capable of Gangsta's incidents will be true. Althougth as yet I haven't had the priveledge of coming up against a 911 Turbo

Hawk
Old 02 September 2004, 05:09 PM
hawkeye
Scooby Regular

Turkey ... you will enjoy 'testing' it!! Just make sure you save playing with the diff for a track though - much safer that way!!

I racked up 6000 miles in 5 weeks and that is a testament to what an awesome, awesome car it is. I've never longed to drive a car as much as this one - Even when I did the ferrari experience when I got back into the WR1 after ragging a race bred 360 I wasn't disappointed!!

Hawk got flamed big time when the 02STi came out - although hawk you should take a look a Robbroy's STI7 (02) -that is awesome
glad you still think it's awesome Gangsta, there isn't much real world that can pass a 300+ bhp scoob is there

I'll search for Robbroy's car, although I realise mine isn't the best by far. I love it to bits and like you enjoy drving it every time

Take Care Have Fun & ENjoy

Hawk out
Old 02 September 2004, 05:11 PM
Cold Turkey
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by hawkeye
oh dear seems youve got a little upset there mr cold turkey sir

1 if you search further about my car you will see i got FLAMED probably the most on scoobynet about 2 years ago when I first bought it.... I told people what it was they said I was a liar should go back to school blah blah blah.. so I took heed and kept quiet enjoying what I had. Which I may add was some 3-4 months BEFORE the ppp even came out??? make of that what you may

2 The final verdict bit was a bit of fun between me and Dazza guess you haven't searched his posts then????

3 I'm no the only one that CAN pass judgement but have been one of only a few that HAVE!

4 The lack of understeer bit was in jest to a post reagrding the twisties

5 regarding my ***** size who cares really?? why bring that up???

Hawk
Not upset Hawk but I'm a WR1 owner so felt bound to respond as did Gangsta.

1. I've never called you a liar. Can't be bothered to look for the posts - can well imagine the response you would of got

2. Nope, seen some of his posts but they don't stick in the mind (or throat?) like yours . ScoobyNet has thousands of readers and posting such a thread title you must of expected responses from WR1 owners!

3. Ok, you've passed judgement and I've passed judgement on your judgement

4. Again this read as a comment on WR1 owners getting upset and not having a car as 'superior' as yours.

5. Its a comment on people who feel the need to boast that their 'xxx' is bigger than someone elses 'xxx'. Certainly hope you didn't read that the wrong way

Quick Reply: WR1 vs PPP'd STI03 vs MY02STI = THE FINAL VERDICT