Sponsored by:

Le Tour - David Millar - Stage winner

Search this Thread

Old 14 July 2000, 04:35 PM
brooks
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I read the other day that David Millar - professional cyclist and winer of the first stage of the Tour this year- drives a yellow Land Rover and a Subaru Impreza. Anyone else know any more about this? Does he visit this bbs? Does he drive a turbo? Any of you compete in Cycling road races or am I alone?
Old 14 July 2000, 05:39 PM
steve McCulloch
Scooby Regular

Come on... dont be sad

I could add Darren Gough (Cricketer)- who, I believe owns a silver UK Turbo with... gold Alloys, and resides in Netherton, nr Wakefield (well its parked outside his house a lot)- I think he's a tad more famous than Dave Millar - yes I have watched the Tour for about 10 yrs!
Old 14 July 2000, 07:07 PM
Mr.Cookie
Scooby Regular

Talking

But at least millars sport wont put me to sleep . Seriously what do people see in cricket.

Cheers
Simon (Waiting to be used as a stump)
Old 14 July 2000, 09:20 PM
RobMac
Scooby Regular

yup...
Davie drives a Landy and an Impreza Turbo

He lives in Biarritz in the South of France though, so you probably won't get him to come to a Track Day...

And in case you didn't know, he's Scottish!!! Well, his mother is at any rate!
I remember him cycling in Scotland as a young lad (him, not me) as I used to cycle a lot in my younger days (Still do in fact)

Makes me sound old, I'm "only" 31!!!

Rob.

Old 15 July 2000, 05:08 PM
Rogerscoo
Scooby Regular

I am a keen cyclist; both time trials and road races and live in Bournemouth. My MY00 turbo is on order and will be on the road September 1st, so I am eagerly looking forward to that..!
I guess you are watching the Tour? Armstrong is looking so strong at the moment, I don’t see anybody matching him and closing the gap.
Are you in this part of the country, or further up? I might see you on the road, either 2 or four wheels!
I have just finished a John O`Groats/Lands End for charity... 55 hours non-stop with a few mates in a relay. a good chance to get a few miles in!
CU
Old 16 July 2000, 07:38 PM
steve McCulloch
Scooby Regular

I was in Bairittz just prior to the start - sum c*unt vandalised my car their - Miller being jealous?
Old 16 July 2000, 08:37 PM
RobMac
Scooby Regular

It's a long way from Derby to Bournemouth (for me anyway!!)

I can't believe how strong Armstrong is this year, even better than last year.

I do like Pantani though, such a great climber. Watched the stage to Courchevel earlier and he just looked fantastic. I know how difficult the climb into the finish was, as Pete Croney and myself went skiing there over New Year (went right past our hotel in fact!)and it is a long drag up to the Heliport.

Taking my bike to Spain in a couple of weeks time on holiday to try and get a load of miles in while the girlfriend suns herself by the pool.

Need to get the mileage on the Bianchi up!!

Rob.

Old 17 July 2000, 01:08 PM
brooks
Scooby Regular

Well I must say I am really surprised. I didn't think anyone would reply.

I have been disappointed by Le Tour this year. I thought it may be quite tight (with all the top guys racing) - but if anything Armstrong look much stronger this year and the oppostion has dissolved. This time his major rivals have no excuses if they are not keeping up then they have not prepared properly (i.e. Zuelle, Ullrich and Pantani).

David Millar rode an awesome Prologue and he also has great taste in cars!!!!
CU - if you do any E,1,2,3 road races on the south coast I may see you there as I live about 1 hour away from you (heading east from Bournemouth).

Old 17 July 2000, 01:29 PM
MarkCSC
Scooby Regular

Wink

I love cycling (haven't been out in a while as I'm lazy) and the guys in the Tour make it look so easy and I know it isn't.

Vague topic of famous people with Scoobs:

Valentino Rossi ex 125/250 Moto GP champion
has two of them (white and blue one)

and some gut called Richard Burns has one as a company car
Old 17 July 2000, 09:51 PM
Rogerscoo
Scooby Regular

Smile

As you are on the south Coast, we may well be at a race at the same time...

I have sent you an e-mail with a few suggested locations on, so maybe you can give me a few tips on the MY00 when it arrives.

Maybe a few training tips as well if you are an elite!

Roger.

Old 18 July 2000, 02:06 PM
Steve Howat
Scooby Regular

Wink

Hello Roger.

Nice to see a familiar name pop up! You've finally ordered the scoob then, I thought you were getting it last year??!! Unfortunately I won't be seeing you at Barnsfield this year cos work have relocated me to Kent but no doubt I might see you occasionally when I'm in the area at weekends. I might even start taking the bike riding seriously again now I have all these nice lanes to ride on. Then again they're great fun to drive on instead!

BTW I saw your charity photo/write up in the paper. Thought you looked familiar!

See you later.

Steve.
Old 18 July 2000, 05:20 PM
rupertu
Scooby Regular

Mr Burns drives a silver STi6, courtesy of the boys from Banbury, and a 911 GT3.
Old 18 July 2000, 09:08 PM
RobMac
Scooby Regular

Rupertu,

Richard's car is Cool Grey. I know this cos I was there when he smashed it doing a handbrake turn a couple of months back...

Say no more...

He also has a Legacy B4 as well as the 911.

Rob.
Old 19 July 2000, 02:27 PM
Rogerscoo
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Hi Steve – I wondered where you had got to this year… you would enjoy Barnsfield if you were here. We are going round the opposite way, through the chicane and up the hill from the steep side, which sorts a few out. I am looking forward to this Thursday to have some decent weather to race in as its been arm warmers most other weeks.

I am off on holiday from the 1st to the 15th but they are running until the end of September, so if you get a few days off, then make one a Thursday.

Yes – the scoob got delayed a bit; I tried to increase the mileage on the current car but didn’t make it so it was moved forward. I have ordered from Chapel Gate who seem quite a good crowd and will be local for service etc.

This BBS with the FQA has been most useful for information, I was wondering whether to delay until the new model is available, but it will delay for another 6 months or so and the current car provides everything I need (and should be fun to drive..!) I wanted something a bit unique and was always impressed with yours. From your comments you are still pleased with it?

Good to hear from you, keep in touch and hopefully I will see you in a race soon.

Roger.