Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anger venting thread at having my Subaru badge stolen...

Search this Thread

Old 26 August 2004, 12:40 PM
555Bob
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Anger venting thread at having my Subaru badge stolen...

Last night I chased some kids away from my car after seeing them loitering round it just after midnight. I naively thought they were just having a look at the car until I looked round it this morning to find the little ***** had nicked by Subaru badge from the front of the car!

I guess this is the modern day version of stealing VW badges after the Beastie Boys made it fashionable to have them hanging round their necks.

Is this a common occurrence or am I just unlucky? Also, does anyone have a rough idea of price for a new one...
Old 26 August 2004, 01:27 PM
T.J
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 555Bob
Last night I chased some kids away from my car after seeing them loitering round it just after midnight. I naively thought they were just having a look at the car until I looked round it this morning to find the little ***** had nicked by Subaru badge from the front of the car!

I guess this is the modern day version of stealing VW badges after the Beastie Boys made it fashionable to have them hanging round their necks.

Is this a common occurrence or am I just unlucky? Also, does anyone have a rough idea of price for a new one...

...I paid £17 for one!
Old 26 August 2004, 01:35 PM
555Bob
Scooby Newbie

I just did a forum search & found a couple of links to Graeme Goode & Scoobyparts but they're either too expensive ( £20 +) or the wrong version. Surprisingly the local Subaru dealer has quoted me £16.38 plus V.A.T & they have one in stock so I'll go with them I guess.

I wouldn't be quite so p1ssed off if it was a fiver or something but nigh on £20 makes it even more gutting & more of a worry that they might do it again.
Old 26 August 2004, 02:01 PM
LiamWR1
Scooby Regular

I just did a forum search & found a couple of links to Graeme Goode & Scoobyparts but they're either too expensive ( £20 +) or the wrong version. Surprisingly the local Subaru dealer has quoted me £16.38 plus V.A.T & they have one in stock so I'll go with them I guess.

I wouldn't be quite so p1ssed off if it was a fiver or something but nigh on £20 makes it even more gutting & more of a worry that they might do it again.
That would completely p1ss me off!!! I just have to put up with buying 4 new metal dustcaps a week due to the local ******* blinging up their moutain bikes!
Old 26 August 2004, 02:16 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

It happened to me, too.... about a year ago. Amen Corner posted this and it really cheered me up.

Old 26 August 2004, 02:26 PM
Colinj
Scooby Regular

Grrr little pesky kids look in mine and get hand prints all over it all the time.....nothing went missing yet tho.

Look on Ebay for a bargain if you need a new badge.....plenty selling on there
Old 26 August 2004, 02:33 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Kids like Subaru's.

This is an example of life and how it kicks you in the ***** occasionally.
Old 26 August 2004, 02:42 PM
Pittsey
Scooby Regular

Mine got nicked recently too, *******s. Seems your local dealer is a lot better than mine, I got quoted £40 for one. Lame.

Ended up getting 1 off ebay for £7, nice dark blue one too, matches my car. But I was without 1 for a month. Made sure I araldited it good though, if they're gonna nick it now it aint coming off in 1 piece.

However I'm worried about the back of my car, if they take them they'll probably damage the paint on the back of my car!!
Old 26 August 2004, 02:45 PM
dlynch
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

To be honest i would consider myself lucky. It could of been a lot worse, scratches etc..
Old 26 August 2004, 02:50 PM
Sideways
Scooby Regular

When I had my UK300 someone stole the S and the end U from my boot. Slightly marked it but not too bad. Called local dealer and it was £37 for a MY01 + and £20 for a MY93 - MY00. The only difference is the MY01 + have bigger gaps inbetween the letters. ( they come on a marked out piece of card with the correct spacing for those of you that didn't know ) so I got the classic one and cut off the letters I wanted and saved myself £17. The price difference was utter madness to me.
Still have an UBAR in the garage as spares .

Jas
Old 26 August 2004, 02:53 PM
555Bob
Scooby Newbie

Good call Colinj, I'll check out ebay at some point then.

I take it araldite is some kind of monster adhesive then? Sounds like the right stuff for the job!

I checked the bonnet for scratches etc but there doesn't appear to be any so yeah, it could've been much worse but thankfully it wasn't.

I'm still miffed though, little b'stards!
Old 26 August 2004, 02:57 PM
Prince Popeye
BANNED

Chavs see the Subaru as an Icon. Remember in their eyes its a gangsters car so the Badge is another form of bling bling for them to wear around their chicken necks.
Old 26 August 2004, 03:00 PM
Colinj
Scooby Regular

Good call Colinj, I'll check out ebay at some point then.

I take it araldite is some kind of monster adhesive then? Sounds like the right stuff for the job!

I checked the bonnet for scratches etc but there doesn't appear to be any so yeah, it could've been much worse but thankfully it wasn't.

I'm still miffed though, little b'stards!
No problem....as long as you dont bid on the one im wanting to buy !

Please reffer to my post on Superglue before sticking anything.......I managed to bond my car keys onto my hand last night
Old 26 August 2004, 03:35 PM
555Bob
Scooby Newbie

No fear Colinj, I won't be bidding 'til next week any way so we won't be crossing swords via an ebay bidding war hopefully!

r.e your glue thread: Ah yes, the famous 'glue surge' phenomenon otherwise known as 'loctite leakage'. I've experienced this before when I used to build Airfix plane kits as a nipper! I think I'll wear some gloves when I do the badge!
Old 26 August 2004, 03:43 PM
Colinj
Scooby Regular

Well im looking at buying a nice Pink badge for mine (yes gay as **** but its all good ) pretty soon......so theres a chance i'll not need my Blue one if I get it. If thats all your after and it comes off with no damage you can have it for a few quid?
Old 26 August 2004, 03:53 PM
555Bob
Scooby Newbie

That would be top class mate. Is it a standard uk 'classic' turbo badge or is it slightly different? The reason I ask is that I think my original one had a black background with silver stars on it rather than a blue one? I could well be wrong though...
Old 26 August 2004, 04:01 PM
Colinj
Scooby Regular

Its off a UK MY96 and as far as I know is Blue with 3 stars, I will check it out tonight tho and let you know in here. Should have orderd my gay badge within a couple days hopefully
Old 26 August 2004, 04:08 PM
555Bob
Scooby Newbie

Good stuff Colinj. Incidentally I thought all Subaru badges had six stars like in the pic at the top of this thread? Any how, I still live in the dark ages and don't have a p.c at home (I will do very soon though) so I'll bump this thread in the morning mate.
Old 26 August 2004, 04:19 PM
Colinj
Scooby Regular

I'll see if I can get a pic once I get home so you know exactly what it is. Theres just over a day left on the one I want so pending me getting that its yours
Old 26 August 2004, 04:23 PM
555Bob
Scooby Newbie

Excellent, cheers Colin
Old 26 August 2004, 04:23 PM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LiamWR1
That would completely p1ss me off!!! I just have to put up with buying 4 new metal dustcaps a week due to the local ******* blinging up their moutain bikes!
Super glue and glass splinters soon sorts that problem matey,i know had the same problem until i did this and the cheeky little **** had the bare faced to come in my shop and ask me for a plaster as he had just ripped his fingers to shreads trying to nick my chrome valve caps,but oh did we laugh
Old 26 August 2004, 04:35 PM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sideways
Still have an UBAR in the garage as spares .

Jas
Ask BuRR if he wants them: we suggested he had his back badge changed to "B U R R".

M
Old 26 August 2004, 06:18 PM
Colinj
Scooby Regular

555BOB - my badge is Black with 6 stars.

theres other ones on here http://www.scoobyparts.com/main.asp?link=shop you might like, they have my pink one for less than on Ebay.

Let me know anyway
Old 26 August 2004, 08:48 PM
scoobimax
Scooby Regular

Best way of removing the front badge is to take the grill off (easy just two screws and then it flicks off) and get a hairdryer or hot water over the back of the badge. This loosens the sticky pad/adhesive sufficiently to prise off slowly without snapping the badge. Also make sure you get the right size badge - bug and blob eye badges are bigger than classics.

Hope this helps.

Max

PS if anyone has a spare black one knocking about once replaced with a coloured one then I'd like to buy one.

Cheers.
Old 27 August 2004, 10:26 AM
555Bob
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Colinj
555BOB - my badge is Black with 6 stars.

theres other ones on here http://www.scoobyparts.com/main.asp?link=shop you might like, they have my pink one for less than on Ebay.

Let me know anyway

Colinj, Thanks for all your help with this mate but I have one coming through the post for free thanks to another fellow kind scooby driver.

Hope you get the one you want Ok.

Thanks again, Rob
Old 27 August 2004, 12:07 PM
yoza
BANNED

Remember, the badges are different sizes for the Newage to the Classic.

The Classic ones are smaller than the Newage.

Dont bother taking the grill off, use hot water and a small flat bladded driver to lift the edge.

Then use a piece of fishing twine held across the rear of the badge and pull it across, from one end to the other.

Jod done.
Old 27 August 2004, 12:55 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Think yourself lucky that you don’t have to replace a P1 badge. I had my rear one stolen a year ago. Took 3 months to get a replacement from Subaru and it carried a £67 price tag.

One recently sold on Ebay for £80. What I have done to prevent this badge going walkies is fit it with Velcro and detach it everytime I park up. The badge won’t come off when driving. I done a similar thing a few years back to a replacement grille pink badge from my old wrx
Old 27 August 2004, 01:52 PM
Colinj
Scooby Regular

Colinj, Thanks for all your help with this mate but I have one coming through the post for free thanks to another fellow kind scooby driver.

Hope you get the one you want Ok.

Thanks again, Rob
No problem fella, think i'll keep hold of mine then just incase any of the local young team decide my badge would look better glued to there BMX.

Whats the P1 badge like then? I also need a PRODRIVE badge for the rear of mine if anyone knows where to get these.....I like badges
Old 27 August 2004, 01:56 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

PM Cheeseboy Kolin
Old 27 August 2004, 02:03 PM
Colinj
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 16vmarc
PM Cheeseboy Kolin
Oh yeah....forgot

Quick Reply: Anger venting thread at having my Subaru badge stolen...