Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any interest in a disk upgrade for their new age STI??

Search this Thread

Old 18 August 2004, 11:33 PM
HI SOOB
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any interest in a disk upgrade for their new age STI??

Would anyone be interested in a brake upgrade for their new age STI???

Had the chance of getting a set of Bells made up to take a 325mm Rotor.

I'm sure you will all know what the benifits of running Bells and Rotors are, better cooling, therefore better,longer brake use under extreme driving conditions and of course it makes it more cost effective when renewing them(you only need the new rotors and a set of bolts) The bell is used again.

If you are unsure then check the pic below. The blue part is the Bell and the silver part is the Rotor.

At the moment I am unsure of cost as the price will depend on the numbers made. What I am sure of is that they will be cheaper than some of the leading Scooby performance companies who are charging £480 for a pair of fronts

I might look at the same upgrade for the 4 pot brakes fitted to the classics and new WRX Imprezas if there is enough interest.

If you are interested then please be patient with me as it will be the end of next week before I get a price and can also give a choice of Rotor makes and pad combinations. Will also be looking at pad choice too.

The main options will be along the lines of Brembo, Tarox & AP rotors, and as I said pads will be looked at and the style of driving matched to the pads required.

Thanks

HI SOOB