Sponsored by:

Prices

Search this Thread

Old 14 August 2004, 11:56 PM
Outcast
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prices

Just a little rant on Impreza prices.....

Had many types and sizes of cars over the years, raced and modified many.
2 mkiv Supra's just before the Impreza(still got one-573bhp), needed a 4 door car with belly as a semi family car, cause the wife's 1.6 Civic bores me when it's my turn to pick up and run the kids , They got too big to fit in the Supra!

Anyway, it came down to 2 cars with 4+ doors with the belly!
EVO and Impreza...
EVO -- too raw, in your face rally look, harsh ride, high and expensive maintenence. (sorry)
So Impreza it was.........

So done extensive research and came up with the MY99 model as best of the lot(value wise) .... (flame suit and amour at the ready)

And I must say it was a fantastic choice, the Subaru is one of the best cars I have driven....... it is a great all rounder.....
So good I bought another one(WRX 94) so I can really take advantage of it's design and used this one on track runs, 1/4 miles runs and even some drifting ..
Performed fantastic in all areas and still going strong with no problems, this includes over 30 drag launches at 6K+ RPM's...

Now decided for an upgrade on the first car (UK99), having checked around the usual a/traded and others, I am 'amazed' at the prices of second hand Impreza's now, besides the amount thats flooding the market the values are equal to a ford focus or similar bloody car!
I mean an average 99 Impreza with say 60-90K miles in fair condition seems to be running around/under 6K and still not selling easily... onder2:

I think this is unreal, the amount of car for the money!
Also there seems to be no set standard as seen 93 97 99 calling same prices!
You can also pick up WRX's for under 4K even seen a few under 3K... Some may be rough, but none the less sets a bad example.
One bad apple rings a bell?

Gonna try selling for another week or two obviously at a small loss, and if it gets any more silly, prolly bear the brunt and keep it than give it away!

Rant over............... and glass empty..
Old 16 August 2004, 11:58 AM
Outcast
Scooby Regular

Guess no one gives.....

No worries, just canelled my order for a new Impreza!

Totally put off!
Old 16 August 2004, 12:07 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

I had my MY99 UK Turbo on Autotrader for £9600 for 3 weeks about 2 months ago. 48k, FSSH, Tracker, CD changer, Origin B2, totally standard and pretty much mint condition.

Got 1 call in 3 weeks.

I paid £11k for it 6 months previously from a dealer. It's still got warranty which apparently is transferrable so i might put that in the advert when it goes in again shortly. I was offered £7k trade in against a New Mini Cooper S.
Old 16 August 2004, 12:11 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

a MY99 for under 6k.... a 94 WRX for under 3k, with a blown engine I presume, Where the fek have u seen these cars for sale??? they might be going cheap but theres no way ur seeing MY99 for under 6k
Old 16 August 2004, 12:23 PM
Andy Porter
Scooby Regular

agree with Dave, thats crazy cheap, not seen any early WRX's for under 5k....
Old 16 August 2004, 12:26 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Andy, Ive seen WRX's going below 5k but yet to see a car go below 4k unless its in need of alot of work....

just noticed Outcast is looking to sell his MY99 for 6k in the classifieds, blimey, thats a BARGAIN even if it is a wagon, tempted to go get the cash now just to make at least a quick easy 1k profit.... u should be seeing at least 7.5k for that motor. most MY99's are around the £8.5-9k mark
Old 16 August 2004, 02:42 PM
Outcast
Scooby Regular

Seriously guys, there seems to be a big drop in the prices recently.

The impression is that most buyers are just looking for an Impreza Turbo, regardless of age, spec and model type.
Most first time impreza buyers(we know who they are) just want a 'turbo scooby' , regardless of MY93, MY99....... and want one cheap!

It will be a selected few that will have researched and see that a later model example(like mine ) is worth the small extra dosh!

My other Impreza is an import WRX 94 which I got for under 4K and is/was mint, absoutly nothing wrong... Taking loads of anger now and still battling on.

Just 2 mths ago I bought another similar car off here for under 3K, yes good under too, all needed was 2 tyres. been in contry for 5 years and had history and servicing coming through it's zorst by it's one owner. even minter(sp) than the one for 4K...... I kid you not!
This one I obviously passed on to a m8 for a small admin fee.....

As I said it's a fantastic car and only selling as I want an upgrade and because of pricing now, I found another great deal...

Bought it 13mths ago for 8.8K and got it in A/trader a couple days now at £6.5 and not even a sniff......

I even thought that the wife ammended the adverts phone number so I get NO calls, she prefers to drive it than her 99 328i..