GOT PULLED TODAY!!

Search this Thread

Old 12 August 2004, 10:01 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool GOT PULLED TODAY!!

But the copper was more interested in talking about my car than givin me a bollocking(i was goin a bit quick)

after 10 mins of chattin he says well nice car mate , dont speed again and have a nice day

just shows they are not all bad!
Old 12 August 2004, 10:09 PM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts

maybe theres an amnesty........................

monday night, raining (road i know well) - pulled out to o/take line of cars (stuck behind wagon!!) on straight fast road......................h/lights appear behind at warp speed.................oh, well put foot down a little and he's stuck there? ease it upto around +20mph and its still there, uh oh..............start to slow down and ease in in front of wagon

blue lights go on, turns out its a 330 plod car!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fairly brisk!! oh bullucks, pull over and get out..............more interested in explaining how i held him up?? and should of seen him travelling at warp factor 10!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks very much, bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nicest bloke i have met in a long time
Old 13 August 2004, 12:50 AM
west lothian scooby
Scooby Regular

Lucky you - boasting about getting pulled!!

Stevie
Old 13 August 2004, 01:30 AM
hummelsubaru
Scooby Regular

i have some experience once. over speed in a 30 road and pulled over (doing 38). after a long conversation, he said this time i let u go mate. and then he said by the way, nice car mate. i think they are not alway bad.

scoobyhummel
Old 13 August 2004, 06:17 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

lol
Old 13 August 2004, 07:31 PM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

Got pulled last Friday (Not in a scooby) and got a friendly chat and let go made a lot more sense than giving me points at least i came away with some respect for him and his views rather than thinking it is all about collecting money from me.
Old 13 August 2004, 08:14 PM
RRH
Scooby Regular

I had the same a couple of months ago, on the M6 link road when it was only partially open.

No other cars on the road whatsoever, apart from the police Volvo estate that I tripped over coming round a bend well on the naughty side of a tonne. Before I get flamed for the speed, there was nothing else on the only partially open motorway- if there had been any other cars then i wouldn't have been doing it.

Anyway, the blokes in the Police car were telling me they had two WRXs on the force, but they crashed them in to each other and didn't get them back. They then told me they'd had the volvo on the speed limiter that morning (for no particular reason), then asked me to accelerate away from them as fast as I could to see if they could keep up.

Surreal
Old 13 August 2004, 08:26 PM
Brian the Sn@il
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by M444GY
But the copper was more interested in talking about my car than givin me a bollocking(i was goin a bit quick)

after 10 mins of chattin he says well nice car mate , dont speed again and have a nice day

just shows they are not all bad!
Sometimes they can be nice, makes a real difference if they are nice and talk for a bit, it made a difference to my driving.

Top peeps the Police who want to stop and chat and say, just slow down a bit mate.

Old 13 August 2004, 10:31 PM
WENDI B
Scooby Regular

I got pulled on M6 a few years ago, I was doing 114 mph. I was followed for 30 miles by an unmarked peugeot 406 and I didn't know they were police, I thought they were playing, so I played along (dozey bi$*h!). Luckily (for me) they were on a training exercise, if they'd of been on duty (proper derr derrs flashing lights, marked police car Duhhh) I would of been given an instant ban! Phew. Good job I was in my old Volvo or I'd really of been in the S**t.