Sponsored by:

PPP fitted but what next

Search this Thread

Old 11 August 2004, 01:24 PM
Nick L
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPP fitted but what next

I'm sure this has been asked a few times already, but most of the answers seem to relate to cars where warranty is less of a problem for the owner.........I've just had the PPP upgrade and have been well pleased the result. I had to have the PPP upgrade as it is a company car and I was not allowed to make any amends that would invalidate the warranty. It's 4 months old and with 12k on the clock.

I want to make some further mods if poss which will improve performance a little further.

I noticed some threads talking about different panel filters. Would this mess up the PPP fitted? Would I get any benefit if I did this? Which one(s) are worth a look?

Is there anything else I could do - preferably within the confines of maintaining the warranty - BTW, I do use Super Unleaded already and definitely notice a reduction in performance without it (at least until it has been running for 50 miles or so anyway)

Thanks

Nick
Old 11 August 2004, 01:52 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

IMHO Driver training. The largest factor in car performance is the driver. Plus you can use it in whatever car you're driving. Then i'd go for brake upgrades, followed by suspension. Prodrive do all the above so warranty won't be affected.
Old 11 August 2004, 06:12 PM
GRIFF007
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by Nick L
I'm sure this has been asked a few times already, but most of the answers seem to relate to cars where warranty is less of a problem for the owner.........I've just had the PPP upgrade and have been well pleased the result. I had to have the PPP upgrade as it is a company car and I was not allowed to make any amends that would invalidate the warranty. It's 4 months old and with 12k on the clock.

I want to make some further mods if poss which will improve performance a little further.

I noticed some threads talking about different panel filters. Would this mess up the PPP fitted? Would I get any benefit if I did this? Which one(s) are worth a look?

Is there anything else I could do - preferably within the confines of maintaining the warranty - BTW, I do use Super Unleaded already and definitely notice a reduction in performance without it (at least until it has been running for 50 miles or so anyway)

Thanks

Nick
try and stick to Shell Optimax for max power
Old 11 August 2004, 10:22 PM
robsta
Scooby Regular

I've just ordered an Sti panel filter for my StiPPP as its an OEM part, the warrenty is not affected and should give better pick up.

Robsta
Old 12 August 2004, 09:31 AM
GRIFF007
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by robsta
I've just ordered an Sti panel filter for my StiPPP as its an OEM part, the warrenty is not affected and should give better pick up.

Robsta
surely that comes as standard in an STi?
Old 12 August 2004, 10:15 AM
Boyakasha
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by GRIFF007
surely that comes as standard in an STi?
Nope, STi comes with the usual paper filter you get in the WRX. There are two versions of the STi Filter, one which is paper and the other is Foam.
Old 12 August 2004, 10:17 AM
chris's scooby
Scooby Regular

Which is the best one to go for?
Old 12 August 2004, 10:33 AM
pbee
Scooby Regular

Its the STi grp N panel filter you want which i believe should be standard in the spec c to meet homogligation requirements for grp n cars.

its different to what is fitted in other standard sti's. it has wire mesh with sti printed on, I think this one is still paper as it requires replacing as often as the standard item.

there is a picture on scoobymania's website.

you may also want to look at the JR filter from scoobyworld, it has received excellent write ups and its the filter Peugeout changed to for the 307 wrc.

Its a cotton gauze and so is good for a longer period of time. It can be cleaned and used for longer but I would just uy a new one every 30k or something.

With either filter when you take the car to be serviced just put the original one back in much safer option as they will replace it with the paper one anyway unlesss you tell them not to.

p.s i hope your not expecting miracles from just a filter :-)