WR1

Search this Thread

Old 09 August 2004, 09:57 PM
JWS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post WR1

Hello
are my brembo brakes going to stand up to hard track day use,as last track day in my old wrx ppp knackered all discs and wore a set of race spec pads out wich were new on the day, pads were red or green stuff or which ever one's were for road/race!!!
JWS

ps will i need different pads in for trackday's??
Old 09 August 2004, 10:13 PM
JWS
Scooby Regular

Wink hellooooooooooooo

aw come on dont be shy,there must be sombody with a wr1 that has done the odd track day!!
Old 09 August 2004, 10:17 PM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

JWS ... I have witnessed the brembos that are fitted to the WR1 being used very heavily during 6 track sessions - they were very impressive and still had loads left in them after the battering received. Although this was in an STI7 I'm quite sure they will work just as well on the WR1.

I'll find out soon enough for sure though!!
Old 09 August 2004, 10:18 PM
simo
Scooby Regular

depending how hard you drive / brake at the least i would expect a new set of pads will be required afterwards. You could well warp / crack the discs as well as heat dissipation (sp) is not the best with 1 pce discs . Make sure you warm up / cool down the discs for 1 to 2 laps either side of your flying laps, not easy to do with the buzz but it might save them.

simon
Old 09 August 2004, 10:19 PM
JWS
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Gangsta Smurf
JWS ... I have witnessed the brembos that are fitted to the WR1 being used very heavily during 6 track sessions - they were very impressive and still had loads left in them after the battering received. Although this was in an STI7 I'm quite sure they will work just as well on the WR1.

I'll find out soon enough for sure though!!
thanks for that m8 just ever so concerned by how rubbish the standard wrx ones were.
Old 09 August 2004, 10:23 PM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

simon ... are you pretty sure that new pads are going to be required afterwards?? My pads have done 7000 miles of hard road use and are still tip top. Can't see how 6/7 laps of a circuit could destroy an entire set of pads and/or warp disks seeing as most people drive the car just as hard on a road but probably don't realise!

Not saying your wrong just wondered if you've actually seen what you said happen to the impressive brake set-up that the WR1's/ STIs come with?
Old 09 August 2004, 10:24 PM
njkmr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JWS
aw come on dont be shy,there must be sombody with a wr1 that has done the odd track day!!
Am taking mine to Bruntingthorpe shortly for a duel with my mates Tvr,I will let you know how they perform after that.Or come and see if you want.I am trying to get another mate who has just got a 993 Porsche to come as well,just for a fun day out.If anybody else wants to come along it should be a good day.We are looking to go in September.I think Griff007 is looking to come along and a few different cars would make it more interesting.
Old 09 August 2004, 10:30 PM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

The discs do warp under hard use. It is all dependant on your driving style.