Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disklok

Search this Thread

Old 09 August 2004, 10:06 PM
njkmr
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disklok.does what it says on the tin!!!

Posted earlier about Penrith to Alston road and how good it is,except getting nabbed 38 in a 40(well I expect a ticket in next few days anyway).
Any way decided to travel up to Penrith in wifes berlingo multispace rather than take Scoob(dont like parking it on road and going on to Stanhope so didnt know where I would be able to park there either,hence scoob stays in garage)
Decided to take disklok out of scoob to use on berlingo.Parked up at Penrith overnight,puts disklok on .Next morning decides to go for a breakfast before going on to Stanhope.Gets in car ,goes to undo disclok,no fecking key!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Key is 100 miles away at home on scoob keyring,dohhhhhhhhh!!!!!
Had to call out citreon assist(rac) to get it removed.
Panicking now because we were on way to christening and time was ticking away.RAC man arrives,cut the story short a bit,I help to remove it because he was in no rush and didnt understand I was.It took us an hour and a quarter to get the blighter off!!!!!!!
There really doesnt seem to be an easy way into them which I suppose is why they are thatcham approved.
I wont say on here how we got it off for obvious reasons,but he hadnt got one off before and it was trial ,error and blood and sweat to say the least.
I will now get two new ones,one for each vehicle to save myself further embarassment in future.
Be warned ,dont be a tight git and share one between two cars,unless you remember to put a key on each keyring.Lesson learnt,the hard way!!!!!!!!

Last edited by njkmr; 09 August 2004 at 10:17 PM.
Old 09 August 2004, 10:47 PM
zesty
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by njkmr
Decided to take disklok out of scoob to use on berlingo.Parked up at Penrith overnight,puts disklok on .Next morning decides to go for a breakfast before going on to Stanhope.Gets in car ,goes to undo disclok,no fecking key!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Key is 100 miles away at home on scoob keyring,dohhhhhhhhh!!!!!
Thats just the kind of dumbass thing I would do, but at least the disclock proved itself to you.