turning circle for WRX03?

Search this Thread

Old 03 August 2004, 09:12 PM
mrklaw
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turning circle for WRX03?

Hi

Thinking about paving my front grass (its no lawn), as a parking area. We'd then park sideways on to the house, with the current driveway used for access.

But I'd like to know what sort of space I'd need in front/either side to be able to plot on the plans if there is enough space (need enough for two cars, and some spare for a bit of shrubbery if poss)

So does anyone know the turning circle of the WRX03, and how would I go about working out how much space would be enough? I'd probably reverse in and drive out forwards. I'd be the furthest away from the road as my wifes Clio most likely has a much tighter turning circle.

Cheers for your help!
Old 03 August 2004, 10:28 PM
naturbo2000
Scooby Regular

'kin acres if mine is anything to go by.

Seriously - is it not in the manual?

For measuring it's gotta be a pole and the right length string surely - plus someone to hold it right?
Old 04 August 2004, 08:33 AM
mrklaw
Scooby Regular

not anywhere I could find in the manual.

Problem is the grass is there at the mo, so can't test in situ. Suppose I could go to sainsbury early in the morning and have a practice, but difficult to get help (the missus would be looking after the baby)

Generally, do you think the width of a car (i.e. the driveway) woudl be enough space to drive out and round another car?
Old 04 August 2004, 08:45 AM
comic cuts
Scooby Regular

Location: Holder of six fairy tokens, from the land of green ginger

'tis 11.0 m diameter

CC
Old 04 August 2004, 08:54 AM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Have you tried www.turningcircles.com ? </joke> What an interesting site that would be :yawn:

It will depend on whether you go forwards or backwards, and whether there is enough room to open the driver's door. My car can only go in the garage forwards or I can't open the door!

Since you are going to pave over the grass anyway then you might as well drive on it now Why not set some cones up, either on a street or in a car park, and adjust them until you can just drive in, that will be the minimum requirement, or set them to the size of the area you have, and see whether you can drive in. Worth getting right.

My MY02 has a tighter turning circle than the wife's Yaris. Catches me out sometimes.