Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lightly modded sti eats 210bhp Seat Leon Cupra!!!

Search this Thread

Old 27 July 2004, 02:25 PM
mark*b
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lightly modded sti eats 210bhp Seat Leon Cupra!!!

For those feeling a little miffed about the Clio whipping the WRX thought I'd share this as the Cupra is very similar in performance to a Clio:

As I started to turn out of the Shell forecourt this morning I noticed there was a Seat Leon Cupra literally under my back bumper. Could see the punk staring at me with a smirk and instantly knew he was up for it - and I'm always keen for a bit of illegal street dragging.

We enter the A40 almost joined (I actually couldn't see the plate of his car!) To his credit he did stay with me for a little. But after a few seconds he must have been gagging on my Optimax fumes. Poor bugger.

Don't have the video to prove it but I do have the horsepower.

Cue Seat Leon Cupra owners to flame me with comments like "he probably wasn't even racing you"
Old 27 July 2004, 02:29 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

**** me here we go again. whats with the my dick is bigger than your dick thing. i just dont bother anymore unless it is exotica or a big bike.

cheers

big sinky
Old 27 July 2004, 02:34 PM
buzzuk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bigsinky
**** me here we go again. whats with the my dick is bigger than your dick thing. i just dont bother anymore unless it is exotica or a big bike.

cheers

big sinky
Had a little too much coffee theis morning sinky?, we all enjoy our scooby's in different ways. I myself get a big grin from from showing wannabe's my exhaust. Chill out.
Old 27 July 2004, 03:07 PM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

Chill out

youve been here for 9 posts, not the previous 900 all about the same bloody thing!
Old 27 July 2004, 03:30 PM
DeanF
Scooby Regular

Erm, Shouldn't a Non Modded Sti be a v good contender anyway
Old 27 July 2004, 03:39 PM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

You should have seen what my WR1 did to a cupra R when the driver decided that he thought he could play in the same ball park. lol 3rd gear at 75mph was all that was needed, although in a show of power I decided to go all the way through to sixth which is where I noticed I could not see the chaver anymore!
Old 27 July 2004, 03:48 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

exactly m8, only 900, **** me it has been a helluva lot more than that. still we always manage to come up with some excuse. i think it was fuel surge this time

cheers

sinky
Old 27 July 2004, 03:49 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

do chavs drive leon cupras? bit expensive i would have thought.
Old 27 July 2004, 03:51 PM
Nevetas
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gangsta Smurf
You should have seen what my WR1 did to a cupra R when the driver decided that he thought he could play in the same ball park. lol 3rd gear at 75mph was all that was needed, although in a show of power I decided to go all the way through to sixth which is where I noticed I could not see the chaver anymore!
PMSL
Old 27 July 2004, 04:06 PM
CupraT
Scooby Regular

How did you know it was the Cupra r 210 and not a Cupra Diesel/Cupra Petrol? Look pretty much the same when glued to your bumper.
Old 27 July 2004, 04:11 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

@cupraT

mate dont rise to the bait. just let it lie. you know what you have and what it can do.

cheers

sinky
Old 27 July 2004, 04:11 PM
Mark Miwurdz
Scooby Regular

Red face

You should have seen what my WR1 did to a cupra R when the driver decided that he thought he could play in the same ball park. lol 3rd gear at 75mph was all that was needed, although in a show of power I decided to go all the way through to sixth which is where I noticed I could not see the chaver anymore
The Impreza community is not immune from chav ownership either.
Old 27 July 2004, 04:12 PM
C
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CupraT
How did you know it was the Cupra r 210 and not a Cupra Diesel/Cupra Petrol? Look pretty much the same when glued to your bumper.
Because the STi was literally accelerating so fast it ripped the membrane from his eyes thus blurred his vision
Old 27 July 2004, 04:16 PM
CupraT
Scooby Regular

@cupraT

mate dont rise to the bait. just let it lie. you know what you have and what it can do.

cheers

sinky
Not rising to the bait - I actually own a WRX PPP and have done so for 18 months (used to own a Cupra). Wife owns a Cupra Diesel.

Just makes a difference if the car 'destroyed' was a diesel and not the Cupra R.
Old 27 July 2004, 04:25 PM
mark*b
Scooby Regular

cheers

big sinky
I'd race a horse and cart if the nag was keen to have a scrap.

Anyway you'll have to share your experience with racing exoctics such as McLaren F1 or a Suzuki GSXR 1300
Old 27 July 2004, 05:08 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

Anyway you'll have to share your experience with racing exoctics such as McLaren F1 or a Suzuki GSXR 1300
have never seen a macca in the flesh so to speak, but porsches and ferraris i have had a go with, and some of these have been surprised to see a scooby not disappearing in thier mirrors. you also find that once ppls get to a certain speed they back off. too many cameras and police about as Northern Ireland has a shocking road traffic record when it comes to fatalities. there is a time and a place. i don't advocate road racing but a quick blat on an open road i think helps to bring your cars capabilities into focus. i do it for the fun, just to see the reaction on other drivers faces. i know what my car can do as has been proved at scooby shootout and Jurby in IOM. big bikes are another story all together. i have alot of respect for these guys as i have stated in other threads. some of these guys have ***** the size of pineapples, Ghostrider for example. passing a GSXR-1000 in a turbo busa at 190mph doing a wheelie. bikes don't tend to take the bait as much as cars probably because they know the can annialate most cars, but it still does no harm to give them a wee fright now and again . maybe the "exotica and big bikes" was a bit conceited but you all know what i mean.

cheers

big sinky
Old 27 July 2004, 05:13 PM
CELICA-ANDY
Scooby Regular

I can see why people on here hate these VS threads, they get out of control and get on everyones ****!
Old 27 July 2004, 05:23 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

only 16 posts andy and you have realised this already. see, it takes a toyota owner on a scooby bbs to enlighten everyone

cheers

sinky
Old 27 July 2004, 05:38 PM
Cold Turkey
Scooby Regular

Sinky,

As a newbie I dunno what everyone drives - whats your motor and what have you had done to it ? cheers
Old 27 July 2004, 06:40 PM
Tandy
Scooby Regular

But do's it have va va voom???
A very self-important young man goes out and buys what he believes is the best car available: a 1997 Porsche 911 Turbo. It is one of the fastest and most expensive cars in the world.

That night, he takes it out for a spin and, while doing so, stops at a red light. An old man on a mo-ped (both looking about 90 years old) pulls up next to him. The old man looks over the sleek, shiny surface of the car and asks, "What kind of car ya' got there, sonny?"

The young man replies, "A 1997 Porsche 911 Turbo. It cost me $100,000."

"That's a lot of money," replies the old man. "Why do they cost so much?"

"Because this car can do up to 180 miles an hour!" states the young man proudly.

The mo-ped driver asks, "Can I take a look inside?"

"Sure," replies the owner.

So the old man pokes his head in the window and looks around. Leaning back on his mo-ped, the old man says, "That's a pretty nice car, all right!"

Just then the light changes, so the young guy decides to show the old man what his car can do. He floors it, and within 10 seconds the speedometer reads 120 MPH. Suddenly, he notices a dot in his rear view mirror that seems to be getting closer! He slows down to see what it could be and suddenly, whhhoooossshhh! Something whips by him, going much faster!

"What on earth could be going faster than my Porsche 911 Turbo?" the young man asks himself. Then, ahead of him, he sees a dot coming toward him. Whoooooosh! It goes by again, heading the opposite direction! And, it almost looked like the old man on the mo-ped!

"Couldn't be," thinks the guy. "How could a mo-ped outrun a Porsche 911 Turbo?"

Again, he sees a dot in his rear view mirror! Whooooosh-BLAMMM! It plows into the back of his car. The young man jumps out. It is the old man! Of course, the mo-ped and the old man are hurting for certain. He runs up to the old man and says, "You're hurt bad! Is there anything I can do for you?"

The old man groans and replies, "Yes. Unhook my suspenders from your side mirror, please."
Old 27 July 2004, 06:55 PM
CELICA-ANDY
Scooby Regular

QUALITY JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 27 July 2004, 07:04 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

I totally anihilated 3 council grass cutters in a row tonight, i showed em.
Old 27 July 2004, 07:10 PM
mark*b
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 16vmarc
I totally anihilated 3 council grass cutters in a row tonight, i showed em.
Awesome dude, as mentioned I had to wring my STi's neck to edge in front a diesel Cupra so you must have some serious horsepower to blow those ride-on mowers away.
Old 27 July 2004, 07:11 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

they nearly slipstreamed me at one point, glad they didnt or they would have been all over me
Old 27 July 2004, 07:13 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mark Miwurdz
The Impreza community is not immune from chav ownership either.

dont understand this comment really. Although the statement is true, I fail to see how this is relevant to the targetted post......
Old 27 July 2004, 07:44 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

@cold turkey

hmmm...........lets see were does one start. i have a 95 wrx. it looks like this and this

currently running 12.1 quarter miles but with new motec fitted i hope to get into 11s
cheers

big sinky
Old 27 July 2004, 09:44 PM
hugo
Scooby Regular

cheers

big sinky
I sense somebody feels the need to look for even bigger dicks to play the 'my dick's bigger than your dick thing'! Does this not make you the Seat Leon Cupra-equivalent in the premier league?
Old 27 July 2004, 10:47 PM
R1916v
Scooby Regular

lol modded sti an even match? No chance

These posts are only fun when the supposed underdog beats a "better" car.

A modded top of the range subaru beating a leon i snothing to write home about
Old 27 July 2004, 10:54 PM
scoob north
Scooby Regular

sorry cant help this smiley

http://www.un4.me.uk/un4_forums/html/emoticons/gay.gif

Last edited by scoob north; 27 July 2004 at 10:58 PM.
Old 27 July 2004, 10:57 PM
R1916v
Scooby Regular

Thats nice but maybe you should start another thread about coming out.

I mean I just find it funny reading the posts on here, x beats y, a beats b, then everyone starts bitching.

I'm off to race some micras (although I'd probably lose, french piece of crap )