Sponsored by:

WR1 gets its first beans!

Search this Thread

Old 26 July 2004, 08:43 AM
WR1 Bro
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WR1 gets its first beans!

1k mile service and followed by a few additonal miles and the fun now begins. The car in my opinion is awesome. The noise and the power is frigthening. The best way I can explain the power is I feel like my eyes are going to bleed. I love it and it is worth every penny!
Old 26 July 2004, 10:26 PM
chris's scooby
Scooby Regular

Mine was serviced on Saturday and all i can say is it's brilliant, it seems to ride better than my WRX too.
Old 26 July 2004, 10:31 PM
MillieWR1
Scooby Regular

Default MillieWR1

Originally Posted by WR1 Bro
1k mile service and followed by a few additonal miles and the fun now begins. The car in my opinion is awesome. The noise and the power is frigthening. The best way I can explain the power is I feel like my eyes are going to bleed. I love it and it is worth every penny!
Get my serviced August 10th , can't wait, from what I've read thinks just keep on improving as the engine settles down. Still can't get over the number of looks and comments, driving slow gives them a chnace to have a good look, but not for long.
Old 27 July 2004, 08:35 AM
WR1 Bro
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chris's scooby
Mine was serviced on Saturday and all i can say is it's brilliant, it seems to ride better than my WRX too.
Compared to my WRX the WR1 is a completely different car in so many ways. I guess I expected it to be similar with a little more power. The only negative thought I have had so far was with the tyres. Having said that, now they are scrubbed in a little they are fantastic in the dry. I'm not so sure about them in the wet?

Strut brace will be fitted in a couple of weeks time!!
Old 27 July 2004, 08:46 AM
ThrustSSC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WR1 Bro
The only negative thought I have had so far was with the tyres. Having said that, now they are scrubbed in a little they are fantastic in the dry. I'm not so sure about them in the wet?
Can I ask you for more details? I've had Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3s on PFF7s on my STi8, but I've found them very prone to sidewall damage - two out of four have got dinged already - one by just hitting a bump in the road at speed and the sidewall getting pinched as a result (and yes, I check my tyre pressures regularly - 2.3 bar at the front, 2.1 at the back). They're much softer vertically than the original Bridgestone Potenzas.

I was thinking of trying the recommended Pirelli P-Zero Neros next to see if they're any better. as I change tyres every six months (30k miles a year!), I have the luxury of being able to try everything on the market!
Old 27 July 2004, 10:32 AM
WR1 Bro
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ThrustSSC
Can I ask you for more details? I've had Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3s on PFF7s on my STi8, but I've found them very prone to sidewall damage - two out of four have got dinged already - one by just hitting a bump in the road at speed and the sidewall getting pinched as a result (and yes, I check my tyre pressures regularly - 2.3 bar at the front, 2.1 at the back). They're much softer vertically than the original Bridgestone Potenzas.

I was thinking of trying the recommended Pirelli P-Zero Neros next to see if they're any better. as I change tyres every six months (30k miles a year!), I have the luxury of being able to try everything on the market!
I wish I could help you in your decision. I haven't noticed any damage however, I've only covered 1300miles on them so far.
Old 27 July 2004, 11:06 PM
chris's scooby
Scooby Regular

My P Zero's r fine although i've only done 1100 miles and the only time they were driven in the wet the car was being run in so not being driven anywhere near the limit. I'm happy with them in the dry though if that helps and they seem harder wearing than the Bridgestones my WRX had IMO.
Old 28 July 2004, 12:49 AM
STI MAN
Scooby Regular

Unhappy GoodYear F1's

Originally Posted by ThrustSSC
i too had some GS-D3's on the Pff7's, dod not like them, Ended up getting ZZ3's

How's the std WR1 Zorst? is it any different to a PPP'd one?
Old 28 July 2004, 01:07 AM
Jza
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=MillieWR1]Still can't get over the number of looks and comments/QUOTE]

Yeh - like "why buy a £30k car in such a gay colour"

He he

Jza

Old 28 July 2004, 08:57 AM
Clive the Brave
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by MillieWR1
Get my serviced August 10th , can't wait, from what I've read thinks just keep on improving as the engine settles down. Still can't get over the number of looks and comments, driving slow gives them a chnace to have a good look, but not for long.
10th August............... what have you been doing????,,, waxing off over her in the garage I bet.....lol...... I did with mine :>

When the beast is let loose, hang on your going to hit warp 9.

Good job your 1k service is before the Castle Combe Rally day, you can have a play on the way. :>)))))))))
Old 28 July 2004, 11:17 PM
MillieWR1
Scooby Regular

Default MillieWR1

[QUOTE=Clive the Brave]10th August............... what have you been doing????,,, waxing off over her in the garage I bet.....lol...... I did with mine :>

Hi M8, according to Jza I'me on the turn whatever it's still a great colour.

Not far wrong, but being out each night to get the miles on. Got some of that wax you recommended, now got to find the time to but it on. Did you get the e mail with my mobile ?

C U on 14th