Sponsored by:

Scooby rear ended after one month of ownership :(

Search this Thread

Old 22 July 2004, 02:46 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Scooby rear ended after one month of ownership :(

On the way to work this morning about 8:30am I was waiting for the traffic to move when I looked in the rear view mirror and saw this red car coming flying towards me.
Next thing I know **SMASH** got out the car kicking and screaming and going totally mad. he women was scared to get out the car when see saw me going mad but I carmed down and took her details.

Ray

http://uk.msnusers.com/smash2/shoebo...hoto&PhotoID=2

http://uk.msnusers.com/smash2/shoebo...hoto&PhotoID=1

Last edited by Ray_li; 22 July 2004 at 03:10 PM.
Old 22 July 2004, 02:56 PM
Steve Whitehorn
Scooby Regular

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Bad luck
hope you get it sorted
Steve
Old 22 July 2004, 02:56 PM
BlkKnight
Scooby Regular

gutted for you bud.

Make sure the claim doesn't affect your next round of insurance premiums - if it does get it added onto the claim on her insurance
Old 22 July 2004, 02:59 PM
Simon Lau
Scooby Regular

Terrible...shouldn't be too much damage judging by the red cars front end but what do I know as these Subaru bodies are made out of Papier-mâché (sp)?

Judging by your jumping out of the car you aren't hurt in anyway and I hope you get the car fixed up quick but these things happen!

I'm always looking in the rear view mirror if I'm at the back of a queue and imagine things like this happening!

Good luck mate!

PS. one month better than one week in my brand new STI last year
Old 22 July 2004, 03:01 PM
Simon Lau
Scooby Regular

couldn't see the link before....hmm that looks quite expensive!
Old 22 July 2004, 03:05 PM
WRX_Dan
Scooby Newbie

Hope you get a better colour match than mine. I had an 00MY DBM, front end crushed by someone running a red light, the paint after the respary was too light.

I couldn't be bothered to argue, so traded it in for a new WRX, at the dealer that did the repair. They didn't seem to notive that the paint didn't match!!
Old 22 July 2004, 03:06 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

I'm getting shivers! looks horribly like my car!

hope you get it sorted quick mate.
Old 22 July 2004, 03:08 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

got a dent on the back back box too. the two pea shoots
Old 22 July 2004, 03:15 PM
jaycee
Scooby Regular

Ray,I feel for you. Looks like an expensive repair TBH, rear bumper, boot lid, poss damage to shell. Any damage to boot floor?
Have you done anything about the talk we had?

Jason
Old 22 July 2004, 03:22 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

Jason.

I cant get in to the boot at the mo. Only way is through the rear seats.
My neck and wrist is hurting at the moment. Went to work and got sent to the hospital for a check up.
Old 22 July 2004, 03:34 PM
minor_threat
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear that Ray, hope your neck and wrist are okay and your car can be fixed.
Old 22 July 2004, 03:41 PM
kob999
Scooby Regular

Hard luck similar thing happened to me with a new car a few years back. I would advise getting tough with the other persons insurers. My car was damaged when it was one week old from new, needed new front wing, bonnet etc which was all covered by the other persons insurance.

I thought it was over and done with until I came to sell it 3 or 4 years later. Most people have vehicle checks done and a repair even a very good one is easy to spot if new panels have been put on as their colour on the inside does not match the factory panels. Understandably this made people nervous and I had to drop price to sell it.

Reason for the story is that you will be entitled to make a claim for this loss in value of your car. apparently what you need is valuation from a couple of Subaru dealers for car without accident versus value with accident damage repaired. You should then be able to claim for difference.

I think insurers refer to it as a claim for dimunition in value
Old 22 July 2004, 03:50 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

kob999

I will check that out. So I might have lost £500-£1000 to the value. It just gets worse
Old 22 July 2004, 03:58 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

My insurance company recommend a garage in a dodgy area of Birmingham. i wanted it to go to Subaru but they told me this way they will garantee the work for 12 months.

Should I take my chances with Surabu but my insurance company told me they will just send the car else where.

I phoned Richmond Motors Group,(Middlemore Rd, Handsworth, Birmingham, B21 0BZ) and asked them if it is possible for me to come and see some of their work. The women told me she will have to get someone else to speak to me. she then buggered off and came back to tell me some1 will have to get in contact with me b4 i can come and visite them.

Ray
Old 22 July 2004, 04:01 PM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

Ouch!

Sorry to here about this Ray , hope you get it sorted with minimal hassle.

Chris
Old 22 July 2004, 04:09 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chris singleton
Ouch!

Sorry to here about this Ray , hope you get it sorted with minimal hassle.

Chris
So you gonna help me take her to the cleaners?
Have you had your pedals yet?
Im still waiting.
Old 22 July 2004, 04:09 PM
kob999
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ray_li
My insurance company recommend a garage in a dodgy area of Birmingham. i wanted it to go to Subaru but they told me this way they will garantee the work for 12 months.

Should I take my chances with Surabu but my insurance company told me they will just send the car else where.

I phoned Richmond Motors Group,(Middlemore Rd, Handsworth, Birmingham, B21 0BZ) and asked them if it is possible for me to come and see some of their work. The women told me she will have to get someone else to speak to me. she then buggered off and came back to tell me some1 will have to get in contact with me b4 i can come and visite them.

Ray

This is a tough one. It is probably true that most Subaru dealers would simply send your car to their own preferred repairers, but on the plus side the repair would be done through the dealership so they could not dispute any realated warranty issues at a later date and most certainly their work would also be guaranteed for 12 months. Again you will probably need at least two quotes from Subaru dealers in writing before your insurer will send your car there.
Old 22 July 2004, 04:10 PM
stevem2k
Scooby Regular

Get it done where you feel comfortable. They tried to fob me off with their "reccomended" repair centre when I had a prang, but I had a look at their facilities and decided that the place the local subaru garage use for their bodywork would be more appropriate. A few 'discussions' later and it was done where I wanted.

Steve
Old 22 July 2004, 04:14 PM
JoeyDeacon
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I feel really sorry for you, especially as I used to own an immaculate DBM MY00 turbo (actually thought it was my old car when I first saw the picture).

Just got rid of my decent car and the more I read about things like this the more it convinces me I made the right choice. Really annoys me that someone in a POS can just drive into the back of you because they were not paying attention and cause you loads of hassle. Don't suppose the woman is too bothered as her Rover is probably only worth about £1500.

You on the other hand now have to get the car repaired and if you are anything like me you will never be happy with the repair. Add on to this the possible problems selling the car at a later date and it means this accident is going to affect you for quite a while.

As for the damage I would guess that as well as the bolt on parts (bumper, boot etc.) this has probably pushed in the boot floor.
Old 22 July 2004, 04:15 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

Just phoned tracker and there is bugger all they can do if they took my car for a drive after working hours. Unless it was taken with out the keys
Old 22 July 2004, 04:29 PM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

This place is excellent. They do a lot of work for Subaru dealers;

Frank Stones Garages Ltd Tel: 0121 778 1363
103, York Rd, Hall Green, Birmingham, West Midlands B28 8LH

Best of luck,

Darren
Old 22 July 2004, 06:05 PM
5cby
Scooby Regular

gutted for you ray
i would say get your car to scoobyclinic as they will sort it for you
if ur unsure about the level of commitment they will give just ask about them on the forums
no 1 i know has a bad word about them
and ive seen there body repairs and there the best ive sen for a while

steve
Old 22 July 2004, 08:56 PM
ticky
Scooby Senior

Unlucky mate.

You have every right to choose who you want to do the repair. I think you will need two idependent quote's though. Most insurance companies will recommend you use their approved bodyshop, most likely saving themselfs more money. Any good approved bodyshop should grauntee their work.

I dont no how much a new boot lid, back bumper, back box, panel under the rear light would cost new from subaru. But I think it would be quite a few ££££.
Old 22 July 2004, 09:22 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray_li

Ray

Ray - It's YOUR car, you have the decison and the right to get it repaired where you like...not the insurers.

They will alway push you to go to their appointed garages for "quality" reasons. Truth is these places work on fixed pricing and make profits by working as fast as they can on the repairs of your car (bodywork shouldn't be rushed). This however will not mean you car will be fixed quicker...depeding on the repair shops schedule it can sit outside on the carpark waiting for anything up to 4 months (and over) before it gets started.

I'm afraid the same can happen when using some main dealers to do bodywork too.

A good bodyshop will always guarantee their work.

If your struggling to find somewhere I can recommend a good bodyshop in Halesowen.

Last edited by ALi-B; 22 July 2004 at 09:24 PM.
Old 22 July 2004, 09:28 PM
greg.g
Scooby Regular

Location: Faster than a quickshift.... get yourself a bionic arm ;)

Ray

If i was you i would give scoobyclinic a call on 01246 590 807.
They are based near chesterfield, but believe me, they know there subarus.
When i recently had my car car-jacked , it ended up with gearbox damage.
I phoned my insurance liv vic and told them i was taking it too a garage of my choice ie scoobyclinic. My insurance told me to get them to fax through an estimate.
My insurance then sent out an inspector to check my car and the go ahead was given for my repair. Its a bit longer winded going for your repair this way around, but at least you know that the job has been done correctly. Scoobyclinic will give your insurance a good competitive estimate as there hourly rates are very reasonable.
I have no conections with this garage, but i have had work carried out there before, and i cannot speak highly enough of them.
And before you say its a long way away, i live in birmingham myself
Give them a bell. You wont regret it and its your right to choose a repairer of your choice.

Good luck

Greg
Old 22 July 2004, 09:36 PM
chris's scooby
Scooby Regular

I used the insurers repairer once on an old car. In total the had the car 4 times b4 i was happy with the job they'd done.
Old 22 July 2004, 09:49 PM
rb5 286
Scooby Regular

i was just smashed up the rear by some dopey ol c**t

"i heard u rev up so i thought u was going"
"having 4wd u should have been well gone"
"there's no damage"

were just some of the things he said that didnt add to my already unbalanced temper.

now my neck is hurting
Old 22 July 2004, 11:46 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

Just poped to the cop shop and got some forms to fill in. What a pain in the ****. Was not gonna inform the police but was recommended to.
Old 23 July 2004, 12:26 AM
wrxmania
Scooby Regular

Been there - done it!!!

3 month old car January - white van man - BANG 50MPH in standing motorway traffic!!!

Hope you are OK.

ARGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I know EXACTLY how you feel,

BTW - I INSISTED on Subaru garage for repair - YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO CHOOSE!

Brian

Last edited by wrxmania; 23 July 2004 at 12:31 AM.
Old 24 July 2004, 12:13 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

ray have you considered scooby clinic?

they are very good.

jamo

Quick Reply: Scooby rear ended after one month of ownership :(