Sponsored by:

Rigoli

Search this Thread

Old 25 July 2004, 12:05 PM
mark*b
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rigoli

Just been reading Speed magazine (Australian) and there's an interesting story about the world's fastest rex (8.98s 1/4 mile) and the "team" that works on it.

The Cabin Drag Combat weekend at Western Sydney's International Dragway saw Rigoli run a few quick passes and then do a crankshaft. Despondent, Dom sat in the VIP room and then thought - I'm going to be here all day, why not swap motors and have one more run.

The Rigoli team brought another crankcase from the workshop while others removed the dead one. According to Speed they were "quick, neat and amazingly cool. Where mere mortals would be dripping in sauna-like perspiration and cursing the sweltering temperatures, these dudes made it look like another day in the office." BTW the engine is no quick release WRC one either.

A couple of hours later the new motor is running and Rigoli runs a 11.90, far below his PB but good enough for 3rd in Pro Class. "It's up to its old tricks again; a flex plate let go." The crowd appreciated the effort and Dom was all grins until Bakkar Arja put in a low 9 in his 2L no nitrous WRX. Wish I was there to watch.

A few facts about the TRP car:

EJ20T stroked to 2.5L
Runs on methanol with a 2 stage NOS setup.
Strengthened auto box with a 4500rpm stall converter
4.1 diff ratio
Mickey Thompson 26x8.5" slicks
541 b/hp at the wheels

MOT compliant - I think not.