Sponsored by:

Chris Harris Lambo vs type 25

Search this Thread

Old 23 July 2004, 04:21 PM
jl4069
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chris Harris Lambo vs type 25

Not sure if anyone here remembers but HArris from Autocar, recently did a brief back to back comparison between his own (therfore a severly biased opinion- which never stopped a Auto rag journo before I suppose) Lambo and the type 25. He wound up saying something off the cuff to the effect that the Lambo took bumps better, which somehow I doubt very much, as there was no serious attempt made at actually comparing the two cars in any way what-so-ever like a proper road test should. Harris also conviently said nothing about how the Impreza has more wheel-travel, and has a far more comfortable driving position with far better sight lines. Anyhow it looks like the two cars will go at it again in their best drivers car article this week, and I'm sure the Lambo will head the pack as again it is Harris's car which according to him he has basically gone into the deepest debt for. The Bottom line, is that the Ian Litch's Type 25 is an utterly brilliant iteration of the Impreza, which I am sure has numerous advantages over the new lambo, but which sadly will never be broadcast to anyone who makes money in the process.
Old 23 July 2004, 04:41 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jl4069
I'm sure the Lambo will head the pack as again it is Harris's car which according to him he has basically gone into the deepest debt for.
I think he sold it a while back....
Old 23 July 2004, 05:33 PM
MadMark
Scooby Regular

Good article and pretty fair comparisons - I believe he might have gone into debt - but made a profit .......
Old 23 July 2004, 08:36 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

I don't see how a comparison of an Impreza (ANY Impreza) and a Lambo is of any use to anyone. As for "Harris also conviently said nothing about how the Impreza has more wheel-travel, and has a far more comfortable driving position with far better sight lines" who gives a toss if a Lambo has poor visability? Given infinite money are you telling me you'd buy an Impreza and have done with it?
Old 23 July 2004, 09:57 PM
LitchfieldImports
Former Sponsor

Cool

It is unfair to suggest that just because Chris bought a Lambo that he would be bias. He had sold it some time ago and the feature was written by most of the Autocar team and guest drivers. Perhaps having sampled the Lambo early on and realising how amazing it IS he decided that it was the car for him. He also has a RS focus and is always singing its praises as well. He’s hardly going to pick a lemon for his run around is he

The Lambo in next weeks Autocar feature is the press car and utterly stunning. You should have seen the grins from the Lotus engineers after taking it out for spin and they really know what their talking about Better still was the look of the Rover coupe's development team when they had sampled the GT3 RS lol

The fact that a 4 door saloon even hints at comparison is good enough for us, got into the top selection last year with the Spec C so we’ll just have to wait for the article to see how the Type 25 got on

Was brilliant to chat to all the other manufactures engineers and see what they throught of the car

Iain

www.litchfieldimports.co.uk

Last edited by iainlit; 23 July 2004 at 10:06 PM.
Old 23 July 2004, 10:38 PM
Gidney&Knowlesy
Scooby Regular

A credit to Iain & his team of engineers as to waht can be achieved
Old 23 July 2004, 11:50 PM
dc911
Scooby Regular

Well if anyone actually wants a comparison between the 2 cars they only have to ask!!!
I sold my Gallardo and bought iains first type 25 and havent looked back since.
Well done iain, cant wait til next week to see how it went although you should have borrowed mine as it might have pulled a little stronger than yours
Old 24 July 2004, 04:24 AM
jl4069
Scooby Regular

Sorry I offended the Lambo crowd, but indeed I hold its engineering as no greater and no more throughly thought out than Subaru quite frankly. In fact I doubt that chaisis wise there is much between them. I'd say the Lambo is probably 30-50% percent stiffer and has a much more track foced suspension. If evo boys John Barker and Meaden (or for this matter any two very competent drivers) got those two cars back to back in Wales, I know which car I'd have my money on. Yes the LAmbo is beautiful and congradulations to all who own and view them- just focusing on the form portion as form applies to cars for the public road. Thanks, JL
Old 24 July 2004, 11:47 AM
Type R
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Scoob or Lambo, hmm tricky one that.
Old 24 July 2004, 11:51 AM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by iainlit
It is unfair to suggest that just because Chris bought a Lambo that he would be bias. He had sold it some time ago and the feature was written by most of the Autocar team and guest drivers. Perhaps having sampled the Lambo early on and realising how amazing it IS he decided that it was the car for him. He also has a RS focus and is always singing its praises as well. He’s hardly going to pick a lemon for his run around is he

The Lambo in next weeks Autocar feature is the press car and utterly stunning. You should have seen the grins from the Lotus engineers after taking it out for spin and they really know what their talking about Better still was the look of the Rover coupe's development team when they had sampled the GT3 RS lol

The fact that a 4 door saloon even hints at comparison is good enough for us, got into the top selection last year with the Spec C so we’ll just have to wait for the article to see how the Type 25 got on

Was brilliant to chat to all the other manufactures engineers and see what they throught of the car

Iain

www.litchfieldimports.co.uk
Well said Iain!
Old 26 July 2004, 10:39 AM
LitchfieldImports
Former Sponsor

No offence JL just thought I would defend Chris's position alittle

Iain