Sponsored by:

**IMPORTANT** Check your Trackstar now

Search this Thread

Old 22 July 2004, 03:07 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down **IMPORTANT** Check your Trackstar now

Just on the off chance I thought I'd ring Trackstar this morning just to check if the system is working OK. Well, it was'nt and RAC trackstar don't know when it stopped working either. THey btold me it was up to my dealer to "maintain the system and check it's OK which I told them was total Bollox as I pay them the subs to use their tracking system. Got a manager phoning back this afternoon as I am NOT happy with the situation and want some money refunded as Ive poaid for a service that I have not been getting.

There are also insurance implications if the system is not working as well.

So I suggest anyone with an RAC Trackstar device phones them ASAP to see if their system is operational.

Chip.
Old 22 July 2004, 03:39 PM
bogie
Scooby Regular

Did this the other week after reading a post in the "security" section.

First time they didn't locate it (it hadn't moved fora few hours though), second time they told me where my car was.

I am going to regularily check mine for peace of mind.

Don't rate it as much as Tracker.

Bogie
Old 22 July 2004, 03:51 PM
kob999
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chip
THey btold me it was up to my dealer to "maintain the system and check it's OK which I told them was total Bollox as I pay them the subs to use their tracking system. Got a manager phoning back this afternoon as I am NOT happy with the situation and want some money refunded as Ive poaid for a service that I have not been getting.

There are also insurance implications if the system is not working as well.

So I suggest anyone with an RAC Trackstar device phones them ASAP to see if their system is operational.

Chip.
Thats a serious cop out. How the hell is your dealer supposed to know if they can locate your car on their system or not. I had tracstar on my car but would not have bothered with any system if insurance company allowed it. These systems are purely to benefit the insurance companies. If your car is stolen and the crap driven out of it, then recovered with no outward damage the insurance company will simply hand it back to you even though it may have had it internals destroyed.
Then wwhen you come to sell/trade in it value will be affected because it will be recorded as stolen recovered
Old 22 July 2004, 04:41 PM
harry_p1
Scooby Regular

Talking

HI ALL

I got TRACKSTAR on my P1 ive had it a month only TODAY have i received my Contract form to fill in and send, ive requested this 7 times both me and the Subaru Dealer i purchased the car from have been calling. Ive spoken to Customer Service Rep to Customer Service Team Leader and now the Customer Service Manager (who is away) but the manager covering her position.
I spent a total of 1hr 20mins in the last two days on the phone to them id**ts
ANYONE REALLY FED UP PM ME AND I'LL GIVE YOU THE CUSTOMER MANAGER'S DETAILS RING THEM DIRECT AND P-L-E-A-S-E TELL THEM I GAVE YOU THEIR DETAILS THEY WILL REMEMBER ME BELEIVE YOU ME!!! WE'LL ALL BENEFIT FROM THE MONEY WE PAY THEM (BUT FOR WHAT I ASK?) A SERVICE THAT DONT EXIST

I THINK THEY'LL GET THE HINT ONCE THEY REALISE EVERYONES GOT A PROBLEM WITH THEM

CHEERS
Old 22 July 2004, 04:42 PM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

liverpool victoria at renewel time?

I know I did, no tracking needed and tbh, I agree with the above post, wouldnt want the bugger back after a good ragging!
Old 22 July 2004, 05:00 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Harry P1
YHPM.

Chip.
Old 24 July 2004, 08:15 PM
D3ave
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs down D3ave

Hi,
Picked up the wr1 a few weeks ago, all tracker details filled in at dealers, 5 days later noticed 1 of the contact numbers was wrong, so rang tracker to correct this, they said you are not on our system YET!
Also asked about a refund from last car (an sti with same reg plate) as it had 8 months paid on it, they said no problem, but to put it in writing (as did subaru dealer)
2 weeks later rang them again to inquire if details had been updated, they said yes you have a wr1 and an sti both with the same reg.
Someone has my old sti from the dealers with a new reg plate but a tracker in my name and address,
The person I spoke to on this occasion also said we dont give refunds on unused subscriptions their quote "it is lost"
That was after the dealer, a person from tracker finance dept and 1 from customer services ALL said I would, Talk about singing from different hymn sheets.

Tracker eh.
Old 24 July 2004, 08:39 PM
Big Den
Scooby Regular

Re the refund - I got told the same - 'sorry you've lost it' even though I still had 5 months left when I traded my STi7 in. I even asked if it could be transferred to the new owner when the garage sold it on & they said 'NO, the new owner will have to apply for a new subscription'

What a RIP OFF!!! I'm going to check that it's working on my new car on Monday after reading this thread.

Another point, when you renew the Trackstar subscription at the end of the first year you are sent the renewal details & payment request directly from Trackstar the dealer is not involved - so if the unit isn't working it surely must be trackstar that should inform you & arrange to sort it out IMHO.

Big Den
Old 24 July 2004, 09:28 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I've had all sorts of trouble with Trackstar, its expensive and if you have an STI you need it to be covered for theft.
The service is rubbish ...........

Better make sure you are covered, call them first thin Monday. They have had my details wrong for over a year, even after 4 phone calls, two letters and one letter sent recorded delivery, they also tell me that they are unable to identify the position of the car unless its moved with in 6 hours. So if its been removed or stolen for over 6 hours forget it.....
I dont believe thats true but they insist it is..........
And it 120 notes a year ..........
Old 24 July 2004, 09:40 PM
davedipster
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by r32
I've had all sorts of trouble with Trackstar, its expensive and if you have an STI you need it to be covered for theft.
The service is rubbish ...........

Better make sure you are covered, call them first thin Monday. They have had my details wrong for over a year, even after 4 phone calls, two letters and one letter sent recorded delivery, they also tell me that they are unable to identify the position of the car unless its moved with in 6 hours. So if its been removed or stolen for over 6 hours forget it.....
I dont believe thats true but they insist it is..........
And it 120 notes a year ..........
The 6hr thing is only because that would be the last time it polls back, cos the tracker goes into sleep mode to save the battery.
As soon as the car moves without the ignition on OR the alarm is set off it immediatly polls back and gives its postion for constant tracking.
That is why they ask the question bacause that is how trackers work, otherwise you would have a flat battery every week.

Dipster
Old 24 July 2004, 10:35 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I, on the other hand, have had no problem with them

1st commercial sale/installation of their service & it has worked all the time without fault.

Ask to speak to Ian there as he is generally very helpful.

Had a trip round their operation the other day on a related business matter (they are owned by TrafficMaster) & its an impressive setup. Saw the Trackstar control center but it was (thankfully) all quiet at the time. Wasn't any point in getting them to locate my car as it was outside their door
Old 25 July 2004, 04:57 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Puff,
An impressive set up it may be, but it's no bloody good if it isnt working is it.

I'll be on the blower first thing in the morning.Chip.
Old 27 July 2004, 10:21 PM
STi_Si
Scooby Regular

Harry P1

You have PM.

Simon
Old 27 July 2004, 10:59 PM
<SATAN>
Scooby Regular

I used to own a JDM STI 5 Type R, and had a tracker and gemel alarm/immobiliser fitted. I took it back 6 months later to have a blackjax fitted.. and guess what, somebody had de-activated/bypassed the tracker.. this could have only been done by someone I had handed they keys to (i.e. when it was in for a service etc) according to the security company (who I trust as they where as shocked as me)..

.. and when you take into account the only people who had my keys other than me where well known scooby tuners/suppliers.. it makes you wonder
Old 27 July 2004, 11:14 PM
Sabre150
Scooby Regular

Had my WR1 for about months now and tracker still not registered. Filled forms in at supplier on delivery. Not getting anywhere with either supplier or trackstar. Tesco's tell me that car is not covered for theft until trackstar is activated -- nightmare !!

Originally Posted by <SATAN>
I used to own a JDM STI 5 Type R, and had a tracker and gemel alarm/immobiliser fitted. I took it back 6 months later to have a blackjax fitted.. and guess what, somebody had de-activated/bypassed the tracker.. this could have only been done by someone I had handed they keys to (i.e. when it was in for a service etc) according to the security company (who I trust as they where as shocked as me)..

.. and when you take into account the only people who had my keys other than me where well known scooby tuners/suppliers.. it makes you wonder
Old 27 July 2004, 11:58 PM
BishopDevious
Scooby Regular

Location: Dancing on my intercooler saying 'owch'. Paint me pink and spank my ar$e, GIVE ME CURRY AND MILK
Default Customer service is a bit pants

I had a bit of a job getting the information pack out of them, only took them four months to send it to me after six phone calls (it was missing from the box).

As far as service goes, their installation people are great. They turn up on time, neat and tidy.

As for getting the system checked you would think that they do that every now and then without any prompting from the customer. I have heard some folks have found their system has not been working for a while but I would have thought that it was the RAC's responsability to check.
Old 28 July 2004, 08:29 AM
Thomohawk
Scooby Regular

Reading the above thread I decided to check out my system was operational.

Called the 'report a theft' number and told her I just wanted to check everything was working.

She asked when the car last moved, and told me that it shuts down after 6 hours etc etc etc. She asked me to start the car up and 2 mins later she told me exactly where the car was...... everything seems fine here!
Old 28 July 2004, 08:57 AM
Rasher
Scooby Regular

I recently had the same probs with Trackstar regarding the system not being working and me not being notified that it wasnt(see security section)
I also asked them to check my details and subscription to see if it had been updated.
I orginally paid for a lifetime subscription on my previous car and was not told nor was it written on my contract at that time that it was non transferrable.
I only found this out when I wanted to swap my lifetime subscription to my new car which already had the trackstar installed. I was told that if it hadnt I would have to pay for the Trackstar on my original vehicle to be transferred to my new vehicle which was at that time about £175 which I had no problems with.

When it comes to transferring my subscription I was then told by someone else that it was not transferrable!!!!
Not a happy bunny, but after much friendly discussion it was agreed that as an act of goodwill they would transfer my lifetime subscription, on the understanding that if I again changed my vehicle I would have to paay a new subscription.
I have now been told that my subscription expires at the end of the year!!!!!!
Andrea at Trackstar has been most helpful and is replacing someone who has moved to another department.
She has said that she will need to speak to this person and get back to me, but she is away on holiday at the moment.

So I will wait and see
Old 28 July 2004, 09:29 AM
Dazza's-STi
Scooby Regular

RAC Trackstar rang me up the other week, they said they had been loosing the car over the last few weeks

Weeks i said WTF are you calling me now for!!!! wouldn't two weeks ago have been a better time... Anyhows after i calmed down, they sent an engineer out in three days... 9.00am promt outside the house.!

So he looks at the box and finds the GPS reciever upsidedown... not particularly good reaaly must have always been like this... DOH!

Any hows didn't charge, turn it around and checked it... got a good signal...

So team... check your tracker!

Bit worrying though i'd say...
Old 28 July 2004, 01:16 PM
bluenosewrx
Scooby Regular

Had mine nearly three years, been out of the country for months at a time,come back get system check.
Not one complaint so far,also paid £300 and got lifetime subscription.

Mac.
Old 28 July 2004, 01:34 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had the STi a year and six weeks - and no renewal notice yet! My son had he same problem!
JohnD