Sponsored by:

Help me back from the brink...

Search this Thread

Old 20 July 2004, 10:23 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me back from the brink...

Having owned my WRX for 4 months now I must admit its been a great car.

However, with all the hassle over the last 2 weeks with the car I am thinking of getting rid. I have a fairly busy life, like most people, and I need things to be done right first time etc etc. So yesterday I found myself in the local Porsche dealer looking at a Boxter. <Slap>

Now I always said I would never have one, but its sooo hard to resist - its crap but at the same time its cool... what to do!

Any advice please?

Is this the right forum for this BTW?
Old 20 July 2004, 10:28 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

A Boxster maybe many things - but crap ain't one of them Totally different car to a Scoob though - so why the change of heart (apologies if I've missed an earlier thread)?
Old 20 July 2004, 10:37 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

loads of hassle, some other stuff happened too which I cant get into here but it was bad, proper complaint went in but nothing heard....

Dont get me wrong, the boxter is a good car, what I mean is for me its bad and good at the same time. I never want to own one yet I really want one.

I do a lot of driving on the track and I have played with a std car and a few boxter S'. They are ok, not my cup of tea for track work, way to heavy and need 300bhp min for that chassis.

I am going back to the dealer tomorrow, they have an 04 car with only a couple of hundred miles on the clock. I will see what price they can do on the scoob.

Dunno, just thought I would bounce it off you guys first.

Maybe I should chuck the PPP on her first and see if that helps??

Edit to say on the road I think the boxter S might be one of the best handling cars in its price band.
Old 20 July 2004, 10:41 PM
eyeMAJIC
Scooby Regular

Totally agree: I've had a Boxster, and it couldn't be more different from my current STI.

Image is also hugely different..... Imprezas have always been relatively classless.... as the "people's choice" performance car..... Of the 4 owners I know locally, one is a student, one is a plumber, one is an accountant and one is a GP. No image boundaries!

Porsches obviously project a very different message.... though I think the Boxster is a beauty, and I don't particularly agree with the comment once made on "Top Gear" that...... "everyone who owns a Boxster has to try and justify why they don't have / can't afford a 911"!!

If you care about DEPRECIATION, it's a no-brainer, obviously!!
But as you drive a new Scoob, I assume you don't.

Anyways, don't worry about these thoughts..... I've only had my new STI for a month, and I have already eyed up an Evo 260, a Forester XT PPP and a 2nd hand Touareg V10!!!

There's a thread somewhere about obsessive car changing here which makes great reading.......
Old 20 July 2004, 10:48 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

Compulsive car changing, that is me all over.

Since 2000 I have had a Vecta GSi, then onto a Civic Type R, then back to a Vectra GSi then onto the Scoob WRX.

Does not sound like much I know, but then consider I have also had 4 different Caterhams in this time too.... so thats 8 cars in 4 years