Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WR1 1000 miles,service,here goes!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 16 July 2004, 08:07 PM
njkmr
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WR1 1000 miles,service,here goes!!!!!!!!

Just had the 1ooo mile service,upping the revs to 5.500ish. Kin excellent,The sound is awesome when accelerating,it rips through the gears,and I have to say it is a joy!!
Not tampered with the dccd yet,but it goes round my favourite roundabout sweetly,(under the A627 near Middleton).You have to hear the noise echoing of the road above and bridge supports to understand.
The brakes are excellent as well,leave it that little bit later when braking and it pulls up like youve thrown an anchor out the window!!!!!
Anyone still waiting for theirs, its worth the wait.
Scott Lowe mudflaps put on today,look the buisness,just waiting for the wr1 stickers for them,to finish them off.
Happy Chappy!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 16 July 2004, 08:16 PM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

How easy are the flaps to fit? I've ordered some for my new JDM STI and I'm trying to work out whether to fit them myself or to have them fitted along with the alarm, stereo and SVA conversion.
Old 16 July 2004, 08:19 PM
njkmr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AndyC_772
How easy are the flaps to fit? I've ordered some for my new JDM STI and I'm trying to work out whether to fit them myself or to have them fitted along with the alarm, stereo and SVA conversion.
Easy for self fit,but dealer put mine on today whilst at service,unfortunately they put them on the wrong way round,ie the the smoothest side should face back of car.Got it home and noticed so just swapped them back over,half an hour.
Old 16 July 2004, 08:21 PM
subaru-impreza.org
Scooby Regular

Enjoy! Its the hardest thing ever to run the car in... Felt like a year for my WRX... After that though....

Have a good one...

All the best
Old 16 July 2004, 08:24 PM
njkmr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by subaru-impreza.org
Enjoy! Its the hardest thing ever to run the car in... Felt like a year for my WRX... After that though....

Have a good one...

All the best
Will do,cheers fella!!
Old 16 July 2004, 08:28 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Glad your enjoying it.......

.....I'll wind you up on another thread sometime
Old 16 July 2004, 08:30 PM
njkmr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davyboy
Glad your enjoying it.......

.....I'll wind you up on another thread sometime
I know you will!!!!!
Old 16 July 2004, 08:35 PM
Gee WR1
Scooby Regular

Now the grin factor is turned up 2 max
1500 on mine now
Have fun
Old 16 July 2004, 09:00 PM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

Thanks Glad you're enjoying the car.

Which is worse, waiting for delivery or waiting to run it in? (Hint: I know what the waiting for delivery is like...)
Old 16 July 2004, 09:04 PM
njkmr
Scooby Regular

Which is worse, waiting for delivery or waiting to run it in? (Hint: I know what the waiting for delivery is like...)
Waiting for delivery definately.!!!!!!!!
Old 16 July 2004, 11:55 PM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Running in is far worse!
Old 17 July 2004, 12:02 AM
chris's scooby
Scooby Regular

Glad ur enjoying it. Mines just done 400 miles and i'm taking it on a 300 mile trip tomorrow. Slowly getting to the 1k service!

Chris
Old 17 July 2004, 12:12 AM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by njkmr
Happy Chappy!!!!!!!!!!!
And so you should be Enjoy

Tony
Old 17 July 2004, 04:14 AM
Johnny WR1
Scooby Regular

Hey guys - quick question.

On the right hand side of the steering while are 3 switches. The left one is for the I/C spray, the middle is the driving lights, the right it the rear fog lights. At night, do all 3 switches light up, or just the 2 end ones? My switch for the driving lights is not illuminated unless you press it - then a little blue light comes on. Seems odd...
Old 17 July 2004, 05:43 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

**** 5500rpm - let rip
Old 17 July 2004, 07:53 AM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

Remind me never to buy a used car from you
Old 17 July 2004, 08:10 AM
njkmr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Brun
**** 5500rpm - let rip
Well ,er yes,it has been passed occasionally!!lol
Old 17 July 2004, 08:25 AM
SteelX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Johnny WR1
Hey guys - quick question.

On the right hand side of the steering while are 3 switches. The left one is for the I/C spray, the middle is the driving lights, the right it the rear fog lights. At night, do all 3 switches light up, or just the 2 end ones? My switch for the driving lights is not illuminated unless you press it - then a little blue light comes on. Seems odd...
Driving lights only come on when

a) the switch is in.
b) you are on full beam

When you switch full beam off the driving lights go off automatically. Which is a good thing because they are seriously bright!

hth

Steel
Old 17 July 2004, 09:14 AM
computerangel
Scooby Regular

Wink

Well guys i have had my 1000 mile service, and having previously owned a MY00 and MY03 PPP, all i can say is wow. My WR1 has the Scott Lowe V Lip, and i am getting used to the handling, i have never been a fan of Pirelli tyres but i have to say that i am impressed so far, do i go back to my Goodyear favourites when i change? worry about that later.
But the performance is quite simply stunning, i have a little chuckle everytime you drive past some kids and they all stand gawping at it.
Went out with the girlfriend around 8.30 on thursday night, and went through the very same corners i always have when i get a new car, and she just sat there laughing her head off, and she knew what the old car could do.
For all those doubters the WR1 is a serious piece of kit.
Get one, or at least have a go in one, you will not be disappointed. As to the Top gear review, well it is Top Gear after all.
Old 17 July 2004, 12:29 PM
achad
Scooby Regular

I've just reached 4000 miles and she's just starting to really loosen up. She keeps getting better and better...
Old 17 July 2004, 12:45 PM
scoobybhoy
Scooby Regular

Is it wrong for me to be so jealous?onder2: onder2: onder2: onder2:

No but seriously fair play to you!!!
Old 17 July 2004, 02:09 PM
Johnny WR1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SteelX
Driving lights only come on when ...
Heh, no, that's not what I was asking.

I'm asking about the switch that turns the driving lights on - should it be illuminated (at night, with the lights on, as every other switch in the car is)? When I look down to my right, I can see the I/C Spray and Rear Fog Light switches (illuminated). Between them is the switch to turn on the driving lights, but it is not illuminated - I have to fumble around for it to turn the driving lights on. When I find it, and press it, a little blue light does then come on on the switch, but I assume that is just to remind you that the driving lights are on?

I would have thought the switch should be illuminated (in green, like the I/C and fog light switches to either side of it) in either case though. Does this make sense now? I've just picked the car up and don't know whether to report it as a fault to the dealer and, if I do and he says, "they all do that, sir", then I will be able to correct him, or otherwise.
Old 17 July 2004, 02:12 PM
SteelX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Johnny WR1
Heh, no, that's not what I was asking.
Ah....oops!

Got ya now.

Well if it's a fault, mines got it too! No light comes on unless pressed (and then it's blue). Agree, would have been nice to have a green illum. on it.

Since they only come on a full beam though....maybe i'll just leave it in anyway

Steel
Old 17 July 2004, 03:12 PM
Blobster
Scooby Regular

Talking

Mine also did not illuminate....
....dealer replaced bulb at 1000mile service.

BTW I owned an RB5 previously which made me smile every time the heavy right foot was employed. The WR1 makes me laugh out loud under WOT. The acceleration is simply furious.

2000 miles gone and starting to think 30k was as cheap as chips.

Blobster
Old 17 July 2004, 04:24 PM
Gee WR1
Scooby Regular

Hi all
About the front driving lights: Thought mine wern't working as the switch light wasn't coming on either so asked dealer when in 4 1k service. story is as they are driving lights not fog lights they only come on when u switch full beam on then the switch lights up blue. They are great on the dark b roads round mine like driving in daylight

Gee
Old 17 July 2004, 10:42 PM
Brian the Sn@il
Scooby Senior

just done 14000 miles in mine.
Is it mine or do you all find the turdo spools up late and dsent get going till about 3800 RPM ?

Having the air con on in in heavy trafic/ pulling away with a bit of throttle the engines sometimes stalls as its got no lowdown grunt ?
Old 18 July 2004, 04:33 AM
Johnny WR1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Brian the Sn@il
just done 14000 miles in mine.
Is it mine or do you all find the turdo spools up late and dsent get going till about 3800 RPM ?

Having the air con on in in heavy trafic/ pulling away with a bit of throttle the engines sometimes stalls as its got no lowdown grunt ?
Are you talking about launching Brian? I have only had my WR1 for 24 hours now, but sluggish it ain't! I haven't done any quick starts, but have let the engine rev freely, shall we say, to 4K thru 5th gear. I notice my turbo at about 2750 rpm, and it builds pretty quickly from then on - the gear change at the 4K limit comes around too soon for my liking (I gotta shut off the power just when things are getting interesting), and I haven't given it WOT at all yet.

My previous car was also a 2.0 Turbo - lighter but not as powerful (Fiat Coupe 20V). That car isn't slow by most measures, but i can already tell the WR1 is in a different league with moderate acceleration and a 4K rev limit.
Old 18 July 2004, 07:57 AM
Brian the Sn@il
Scooby Senior

yes the launch Jonny mate, i thind it gets bogged down and takes years to recover, even in 1st.

There seems to be only too ways to pull away, normal pull away where you dip the throttle from tick over and lift of the clutch, this method then sees you at 200 rpm with the clutch fully out and no power at all, you havent the option to increase much speed, as burrying the throttle to the floor dosent make any difference, you have to wait for the turbo to spool up and then i see some power at about 3600 rpm.

the seconf pull away just cooks the clutch and stinks out the car.

you rev to just over 4000 RPM ( max torque range) and then feather clutch keeping the 4000 RPM, the car then launches like a bullet, with the great smell of clutch plates.

anything in between the engine gets bogged down.

Johnny, the main power range max torque starts at 4000 rpm, its great in the 4K plus area on the road, very rapid, and the exhaust tone is the best i have heard.

6 gears can be a bit of a pain sometimes but im slowly getting used to them.
4th gear is the favorite for me takes you too rather high speeds (3 figures) from 50 rather rapidly
Old 18 July 2004, 09:40 AM
peaquod
Scooby Newbie

Default wall climbing

Originally Posted by njkmr
Just had the 1ooo mile service,upping the revs to 5.500ish. Kin excellent,The sound is awesome when accelerating,it rips through the gears,and I have to say it is a joy!!
Not tampered with the dccd yet,but it goes round my favourite roundabout sweetly,(under the A627 near Middleton).You have to hear the noise echoing of the road above and bridge supports to understand.
The brakes are excellent as well,leave it that little bit later when braking and it pulls up like youve thrown an anchor out the window!!!!!
Anyone still waiting for theirs, its worth the wait.
Scott Lowe mudflaps put on today,look the buisness,just waiting for the wr1 stickers for them,to finish them off.
Happy Chappy!!!!!!!!!!!
i am still waiting for my wr1.how much were the mud flaps and where do i find scott lowe
Old 18 July 2004, 10:11 AM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

http://www.scottlowe.co.uk/ (oddly enough!)

Quick Reply: WR1 1000 miles,service,here goes!!!!!!!!