Sponsored by:

Supid Cow

Search this Thread

Old 05 July 2004, 08:53 AM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down Supid Cow

This morning poodling to work, 17 mile a road journey done at 60 everyday (well 65 on the speedo). i have a clean licence and intend keeping it that way.

i come to an uphill section with a crossroads. a lady in rover pulls out when i am closer than she should have done. so i then had to slow down so i used the hill in my favour and slowed to her speed, about 30mh, and was a car length behind. it was no braking drama but i used all of the gap between us to slow. she took great exception to this fact and put her hazards on whilst waving her hand about. we reach the brow of the hill doing about 45mph and i over take her when the car and bike going the other way clear. so i give her a blast of the horn for her troubles. i reach 65 (on the clock) and carry on my merry way.

she follows me the remaining 2 miles to work and pulls into the car park and starts saying i was doing at least 75 (lies) at this point she was leaning on my car window - so i politely asked to her to stop leaning on the car, twice because she ignored me the first time. she then said how she noticed i had to brake for the 40 zone (!!! don't we all?). when i said to her you have to brake from 60 to enter a 40 she looked at me like i was an alien! she then accused me of "macho behaiviour" and driving too fast. i pointed out that she should have given way to me an the highway code states that you must not cause vehicles on the main carriage way to slow when entering the carriageway.

then she uttered the immortal "my husband is a policeman". i actually laughed at this point. so she took my number plate and left.

does the car provoke these sorts of reactions in middle aged women? i wouldn't have minded IF if were speeding and driving like a prat - but i wasn't.
Old 05 July 2004, 08:58 AM
nom
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Driving correctly provokes agression, whatever car you're in .

I try to put it down to people taking out the agression towards themselves for doing something stupid on someone other than themselves, but I think, on reflection, that they simply haven't the first clue what they're doing, but obviously they're right, so it must be someone else's fault.
Old 05 July 2004, 09:06 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

jonesy

Its your ugly mug that sets 'em off m8

I agree - dozy doxy. Overtook farmer Giles in his pickup doing 40 in a 60, safely & within the speed limit, who just happened to go to the same store I did. Then for the next 5 mins got all sorts of "he's in a hurry" type comments

I just think that the lemmings out there just don't like to be overtaken...
Old 05 July 2004, 09:15 AM
hybwrx2002
Scooby Regular

"i come to an uphill section with a crossroads. a lady in rover pulls out... "

Stop there, you can near enough predict the rest. In most cases (don't flame me, MOST cases) any old driver / snotty woman in a Rover/Merc/Volvo is going to be a hazard on the road and cause greif. I guess you didn't realise that they own the road?
Old 05 July 2004, 09:15 AM
Rasher
Scooby Regular

she had obviously been sniffing the Mr Muscle again
Old 05 July 2004, 09:25 AM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hybwrx2002
Stop there, you can near enough predict the rest.
i half expected her to pull out which is why i made the point that she had caused me to slow down by driving right up behind her. it was at this point the hazards and the hand gestures started. i was not too close - but closer than i would normally follow a car that is doing 35. there is a short section (250 yards) of straight road before the brow of the hill meant i could have just dropped into fourth and veered around her but i felt their was no point as i was only a couple of miles from work and was early. it was just her aggressive attitude to me, lights and hand waving, that made me think "f you - you are the silly cow who pulled out in front of me!"
Old 05 July 2004, 09:48 AM
LiamWR1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jjones
i half expected her to pull out which is why i made the point that she had caused me to slow down by driving right up behind her. it was at this point the hazards and the hand gestures started. i was not too close - but closer than i would normally follow a car that is doing 35. there is a short section (250 yards) of straight road before the brow of the hill meant i could have just dropped into fourth and veered around her but i felt their was no point as i was only a couple of miles from work and was early. it was just her aggressive attitude to me, lights and hand waving, that made me think "f you - you are the silly cow who pulled out in front of me!"
With all the hand waving it kinda makes you wonder if she was in full control of her vehicle? and was she justified in activating her hazards? makes me think she was driving without due care & attention
Old 05 July 2004, 10:16 AM
barrybudden
Scooby Regular

Yep been there only we were in a landrover, bloke sitting on a minor road waits for a couple of cars to pass then a landrover, then decides to pull out in front of us in another landrover. He was not amused when we nearly rote him off and then over took him. He even followed us about 6 miles to let us know. He did get upset when the driver said and I have 4 people in here who saw your bad driveing, etc.

Some people think the world owes them a liveing.
Old 05 July 2004, 10:18 AM
pmarch
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nom
Driving correctly provokes agression, whatever car you're in .

I try to put it down to people taking out the agression towards themselves for doing something stupid on someone other than themselves, but I think, on reflection, that they simply haven't the first clue what they're doing, but obviously they're right, so it must be someone else's fault.
Yes; spot on. I try to keep to 30 speed limit in built up areas, but everyone else always wants you (and expects a Subaru) to go faster - get all sorts of hassle and tailgating. Just try to keep well out if the way of everyone else and the car ahead but enjoy the car when I have a clear road.
Old 05 July 2004, 10:40 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Wink

she follows me the remaining 2 miles to work and pulls into the car park and starts saying i was doing at least 75 (lies)
She must have been matching your speed to keep up with you.

My husbands a policeman, how very sad to come out with that. You should have said your husband was a [policeman as well
Old 05 July 2004, 11:08 AM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
She must have been matching your speed to keep up with you.[policeman as well
you see she accused me of doing 75mph but i was no where near that speed! she mentioned how she had lived in the area for 20 years and if I had any idea of the number of accidents at that junction! if i had been a bit more quick witted on a monday morning i could have pointed out that most of them were probably caused by dozy drivers pulling out of the B side road in front of people. having driven the road for the past 5 years i know that you get people pull out of that junction in front of you and as such was keeping a close eye on her.

i had thought nothing of overtaking her and blasting the horn. i then continued my 65mph cruise to work. if the police do turn up - which i guess is pretty unlikely - i will take the following line:

a) i was NOT speeding and was doing 60mph.
b) she pulled out in front of me causing me to brake. i did not have to emergeny brake, evidence there are no skid marks. i did however, have to reduce my road speed from 60mph to 30mph to accomodate her pulling out in front of me. she has broken highway code by forcing me to slow down when joining a main road from a side road.
c) she flashed her hazards whilst making hand signals by the rear view mirror for approximately 5 seconds. both of these actions are presumably illegal.
d) she followed me to my place of work. now if i had been driving like a **** i could have quite easilty left her for dead in the two miles from "incident" to my place of work.
e) i was polite to her at all times and only pointed out the facts.
f) she threated me with "trouble" as her husband is a policeman
g) by flashing her hazards, hand gestures and following me to make a confrontation she was inciting road rage and as such was breaking the law.
Old 05 July 2004, 11:21 AM
MadMark
Scooby Regular

Another old bag who can't drive .... had this twice yesterday

Policeman? Who gives a **** ..... they still have to (mostly) obey the law!
Old 05 July 2004, 12:07 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

Talking

She sounds like a real misery, who shouldnt be out on her own! HOWEVER one cars length at 30 mph is just too close, so in a way its not surprising she got annoyed, that close is often seen as aggresive driving. Check out the highway code for stopping distances, at 30 the thinking distance is way past one cars length. I'm sure you felt that you were safe and being a Scooby driver you must have reactions faster than the norm.
But if some one was 10 to 15 feet behind at 30 would you be a bit annoyed? I would.
I dont deny she shouldnt have pulled out in front of you and then driven like a muppet, but dont tail gate...........

Last edited by r32; 05 July 2004 at 12:10 PM.
Old 05 July 2004, 12:10 PM
talizman
Scooby Regular

Making idle threats about her husband being a policeman are sad man!

If my wife came home to me, bleating about what she deemed dangerous or unacceptable, and expecting me to abuse my position for her benefit, she'd be extremely dissappointed to find that I'd be telling her to grow up!

Next time someone says the "my husband is a policeman" **** to you, simply reply,
"I probably know him, cos I'm a cop too. Bring it on!"

That'll shut her up!
Old 05 July 2004, 12:11 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

Tell her well my Brothers the Chief Constable, so he probably knows him ........
Old 05 July 2004, 12:13 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

i could have avoided getting that close to her. there was still a cars length between us, i let myself get this close to maximise the breaking distance i had available to me and also to show my displeasure at here having pulled out in front of me. i did not flash lights or honk horn at this point. as i backed off she did the hazards/hands things. by that point i was about 3 car lengths behind.

the way she was banging on about i was going too fast and that she had lived their for 20 years etc makes me think she pulled out infront of me deliberatly in some form of retarded "lesson".
Old 05 July 2004, 12:15 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

i could have avoided getting that close to her. there was still a cars length between us, i let myself get this close to maximise the breaking distance i had available to me and also to show my displeasure at here having pulled out in front of me. i did not flash lights or honk horn at this point. as i backed off she did the hazards/hands things. by that point i was about 3 car lengths behind.

the way she was banging on about i was going too fast and that she had lived their for 20 years etc makes me think she pulled out infront of me deliberatly in some form of retarded "lesson".

Bet she didnt even look M8, I dont know how something as big as a car can be invisible, but some times its the only explanation....
Old 05 July 2004, 12:16 PM
LiamWR1
Scooby Regular

you see she accused me of doing 75mph but i was no where near that speed! she mentioned how she had lived in the area for 20 years and if I had any idea of the number of accidents at that junction! if i had been a bit more quick witted on a monday morning i could have pointed out that most of them were probably caused by dozy drivers pulling out of the B side road in front of people. having driven the road for the past 5 years i know that you get people pull out of that junction in front of you and as such was keeping a close eye on her.

i had thought nothing of overtaking her and blasting the horn. i then continued my 65mph cruise to work. if the police do turn up - which i guess is pretty unlikely - i will take the following line:

a) i was NOT speeding and was doing 60mph.
b) she pulled out in front of me causing me to brake. i did not have to emergeny brake, evidence there are no skid marks. i did however, have to reduce my road speed from 60mph to 30mph to accomodate her pulling out in front of me. she has broken highway code by forcing me to slow down when joining a main road from a side road.
c) she flashed her hazards whilst making hand signals by the rear view mirror for approximately 5 seconds. both of these actions are presumably illegal.
d) she followed me to my place of work. now if i had been driving like a **** i could have quite easilty left her for dead in the two miles from "incident" to my place of work.
e) i was polite to her at all times and only pointed out the facts.
f) she threated me with "trouble" as her husband is a policeman
g) by flashing her hazards, hand gestures and following me to make a confrontation she was inciting road rage and as such was breaking the law.
Don't forget the fact that oncoming traffic was also braking due to the fact she had activated her hazards etc.... causing a nuisance to other motorists...
Old 05 July 2004, 02:59 PM
SUBTYPER
Scooby Senior

Its quality aint it. These mature or even middle aged drivers can cause a hazard aswell as what young drivers. Its a shame that a young driver will probably forget the incident in a few miles where as a mature driver feels its important to follow you forever and let you know by actually coming up to the vehicle and speaking to you. (Silly Woman). Cause as you say you were early for work You could of taken her on a 20 mile round trip back to the junction and that would of really annoyed her. LOL

When she mentioned her husband was a police officer you should of asked for his name and then reported him for havng a woman with ***** and no brains. Or even better still got her numebr plate and reported her for dangerous driving and threatening behaviour. Would be funny if her husband was a copper as police officers family`s have an effect on the police officers Job I think.

When she mentioned you got a bit close. Should say thankgod I didnt get closer by the way you pulled out on me. And then laugh I actually thought about putting my radiator against the back of your blue rinse.

One thing I would say is now she knows where you work watch out she might go and key your motor for her mistake.
Old 05 July 2004, 03:15 PM
my94
Scooby Regular

I would have told her to "**** off "in no uncertain terms.
Old 05 July 2004, 03:25 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Angry

And this is yet another of those "careful women drivers" who can have cheaper insurance than the rest of us, as they are female!

Alcazar
Old 05 July 2004, 03:42 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rasher
she had obviously been sniffing the Mr Muscle again

Good stuff aint it
Old 05 July 2004, 04:13 PM
Cornishblue
Scooby Regular

Wink

This morning poodling to work, 17 mile a road journey done at 60 everyday (well 65 on the speedo). i have a clean licence and intend keeping it that way.

i come to an uphill section with a crossroads. a lady in rover pulls out when i am closer than she should have done. so i then had to slow down so i used the hill in my favour and slowed to her speed, about 30mh, and was a car length behind. it was no braking drama but i used all of the gap between us to slow. she took great exception to this fact and put her hazards on whilst waving her hand about. we reach the brow of the hill doing about 45mph and i over take her when the car and bike going the other way clear. so i give her a blast of the horn for her troubles. i reach 65 (on the clock) and carry on my merry way.

she follows me the remaining 2 miles to work and pulls into the car park and starts saying i was doing at least 75 (lies) at this point she was leaning on my car window - so i politely asked to her to stop leaning on the car, twice because she ignored me the first time. she then said how she noticed i had to brake for the 40 zone (!!! don't we all?). when i said to her you have to brake from 60 to enter a 40 she looked at me like i was an alien! she then accused me of "macho behaiviour" and driving too fast. i pointed out that she should have given way to me an the highway code states that you must not cause vehicles on the main carriage way to slow when entering the carriageway.

then she uttered the immortal "my husband is a policeman". i actually laughed at this point. so she took my number plate and left.

does the car provoke these sorts of reactions in middle aged women? i wouldn't have minded IF if were speeding and driving like a prat - but i wasn't.
I Wold have told her to shut up Or you'll get some. Silly tart
Old 05 July 2004, 04:38 PM
scooby66
Scooby Regular

Before saying "CARM DOWN DEAR ITS ONLY A SUBARU" hand her a note in brial of the nearest specs savers !!!!! By the way i guess it was a three bagger!!! lol
Driving without progress also!!!
Old 05 July 2004, 08:39 PM
NicoRossi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby66
Before saying "CARM DOWN DEAR ITS ONLY A SUBARU"
Hahaha
Old 05 July 2004, 08:57 PM
scoobess
Scooby Regular

These nutters should be banned !!

They assume they are safe because they have looked so many times, sat there when its clear & then waited to pull out when they are sure someone is close enough to slow down !! I have noticed this seems to be ONE of the main crap traits of women drivers, loads of them do it, I think it's their indecisive gene...they have spent so long deciding if its safe that by the time they actually pull out its NOT. & to add insult to injury they cant even be arsed to speed up to 30, 40, 60 etc, they just dawdle along looking to check that their hair still on their feckin head, & their lips havent dropped off after all the lipstick they've applied just before they pulled out on you

Oh yeh & by the way we 'are dangerous' holy crap...BAN THE BIDDIES

PS ladies please dont take offence this is a joke, I am a woman therefore I know all women drivers are not the same Thank you x
Old 05 July 2004, 10:01 PM
ben44
Scooby Regular

I had a old girl jump infront of my car the other day. Apparently I was speeding in a 30 (might have hit 33!) I stopped,I had to she was in the way, asked what the problem was. To which she replied "you lot think you can drive round here at whatever speed you like, well I'm going to put a stop to it, I've got your number" I pointed out that her dog was sh!ting on someones front lawn and perhaps I might report her. Strangely enough she moved out the way
Old 05 July 2004, 10:31 PM
DanTheMan
Scooby Regular

My other half had an old biddy pull out in front of her at a crossroads - BANG she T boned her which was not a pretty sight.

So the old biddy starts accusing my other half of speeding and says that she lives about 100 yards away and has seen loads of accidents at the junction....

So I asked her "if you thought my other half was speeding - WHY did you pull out in front of her ?" and then she finally admitted not looking properly.
Old 05 July 2004, 11:46 PM
Echo
Scooby Regular

The one that gets me is where something pulls in to the carriageway and can see that the driver that you're about to pass will have to slam their brakes on not to hit it - you slow and flash them out but after a few flashes you realise it's a woman, waste of time trying to help.....
Old 06 July 2004, 03:58 AM
IwantAscoob
Scooby Regular

maybe living in an area as **** as tottenham has its advantages , as no woman would ever get out of the car to confront you from fear of being shot.

gotta love norf london.

Quick Reply: Supid Cow