Sponsored by:

Purchasing advice required

Search this Thread

Old 01 July 2004, 01:23 PM
WRXSTI Colin
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Purchasing advice required

First post and congratulations on a great forum.
Having decided to purchase my first Scoobie I'm picking the brains of the forum for some sound advice.
I will be purchasing a WRX STI and have a budget of £24k. Rather than buying brand new I would like to pick up an ex demo with very few miles on the clock. My theory being that the VAT would be wiped out if already registered. First question, are Subaru dealers in general prepared to offer a good cash deal. Secondly is the PPP a) worth having and does it make a noticeable difference and b) does it invalidate the warranty.
In general what are Subaru dealers like to deal with prior to and after sale? Difficult question, but are there any dealers that can be highly recommended?
Last two questions. Having broused the forums for a while is the issue of 'bounce' from the suspension still relevant to later models? and when was the 04 model introduced?
Thanks in anticipation
Old 01 July 2004, 01:32 PM
WR1 Bro
Scooby Regular

Ex Demo - Not my cup of tea. I know how I drive demos!

PPP - I agree that it is well worth it as it is fine with regard the warranty

I have found Showells (W Mids) pre and after to be excellent and far cheaper than many other dealers
Old 01 July 2004, 03:18 PM
jaycee
Scooby Regular

You can get a brand new one for £23.5k. An ex-demo would probably be about the same price, go for the brand new one.

Jason
Old 01 July 2004, 03:35 PM
DBY
Scooby Regular

Smile

Ex demo no way!! the one I had for an afternoon had only 180 miles on it and i asked the question about ragging the **** off it and he said no worry's, so I did. When I sat at the salesmans desk got chatting to another lad who was also ordering a new one, he had taken out the same car the day before with 94 miles on the clock, and in his was own words he had "thrashed the bollocks of it" So you could end up with a one owner but 50 or so people have driven it before you motor if your not carefull. As always it's pays your money and makes your choice decision. With the potential of the 05 face lift model coming out later in the year you should be able to pick up an 04 for £23500 brand new if your prepared to haggle. Good Luck!

Regards

John
Old 01 July 2004, 05:49 PM
WRXSTI Colin
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for your responses. Thats why a forum like this is invaluable. Does appear that there is very little difference in price between new and nearly new. I dont know what the waiting list is on a new one? and with the imminent arrival of the MY05 model it may be worth the wait.
Old 01 July 2004, 09:51 PM
chris's scooby
Scooby Regular

Don't touch a demo car, as everyone else has said they are driven very very hard too soon in their lives. U have to run a new car in for the 1st 1000 miles, keeping the revs under 4000.

The MY05 is due in September. My dealer told me i could have a brand new STi in 3 weeks from the date of order.

U should get one for 23.5k although that figure may drop for the MY04 shortly before the release of the new model, if there r some of the old model to off load.

Hope that helps,

Chris