Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Prodrive Legacy

Search this Thread

Old 05 July 2000, 04:54 PM
jeremy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The new Legacy unquestionably has a great chassis. Most press has indicated that the B4 variant is still too soft. Why as of yet has no aftermarket shop so much as even touched it?

The logic should go like this...if the BMW M5 (all generations) were/are so good at their weight/size, then it will be no problem to turn the Legacy (a car of similiar size and ridigity)into one of the greatest mid-size grand touring cars of all time.

Cannot some SIDC member buy a B4 and have it scoobysported or prodrived? Lets find out actually how good this car of great potential can become.

PS- I might take this project on myself, however- can anyone tell me if the US spec Legacy differs in the chassis dept. from euro/jap spec? (specifically in its 4WD system)
Thanks.
Old 05 July 2000, 06:29 PM
pnebbs
Scooby Regular

Red face

Hey! Some of us already have modified Legacies, my GT-B has shown it is quite capable of at least keeping up with Imprezas on some of the drives I've been on!

There is a lack of performance mods for the Legacy in the UK (but the turbos are only available as imports) but an awful lot of the parts are shared with the Impreza (although the latest Legacy has different rear suspension) - But I have coverted mine to coilovers on the original Bilstein struts and it handles superbly

The US version has a similar awd system for the manual but the auto is different, suspension is similar(but no bilstein struts) and of course only Japan gets turbos

Paul
Old 06 July 2000, 09:16 AM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Wink

Having been in front of Mr Nebbs' car on Sunday, I can vouch for the performance of the Legacy .

BTW Paul, nice website - that is a serious car you have.

Chris