Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is Scoobysport nearing a Launch yet?

Search this Thread

Old 02 June 2004, 11:15 AM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Is Scoobysport nearing a Launch yet?

I know you can buy the exhausts but was just wondering when everything is going to be revealed

Simon?
Old 02 June 2004, 11:53 AM
Old_Fart
Scooby Regular

Full details will be available on the Scoobynet CD when released Phil.
C
Old 02 June 2004, 12:06 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Ouch
Old 02 June 2004, 12:18 PM
Old_Fart
Scooby Regular

Yeah, I'm a bitch LOL
Saw you on the A127 just past Rayleigh on Saturday...you completely blanked me and my pimped-up (well it's got floormats) Forester Nicki thought the white car was groovy
C
Old 02 June 2004, 12:20 PM
Richard Askew
Scooby Regular

Full details will be available on the Scoobynet CD when released Phil.

ROFLMAO!

Funniest post of the year so far Chuckster
Old 02 June 2004, 12:23 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Sorry Mate didn't mean too

I would have waved at Nikki at the very least
Old 02 June 2004, 12:26 PM
ScoobySport (SdB)
Scooby Regular

Funniest post of the year so far Chuckster
You're easy pleased mate

Thanks for the interest Phil.

There are a few loose ends to tie up, and they want to make sure everything is completely clear prior to launch. It's starting to frustrate me a little I must say, but it's a great package, so I'm sure the small delay won't bother people once it's going.

The first batch of equipment will not be ready for a few weeks anyway and they have deliberately not started taking orders for exhuasts just yet (although I hear that is iminent).

We've agreed to do a large promotional launch discount on scoobynet once it launches, so you shouldn't miss it

All the best

Simon

Trending Topics

Old 02 June 2004, 12:28 PM
TonyFlow
Scooby Regular

whens the dccd reprogramme on its way? What (ball-park) figure are we talking? Need any test cars?
Old 02 June 2004, 12:28 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Thanks for the update Simon
Old 02 June 2004, 12:59 PM
ScoobySport (SdB)
Scooby Regular

Phil

You're welcome.

Tony..

I too am excited about this one. In fact - apart from chassis / suspension equipment, it is the most exciting for me personally.

The work has been underway for the last 6 months or so. We have prototypes which are being tested, but the software is very simple currently. The main testing is purely to see how the diffs deal with it over time.

Approx cost. I will get shot for even discussing this, as it really is difficult to say currently, but.. if everything goes according to current plans, I reckon you'll be talking around £900 - £1100 for the equipment fitted, and we'll be running special test days for those who have bought it to have it set up and tuned for you by ex / current WRC engineers with direct experience of working on diff maps for people such as tommi, juha, colin, etc, etc. It's really quite exciting.

The great thing about this system however, that makes it more impressive for the spirited driver is that it will allow many different maps (in-fact, potentially limitless numbers of maps). Eg..

As standard it will have a "easy on the diff, but comes in when you really need it" kind of map, and a "spritied driving" style map, plus a completely custom map which can be tuned for you by an engineer.

Then on top of that, we will be working with top drivers and developing further maps / map sets which can be inserted into the face of the unit as a card to upload further maps, such as "Donington, Wet Weather", "Brands, Reduced Tyre Wear", "Reduced Lift-off oversteer", "Increased Power Oversteer", etc, etc.. the options are limitless.

Do we need test cars? Well, my poor old car is the main development mule so it's the one getting all the abuse on the development of this system.. but you can tell she loves it!! My car is a MY98 type R, so if you have a different year and would like to get involved, let me know. I don't think I would feel comfortable about offering your car to the team until we were quite a bit further down the road as (at this stage) they really do give them a bit of a beating.. but later definitely.

When should it be released? One of my failings is getting too excited and talking about things to soon, so I'd rather not commit or even suggest a timescale currently. But... you will start seeing timescales and development insights (storyboards, etc) soon.

It's really good fun working with these guys, and whilst I know it's frustrating from my point of view, I can also understand that there are many people who are gagging for information, etc. So I'm pushing all the time to make that happen.

All the best

Simon
Old 02 June 2004, 01:04 PM
TonyFlow
Scooby Regular

I have a STi 5 Type R ltd - so if you need one of these for testing put my name down, and let me know as and when!!!!

Think i'm gonna start saving now, sounds fantastic - hopefully will have the readies by the time this is ready!

Last edited by TonyFlow; 02 June 2004 at 01:32 PM.
Old 02 June 2004, 01:26 PM
Richard Askew
Scooby Regular

You're easy pleased mate
..you know it big boy!!
Old 02 June 2004, 01:47 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

has it been 6 months scince scoobysport closed ??
Old 02 June 2004, 01:54 PM
Old_Fart
Scooby Regular

I'm looking for suspension mods for my 22 Simon, so interested in looking at whatever comes out of Scoobysport2
C
Old 02 June 2004, 01:58 PM
hawkeye
Scooby Regular

do you have any plans for equipment for the MY02 sti ?

if so what in broad terms
Old 03 June 2004, 08:57 AM
ScoobySport (SdB)
Scooby Regular

has it been 6 months scince scoobysport closed ??
No, it's been just over a month I think. The use of the name "scoobysport" is only a recent thing for this venture.

--

TonyFlow

Thank you

C

hawkeye

Yes, we're developing a number of things for the MY02, in-fact most (if not all) years / models (of impreza) will have a good range of genuine performance products.

Unfortunatley I'm silenced on the entire range currently but expect equipment such as suspension, chassis upgrades, intercoolers, induction, electronics (data logging, telemetry, etc), active diff / chassis ecu, etc, etc.

The main thing though is that ALL equipment is designed and developed for true and genuine performance enhancement by engineers who have the credentials to prove they really do know what they're doing - at the very top level. So you won't see the standard "bolt on shiney bits", etc. The equipment obviously won't be cheap, but it won't be silly prices either. These guys have long standing strong relationships with the fabricators that make equipment for world rally cars and top race cars, so are geared up to produce this kind of kit at a reasonable cost, especially for volume.

I can't wait!!

All the best

Simon
Old 03 June 2004, 09:09 AM
TonyFlow
Scooby Regular

Simon, if my motor can be a test bed for the kit, then Thank you!!