Sponsored by:

Rear speaker cover and front grill removal

Search this Thread

Old 24 May 2004, 06:27 PM
scoob turbo
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear speaker cover and front grill removal

Hi, this may sound stupid, but just wondering if anyone out there nows how to remove the rear speakers cover on my year 2000 impreza turbo so that i can fit some 6x9 JBL speakers, i have tried to prise them out using my fingers but they don't want to move and i don't want to risk damaging anythin.

Also does anyone no how to remove the front grill, looks like it pulls out but don't want to risk damaging anything again.

Cheers in advance for any help.

Last edited by scoob turbo; 24 May 2004 at 07:37 PM.
Old 24 May 2004, 06:28 PM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

Which model?
Old 24 May 2004, 06:30 PM
scoob turbo
Scooby Newbie

Hi its a uk turbo year 2000 saloon.
Originally Posted by Chelspeed
Which model?
Old 24 May 2004, 07:39 PM
scoob turbo
Scooby Newbie

Anybody out there got any ideas.
Old 24 May 2004, 07:50 PM
BigRed
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

You have to remove the rear shelf to remove the speakers, very awkward job, i've done it myself.
First remove the plastic trims around the rear window, they take a bit of shifting and some clips may break(get some before doing the job), then you can remove the rear shelf, if your lucky and it's not stuck solid with the gloop that they bond the rear window in with.The plastic grills screw on from under the shelf. After that your in , remove the OEM speakers and fit your speakers in there place, replace shelf and trims as you removed them.
This was on my MY00 classic, so don't know if it's any different on a bug-eye. I only remove the speakers as my sub killed them, ripping the cones to shreds, the sub can now breathe into the cabin space.

Also have a look at www.chiark.co.uk for more details, or have a look at the post in the ICE section 6x9's in the rear shelf of my classic.

Last edited by BigRed; 24 May 2004 at 08:00 PM.
Old 24 May 2004, 08:02 PM
scoob turbo
Scooby Newbie

Cheers for your help was going to do it tonight but think it best to leave it till weekend now.

Originally Posted by BigRed
You have to remove the rear shelf to remove the speakers, very awkward job, i've done it myself.
First remove the plastic trims around the rear window, they take a bit of shifting and some clips may break(get some before doing the job), then you can remove the rear shelf, if your lucky and it's not stuck solid with the gloop that they bond the rear window in with.The plastic grills screw on from under the shelf. After that your in , remove the OEM speakers and fit your speakers in there place, replace shelf and trims as you removed them.
This was on my MY00 classic, so don't know if it's any different on a bug-eye. I only remove the speakers as my sub killed them, ripping the cones to shreds, the sub can now breathe into the cabin space.

Also have a look at www.chiark.co.uk for more details, or have a look at the post in the ICE section 6x9's in the rear shelf of my classic.
Old 24 May 2004, 11:23 PM
JamieMiller
Scooby Regular

Front grill, easy, just open the bonnet, there is two small holes at each side on the top, just place a small screwdriver into the holes and push the clips in. The grill should pop out easily without being forced.