ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Views on Insurance repair centre in Liphook

Search this Thread

Old 19 May 2004, 09:01 AM
prodriva
Scooby Regular

Location: "Every one should have a friend called Dave - they're the human equivalent of a Swiss Army knife!!"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Views on Insurance repair centre in Liphook

Just been speaking to a colleague who had his 1999 Impreza Sport reversed into last night. He's just spoken to his insurance company and they are suggesting a garage in Liphook called Liphook Coachworks. Have any of you had any dealings with this place and more importantly do they do a good job.

Thanks for any help.
Old 19 May 2004, 09:08 AM
fergie_uk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by prodriva
Just been speaking to a colleague who had his 1999 Impreza Sport reversed into last night. He's just spoken to his insurance company and they are suggesting a garage in Liphook called Liphook Coachworks. Have any of you had any dealings with this place and more importantly do they do a good job.

Thanks for any help.
This does not answer your question but i have my boot & spoiler recked by vandals a few weeks ago on my 1 week old STI Type UK the body shop i went to was AD Williams in Emsworth they did a cracking job as they've done in the past with other cars ive had.

Remember you can take you car to where YOU!! want.

Regards
Fergie
Old 19 May 2004, 09:21 AM
prodriva
Scooby Regular

Location: "Every one should have a friend called Dave - they're the human equivalent of a Swiss Army knife!!"

I did suggest to him that he can take it to a garage of his choice but I've not done this personally so dont know the ins and outs of this process. How does this work with regards to obtaining a courtesy car. I know most of these repair centres get hire cars as and when and my colleague does need a courtesy car whilst the repairs are being done. The other thing he has been told is that the car will be collected on a low-loader so from just a convenience point of view this is a positive side to what his insurance company are proposing.

My colleague lives near Aldershot and works in Woking. Can any of you local guys recommend any good repair centres in the area???
Old 19 May 2004, 10:40 AM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

Cosham bodyshop in portsmouth have a great reputation.
as do chipbusters in the same area.
Old 19 May 2004, 11:04 AM
SteveV-WRX
Scooby Regular

Prodriva,

quiet scarily i live in alton and work in Woking so similar to your friend.

When i stuck my MR2 turbo into a ditch, it got taken into Mill Lane Engineers/ coachworks, which are part of the Renault dealership near the A331 as you go into aldershot.

The service I got from them was actually very good and they are an insurance approved bodyshop for loads of the big insurance companies, e.g. norwich union, tesco's etc. although my car was written off they were very helpfull about it all.

any probs or advice needed give me a shout on steveveevers@hotmail.com

Steve
Old 19 May 2004, 11:31 AM
Del T
Scooby Regular

Prodriva,

You sure you didn't reverse into him in the car park given your record!
Old 19 May 2004, 11:44 AM
prodriva
Scooby Regular

Del T

Might have known you'd be lurking about on here . Get on with some work . As for your comment, pot........kettle.....etc. I seem to recall you posting on here about a replacement rear bumper and a few other bits for your classic wagon not so long ago. Cor blimey, the cheek of it
Old 19 May 2004, 11:55 AM
Del T
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by prodriva
Del T

Might have known you'd be lurking about on here . Get on with some work . As for your comment, pot........kettle.....etc. I seem to recall you posting on here about a replacement rear bumper and a few other bits for your classic wagon not so long ago. Cor blimey, the cheek of it
The new bumper was for a cosmetic adjustment only!
Old 19 May 2004, 12:07 PM
prodriva
Scooby Regular

Ahhh, I see. But surely you could have thought of something else instead of picking on that poor defensless steel post that you 'didnt see'