Sponsored by:

Attn All WR1 owners who have their car

Search this Thread

Old 18 May 2004, 12:19 PM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Attn All WR1 owners who have their car

I would really appreciate it if any WR1 owner who has actually received their car would post up on here or PM me the date that they ordered their WR1 and then the date that they actually received it.

I am awaiting delivery on mine and have been since early January ... I think I am now being messed around so want to get some sort of idea of where I stand.

I will treat any information given in the stictest confidence.

Cheers for any help people give me with this request.

Rob
(Gangsta Smurf)
Old 18 May 2004, 12:29 PM
P1_BEN
Scooby Regular

Hi Gangsta, Can i ask how far through you are...?? ie have you paid any money, got the pack through, been given your number...

If it helps...

Deposit 19th Jan of £500,
Paid for last monday, pack through saturday.
Allocateed no 249

Good luck

Last edited by P1_BEN; 18 May 2004 at 12:33 PM. Reason: To add number
Old 18 May 2004, 12:32 PM
Clive the Brave
Scooby Regular

Deposit paid beginning of March, £500.
Picked the car up on the 30th April.
Number 97

Clive
Old 18 May 2004, 01:24 PM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

Ben ... ordered mine on Jan14th, Insured as of three weeks ago. I received my pack on Saturday and was allocated number 156. Still have no information on where my car is though - nobody will give me a straight answer!

Seeing people order their car in March and then receive in April just infuriates me so much ... no offence to you there Clive - I think it's good that you have the car ... it just is annoying to see people get something before me who ordered after me, if you know what I mean!

Cheers for the info guys on your dates guys, much appreciated.
Old 18 May 2004, 01:28 PM
tuscan57
Scooby Regular

Angry

cant believe you still havent got it yet gangsta was hoping to see it this week! hopefully soon tho!

steve
Old 18 May 2004, 01:43 PM
Kdp
Scooby Newbie

Tried to order one when the photos first appeard but missed out. Bumped into a cancelled order on the 24th April put my deposit down there and then.

Order form completed and copy of driving licence faxed to the suppliing dealer on the 26th.

Insurance dropped off on the 29th car reg'd 1st May. Spoke to IM on the monday 3rd May to see exacly what the position was, was told they would be a week before converting May's batch.

Car at dealer last thursady 13th May after IM telling me it would be there last friday so early arrived a day early. Confirmed I will take delivery tomorow evening.

Total time from deposit to pick up all being well, three and a half weeks!!
Old 18 May 2004, 01:46 PM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

Cheers for your info kdp ... glad you managed to get one in the end!
Old 18 May 2004, 01:49 PM
wr1_mark
Scooby Newbie

Orded 13th Jan collected 1st May, it's well worth the wait.
Old 18 May 2004, 02:58 PM
P1_BEN
Scooby Regular

Gangsta

I know how you feel... Although just bought a new house so any delays from a financial point of view were very welcome. Although once I had to pay insurance and for the car I made it quite clear i accept there is a delay of 2 weeks. Anymore than this and I will be none too pleased. They actually have 2 and a half weeks as i'm away during the week so can only collect at weekends.

I will certainly kick up a fuss if I have to be paying insurance for a car I can't drive..!!!
Old 18 May 2004, 03:11 PM
achad
Scooby Regular

My car arrived to day How long on average does it take the dealer to do all the checks on the car and dot all the i's on the paperwork?
Old 18 May 2004, 04:21 PM
Clive the Brave
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by achad
My car arrived to day How long on average does it take the dealer to do all the checks on the car and dot all the i's on the paperwork?
when my car arrived it was at 11am, I picked my car up at 4:30.
Mind you I am in the good books with the dealer, known them for some years now, so I guess it's down to the dealer if they push it for you.

hope you enjoy as much as the rest of us out there in WR1 land

Clive
Old 18 May 2004, 09:38 PM
achad
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by Clive the Brave
when my car arrived it was at 11am, I picked my car up at 4:30.
Mind you I am in the good books with the dealer, known them for some years now, so I guess it's down to the dealer if they push it for you.

hope you enjoy as much as the rest of us out there in WR1 land

Clive
Cheers Clive,

They initially said 'how about friday sir?' Thus why I asked the question. There now getting her ready for after 1 tomorrow
I can understand why they would like the car sit in the show room for a couple of days though. Its just that I'd prefer it didn't
Old 18 May 2004, 09:42 PM
achad
Scooby Regular

Gangsta Smurf

I ordered my WR1 on or around the 20th of Jan with a deposit and then traded my MY98 in on the Feb 1st. It was taxed 2 weeks today. She arrived today and I pick her up 2morrow.

I hope you get yours soon m8

p.s. Allocated No 56
Old 18 May 2004, 09:54 PM
njkmr
Scooby Regular

Gangsta,ordered mine in April with one dealer,but only on reserve list.Another dealer contacted me to ask if i still wanted one.He had a spare one due to cancelled order,took him up on this on 26 th April,and cancelled previous order with other dealer who didnt mind because he couldnt guarantee me a car.
Was told to expect car late May.Phoned up on Mon asked dealer if any news.No not yet,still looking at july/august he said."you told me end of May"i replied.Well we dont know yet he replied.Phoned International Motors today told car was allocated today ,should be 2-3 weeks from now.Phoned dealer back,ah yes allocated today 2-3 weeks if you insure it this week so we can tax it /performance pack etc.
Total shambles in my opinion,just as it was five years ago when going thru similar with order for rb5.Not dealers fault I suppose but you would think IM would sort out a better system,in fact a system would be nice.!
I am sure it will be worth the wait but what a feckin fiasco!!!!!!!!
Good luck with yours,try IM direct on this number to try and get an answer 01215572112.They will probably tell you to phone your dealer but tell them you have not had a satisfactory answer from them.
Let us know how you get on.

P.S You didnt get this from me.I dont want my car to be withheld for giving them grief!!!!!!!!Ahem!!Goodluck.
Old 18 May 2004, 10:08 PM
gridgway
Scooby Regular

a bit off the thread topic [sorry], but why do you have to insure the WR1 so long before picking it up? Just curious!
Graham
Old 18 May 2004, 10:18 PM
njkmr
Scooby Regular

so they can tax it/register it as standard car,before then putting on performance mods ,to get around type approval laws.basically.
Old 18 May 2004, 10:36 PM
gmj_wr1
Scooby Newbie

I put deposit down 11 jan,first on dealers list,picked up car no 58 on 12 may about 3 weeks after sending insurance docs.Stick it out mate it will be worth the wait.
Old 18 May 2004, 10:59 PM
SIBBO
Scooby Regular

I put down a deposit late jan and pick the car up yesterday well worth all the pissing around, all I can say is you need to be a pain at the end of the day you are spending 30k.It seems to me that the dealers are not sure when the cars are coming. I always thought estate agents were bad and full of **** but car dealers are close behind if not on par,whoops i had better stop before i say what i really think.

happy motoring all the best Tim
Old 19 May 2004, 02:19 AM
sumo
Scooby Regular

Smile

Ordered and paid deposit 20th feb, insured 2 weeks ago, received roadside assistance card last friday, picking up car on saturday but so far have seen no tax disc holder or number , so a bit of a mystery. now getting very excited !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 19 May 2004, 09:07 AM
Flat Four Impreza Club
Scooby Regular

Should have gone for the beemer Rob
Hope it all turns out in the end.
Old 19 May 2004, 09:08 AM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

Cheers for all the dates guys ... great help for me guaging whether I'm being taken for a dumb onion, which it looks like I am!
Old 19 May 2004, 10:31 AM
WR1
Scooby Regular

Ordered mine 15th January, paid £1000 deposit. Dealer got cover note from me ten days ago now and since then I have had the tax disc holder and key ring and registration document through the post. Dealer reckons I should have the car either end of this week or next week.

Dealer's been okay to be honest but I have not been hassling him. They've rung me each time to ask for stuff as needed and did say that they've seen the comments on Scoobynet so warned me there could be a delay! Nearly there now though.

However, had I already sold my Classic I would probably be a little more impatient to the get the car...

Got allocated number 65 by the way.

Also, I haven't paid for the car as yet. Have agreed finance rate and trade in but dealer said pay for car once I've seen it. Got 5% on finance and decent trade in so not bad after all. Was worried they would rip me off as nothing to bargain with.
Old 19 May 2004, 10:41 AM
LiamWR1
Scooby Regular

Ordered mine early March with a grand deposit also, told I was 4th on their list and to expect something mid/late may. As time marched on I was advised that the original delivery schedule may slip to early June, but to be honest my dealer has been pretty good and kept me quite up to speed on things.

Then on the morning of the 17th May he called me to say that the person who ordered the 3rd car isn't quite ready for it (financially I suppose) and was I interested? Well that was a no-brainer so I called my insurance company that morning, arranged a cover note (which will arrive 2 - 5 days) and I've been told to expect delivery 14 days(ish) after I had it to my dealer.

So its getting nearer all the time... but again it hasn't been that long to wait as my other car (crossfire) was on order for 11 months, and arrived 2 months later than expected which I officially lost a feckin shedload on trading it in against the WR1 but I think it will be worth it
Old 19 May 2004, 12:46 PM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

Just heard today that I can collect my WR1 on Friday! Am happy now

Still interesting to see the periods in between ordering and collecting. Once again thank you to all for responding.

Rob
Old 19 May 2004, 01:19 PM
tuscan57
Scooby Regular

see you in sarfend friday nite then gash!
Old 19 May 2004, 01:59 PM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

Wink

To quote Churchill ....

Ohhhhhhhhhhh Yessssssss!

Old 19 May 2004, 02:18 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by WR1
Dealer's been okay to be honest but I have not been hassling him. They've rung me each time to ask for stuff as needed and did say that they've seen the comments on Scoobynet so warned me there could be a delay! Nearly there now though.
So does that statement mean "It's been delayed because of scoobynet traffic" or "Its been delayed because scoobynet caused so much extra admin"

Either way, if it's having a go at folk trying to get info from a useful resource then that's bang out of order.
Old 19 May 2004, 03:20 PM
LiamWR1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gridlock Mikey
So does that statement mean "It's been delayed because of scoobynet traffic" or "Its been delayed because scoobynet caused so much extra admin"

Either way, if it's having a go at folk trying to get info from a useful resource then that's bang out of order.
I read it as they have seen from the posts on SN that people awaiting WR1's were experiencing delays in general... and they passed that info on in goodwill..
Old 19 May 2004, 07:19 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Thats ok then

Miker <Power to the scoobynet >
Old 19 May 2004, 08:38 PM
Brian the Sn@il
Scooby Senior

mm a Bimmer

ive said the same, ive now swapped deallers and im 2nd on the list, should get mine early July with no messing about

Gangsta has been so messed about with this order its unreal.

I would have said " stuff Subaru" and bought a Bimmer ages ago, Gangsta is really being very patient !!

Whats going on with the Numbers ???

Clive orderes in MArch HAS 97 !!

Gangsta ordered in January and has 156 !!!

I would have been off to my local Bimmer dealler along time ago is i ordered in January and still have not taken delivery

Quick Reply: Attn All WR1 owners who have their car