Sponsored by:

Just caought a guy smashing my rear window

Search this Thread

Old 16 May 2004, 09:13 AM
fazack
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Just caought a guy smashing my rear window

I was woken by a banging noise at 5am, my alarm went, some guy was smashing my rear window. He walked off. I threw some clothes on an went after him to find him taking a brick to another car. Called police from my mobile and followed him home were I told him to wait for the police - I backed off when he started to be a bit aggresive but police turned up and took him away. He had done several other cars around my area; breaking windows and damaging wing mirrors.

Don't understand him, he was in his mid 20's and on his own - not like he was a kid showing off. He didn't even seem to have any intention of stealing any thing - just causing damage.

Tesco cannot find a replacement rear window which means the car will be off the road for a few days - and I'm meant to be driving south on business today. Bugger.
Old 16 May 2004, 09:22 AM
Marx Mcrae
Scooby Regular

It actually makes a change the police turning up in time
Old 16 May 2004, 09:23 AM
rb5037
Scooby Regular

Bugger!!!

Strange people like that, never be able to understand them.

Good luck with the windscreen hunt.

Have you tried "Autoglass"?

Last edited by rb5037; 16 May 2004 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Edited to say YOU'VE GOT BIG BALLS TO FOLLOW HIM HOME
Old 16 May 2004, 09:48 AM
talizman
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear that mate, but good to hear he got caught.

It isn't a JDM rear screen with wiper is it?

Just a stab in the dark, cos I've been through the hassle of trying to source one before.

Autoglass etc don't stock them so they have to get them from IM at a cost of £600 to them! prior to their mark-up and fitting!

All the best.
Old 16 May 2004, 09:52 AM
redevo
Scooby Regular

Knowing this country and it's justice system, what's the betting nothing happen to the bloke he'll probably just get a slap on the wrist!! That's why I'll never leave the Grale out on the street at night too may weirdoes about.Tony
Old 16 May 2004, 10:50 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

I'd have taken the brick to his head.
Old 16 May 2004, 11:52 AM
Jasoon
Scooby Regular

a new craze that's going on in a local town ,is kids righting down number plates then there mates have to get the number plates on the list.
Old 16 May 2004, 12:36 PM
Simon Lau
Scooby Regular

makes a change that they caught him (even with your help!)

Hope the replacement wan't take too long...good luck!
Old 16 May 2004, 12:48 PM
DJ WATTS
Scooby Regular

It never seems to amaze me of the people we have got to put up with in our country.

Idiot scallys of society who just cant fit in with things and have to vent their own personal issues out on the fair and just.

Did you make a statement and are you pressing charges? If not ask to press charges and make a statement and make sure you appear in court if he pleads "not guilty" and get this low life done!

We had an incident at work last week with a smack head scally who was in a pub car park kicking doors in and stuff.
He got asked to go but started being aggressive!

He then started to walk in the middle of the road causing trouble for motorists driving and even put his head in cars as they stopped.
He also was not a full shilling and totally out of touch with reality because he was lying down on the road and pretending to drive an invisible car etc!
He then came over to my work and came inside our shop shouting the odds (f-this f-that etc) and we had children and familys eating so i called the police and he went outside and walked around to my Subaru and punched my car window and then went up the street kicking cars in as he went.
Luck had it that he did no damage to my window though but i saw him do damage to a mondeo up the road and i waited for the police who came 5 mins later and i ran down and got in the car and then drove up with the police and pointed out the smack head waster!

Hopefully he will go guilty but if not then i will have to make an appearance in court within 6 months to get him done!

Whether he damaged my car or not is irrelevant as he set out to smash my window so i ask the question to myself if he had broke my window i would be in court anyhow so i decided im not letting scum filth like this walk away free from hurting other people and their property!

Last edited by DJ WATTS; 16 May 2004 at 12:51 PM.
Old 16 May 2004, 12:53 PM
BlueBoy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jasoon
a new craze that's going on in a local town ,is kids righting down number plates then there mates have to get the number plates on the list.
They'll not be able to write them down if I chop their hands off and use them to beat each of em to death. Sorry to hear about the rear window - have you tried a ring around yourself (as I did with mine a while back), Autowindscreens / autoglass type places. I found one in the end and Admiral paid up because there as nobody else with one.

There's been a massive "random" car wrecking routine round Birkenhead way (3 of my mate's have had either their windscreens done, the tryes slashed or massive scraps round their cars).

I keep mine in the garage at all times when I'm at home, but what can you do when your out and not near ya car, it's hit and miss.
Old 16 May 2004, 01:58 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=BlueBoy]
There's been a massive "random" car wrecking routine round Birkenhead way (3 of my mate's have had either their windscreens done, the tryes slashed or massive scraps round their cars).[QUOTE]
And you're surprised?
astraboy.
Old 16 May 2004, 03:11 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

Some people do this sort of thing depending on the phase of the moon. Honest. Hence the term loony.

I have known of people who smash shiny things when there is a full moon. I have also known this to happen with cars and to be a regular thing. So that might explain it, a little. Also might explain why the bloke was a bit odd and didn't try to hide etc.

I've no idea what phase the moon as at last night, I don't think it would have been full. However, watch out for it in another month again!

Of course maybe he was just some smack head.
Old 16 May 2004, 03:21 PM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

Rather than you pressing charges won't the insurance company take action ?
Old 16 May 2004, 04:31 PM
Carl2
Scooby Regular

I caught a guy trying to break the wing mirror off my car, but by the time I'd got dressed he was long gone. I phoned the police as it turned out he'd done about 5 more cars on the street, the police didn't even have the decency to come out to look.
Old 16 May 2004, 07:47 PM
wheelie_sti
Scooby Regular

Angry Fu*king peasant underclass

Originally Posted by Carl2
I caught a guy trying to break the wing mirror off my car, but by the time I'd got dressed he was long gone. I phoned the police as it turned out he'd done about 5 more cars on the street, the police didn't even have the decency to come out to look.
Carl

I see why the police didn't come out matey, you missed out a fundamental statement in your communication. Whenever you want the Police to attend just say the said individual left in a car and you are sure he was speeding!

Badabing, 2 patrol cars and some fat f*ck with a camera and a van.

wheelie
Old 16 May 2004, 11:41 PM
Tim WRC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fazack
I was woken by a banging noise at 5am, my alarm went, some guy was smashing my rear window. He walked off. I threw some clothes on an went after him to find him taking a brick to another car. Called police from my mobile and followed him home were I told him to wait for the police - I backed off when he started to be a bit aggresive but police turned up and took him away. He had done several other cars around my area; breaking windows and damaging wing mirrors.

Don't understand him, he was in his mid 20's and on his own - not like he was a kid showing off. He didn't even seem to have any intention of stealing any thing - just causing damage.

Tesco cannot find a replacement rear window which means the car will be off the road for a few days - and I'm meant to be driving south on business today. Bugger.
what a little b*stard definetly worthy of castration with a blunt instrument
Old 17 May 2004, 12:24 AM
sti555
Scooby Regular

fecking *******....

least you did'nt get sacked
Old 19 May 2004, 09:59 PM
fazack
Scooby Regular

Can you believe it. On Sunday Autoglass told me 24 to 48 hours to get the glass. They have had two deliveries and both have been wrong. So, I'm looking at Thursday (minimum) before I get the car back.