Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More WR1 Woe! Anyone working on them at PRODRIVE could help out here maybe!

Search this Thread

Old 14 May 2004, 03:53 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy More WR1 Woe! Anyone working on them at PRODRIVE could help out here maybe!

A friend of mine has been waiting excitedly for delivery for a while now, now get this.........

He has a reg number, he has a log book, he has the welcome to WR1 exclusive owners club pack and he even has a bonafide WR1 Tax disc holder (With proper grub screws ) anyway........ NO ONE KNOWS WHERE HIS CAR IS. Anyone care to hazzard a guess?

The dealer get told to "Do one" if they phone prodrive. I personally think that is rubbish, its just beechdale not knowing who to phone.

The car has been in the country for over a month now, registered for 3 weeks etc. Where oh where can it be?

I reckon its on a production line (sort of) at prodrive. Now given how clinical and efficient they are at that place, i'm sure that someone knows where it is.

Last edited by Gridlock Mikey; 18 May 2004 at 09:18 AM.
Old 14 May 2004, 03:58 PM
Clive the Brave
Scooby Regular

it's a 10 day turn around from wwhen the car is reg, so my dealer told me. Simpsons.
the company that delivers is in Glos, they are been complete ankers when it comes to delivery. If you try and chase them they put your car at the botton of the list.

Good luck, mines no 97 and had the car now for 16 days, best 16 days ever.
well worth the wait.

clive
Old 14 May 2004, 04:02 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

So the car arrives in Glos, gets registered, then goes to prodrive is that right?
Old 14 May 2004, 04:07 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Gridders- Hate to say this but isn't Car 49 a taxi in Nottingham?
Old 14 May 2004, 04:10 PM
Dark
Scooby Regular

I doubt very much that Prodrive are doing any of the work. They don't have the sort of facilities necessary to modify 500 cars. (sorry Mike if I'm wrong!)

All the work will be carried out by IM at their distribution centre in Glos. This is where they usually fit the alarms, etc.

Mark
Old 14 May 2004, 04:13 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Ahhh so the plot thickens, they just have prodrive PARTS fitted, not (as the dealer has been saying) GO to prodrive to have parts fitted. Is that right?

Also it's not like 500 cars are going to turn up at Prodrive one day is it, i'd imagine that after the initial rush, they'll shift 5 a month or summat (Don't know, for all i know, they have all sold out already )
Old 14 May 2004, 04:23 PM
AudiMan
Scooby Regular

Wink

Demonstrator car at large dealership maybe ??..
sorry couldn't resist, I'm just jeolous..

Ian..
Old 14 May 2004, 04:46 PM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

Yes that's right, Prodrive have developed the kit of parts for the engine and for the suspension, full stop.

The cars were imported and taken to IM in Quedgeley, Glos. IM fit the alarms, trackers and other bits, IM also fit the performance bits, wheels, tyres and suspension. Finally, and only after it's been registered, taxed etc IM also fit the engine mods. Prodrive do not get involved at all with the 500 cars.

The people who are making a complete ar*e of fitting the bits and of distribution of the finished cars are IM. Prodrive are not involved in this part of it and have not been for the past 4 months or so.

Last edited by Chelspeed; 14 May 2004 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Read your post properly, edited to say yes you're right...
Old 14 May 2004, 05:00 PM
Scooby Lee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chelspeed
Yes that's right, Prodrive have developed the kit of parts for the engine and for the suspension, full stop.

The cars were imported and taken to IM in Quedgeley, Glos. IM fit the alarms, trackers and other bits, IM also fit the performance bits, wheels, tyres and suspension. Finally, and only after it's been registered, taxed etc IM also fit the engine mods. Prodrive do not get involved at all with the 500 cars.

The people who are making a complete ar*e of fitting the bits and of distribution of the finished cars are IM. Prodrive are not involved in this part of it and have not been for the past 4 months or so.
How come my WR1 has Prodrive Quality Control Stickers on the performance upgrades, then??
Old 14 May 2004, 06:09 PM
simo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby Lee
How come my WR1 has Prodrive Quality Control Stickers on the performance upgrades, then??
I would have thought this is as the parts would have been obtained thru prodrive, does'nt mean they are fitting them thou.

s