Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 07 May 2004, 01:52 AM
Omni
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need Advice

Hey all

Ok well, im not a scooby owner, but i really want one, have the cash for one......but one problem.......im 19 years old with no NCB, people keep telling me to get a corsa or something but to be honest, i dislike all that boy racer image thing, the whole max power, cruises etc.

So it was then suggested as i love impreza's so much that i get a Scooby Sport, bit depressing as my hearts set on a classic turbo scoob, would love one for some nice country roads, track days etc, can you help at all as im unsure what to do....would i be looked down upon from other scooby owners at meets etc for having a scooby sport/turbo lookalikey? As i think my chances of a turbo are well out of the window

I welcome critisism aswell as advice, i understand i sound like a complete chav asking this lol
Old 07 May 2004, 02:12 AM
Mockingbird
Scooby Regular

Hey Omni, seems like there are a few 18/19yr olds with Sports on here. I got a silver one just a few weeks ago with the 0% finance offer. Its a good ride, got the looks and sounds great. I don't think you should be too worried about the 'respect'. Hell I get enough driving it into my uni Best student car around.... (gotta keep an eye on it!)

Check out Tescos for insurance. Good luck!
Old 07 May 2004, 09:04 AM
ali66
Scooby Regular

Hi Omni, refreshing change that you don't want to ''buy into'' the boy racer image!
Not been patronizing but at 19 you have loads of time to work up to the car you 'really' want & a Scooby Sport's a great start. You'll be welcome at meets,we are a friendly lot (despite the odd comment you might read on here )
Where abouts are you from?

ali
Old 07 May 2004, 09:38 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

By all means get a sport and come along and join in the fun. I wouldn't go down the lookalike route though. You'll still get hammered for insurance if you make it look like a turbo and the stigma associated with fakes is embarrassing. Would you wear Adidas 4 stripes, a Tag that made your wrist green or (showing my age here) le'Shark t-shirts and make out they were le'Cos ? Take your time, build up the no-claims and good things come to he who waits. I waited 'til I was 34, and didn't even get a "sporty" car 'til 25. Not taking the pish, but what about the Smart. They have a huge community, have meets and run-outs, and you'll get cheap insurance, 60mpg (ish ?) and good reliability and residuals. If I was 19 now, it's what I'd do.
Old 07 May 2004, 12:17 PM
Omni
Scooby Regular

Where abouts are you from?
South Wales Area

You'll be welcome at meets,we are a friendly lot
Yea, you seem a tidy bunch, a mate of mine is intrested in doing the next mid wales run so i'll tag along, it's not a scoob but its the scoobs rival if you know what i mean.

You'll still get hammered for insurance if you make it look like a turbo and the stigma associated with fakes is embarrassing.
I got a full time job with a higher wage than my parents at mo, i dont mind a bit of an increase, i wouldnt pretend to people it was a turbo, there just one of the best looking cars made imo

Not taking the pish, but what about the Smart.
lol
Old 07 May 2004, 02:22 PM
Franx
Scooby Regular

Talking

Smarts aren't exactly cheap either I'd probably be tempted, if they weren't useless for almost every activity I do. Aberdeen ain't that big anyway, so I sold the car, and am now back to the bike.
I say go for it. Get the sport, or alternatively, the GL, which can be made to look good, as mine did, before I sold it. The insurance isn't that bad - for my 1.8GL, it was 960 quid FC, & I didn't have no claims at the time, and was 20 yrs old.
Sport insurance isn't that much more than the one I had - a difference of around 30 quid for me, anyway.
Go for a drive, & see what you think
Old 08 May 2004, 02:18 AM
Omni
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Franx
Smarts aren't exactly cheap either I'd probably be tempted, if they weren't useless for almost every activity I do. Aberdeen ain't that big anyway, so I sold the car, and am now back to the bike.
I say go for it. Get the sport, or alternatively, the GL, which can be made to look good, as mine did, before I sold it. The insurance isn't that bad - for my 1.8GL, it was 960 quid FC, & I didn't have no claims at the time, and was 20 yrs old.
Sport insurance isn't that much more than the one I had - a difference of around 30 quid for me, anyway.
Go for a drive, & see what you think
A friend of mine owns a Scooby Sport and he was kind enough to show me all around the car, the handleing etc, and i was impressed, it looks like i'll go for a Sport so i'll start posting on here when i get it, for now i'll just stay hiding reading the posts lol.

Will be at the next mid wales run i look forward to speaking to some of you, will be in a red evo 6 tme so if me and the owner of that car come up to you, then you know who it is