Sponsored by:

TOTALLY CHEESED NOW

Search this Thread

Old 06 May 2004, 07:47 PM
Ady 1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry TOTALLY CHEESED NOW

Does anyone know a contact name for a big noise at Subaru that I can write to and tell them what a sack of sh!te my scooby is. Yet again my battery has gone duff after leaving it for 3 days of none use. I can't accept that a 25 grand car does this in our days of so called high tech. They have told me it may well be the Tracker draining the current, OK then change the feekin thing and put a better system on but after all Subaru UK supplied the car(STi UK MY03) with the Tracker on so it is down to them to put it right. I keep hearing people from timt to time with similar problems but nothing from Subaru saying they have a fix so please can someone out there give me a name to write to. When the car is going it is great. Must admit it is the ultimate in theft deterrant though.

Cheers Guys an Gals

Ady
Old 06 May 2004, 07:49 PM
subaru-impreza.org
Scooby Regular

I would just play holy hell with the local garage - you are entiltled too

Gareth
from http://www.subaru-impreza.org
Old 06 May 2004, 11:18 PM
judgejules
Scooby Regular

Just came back from a trip to the US, 9 days in total and my MY03 wrx sti type uk wouldnt start. It also went flat in a little under two weeks over xmas as well

I've got a call in with my dealer at the moment, and aparently some "guy" happened to be going there from Subaru so I'll have to see. Total friggin joke if you ask me, and if they dont come back with a good reply, I'll be going to a few comsumer complaints companies.

Oh yeah, my bro's car does the same thing too, same model etc and he's had his battery replaced. I ask you, wtf is the point of putting a tracker in a car that doesnt work after a few days of the car sitting around?

GRRR

J
Old 06 May 2004, 11:24 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

It might be the new tracker, where it toatally drains your battery so that no one can steal your car, just a flippin pain for when you need drive it.
Old 07 May 2004, 08:24 AM
MadGrip
Scooby Regular

I think you have a right to complain mate, and hopefully if one person does it, others will join in.

I've never had that problem with my scoob,luckily enough.

Just as an example though, I had a C Class merc with over 100k on the clock before the scoob & I went abroad for nearly 6 months over the winter, the car was left outside and when I got home it started with the first turn of the key, that also had a tracker fitted.

cause hell, theres no excuse !

Phil
Old 07 May 2004, 08:50 AM
Kyl3cook
Scooby Regular

If you leave a bentley for more than a couple of days the battery is completely dead...apparently, if you own a bently, you have to accept it. I however would also be a bit Peed off if my battery were to go flat in such a short space of time, on any car that is new.
Old 07 May 2004, 09:16 AM
mrklaw
Scooby Regular

if it was this bad and known about by the manufacturers, why don't they put a kettle lead in the boot so you can plug it into the kitchen when you are away for a bit?
Old 07 May 2004, 09:20 AM
mas58
Scooby Newbie

I had the same problem. Phoned Tracstar and asked for advice on system, called Subaru 'Technical' (I've not heard of this problem Sir). Finally, after having car recovered a couple of times by Subaru Assist a Tracstar engineer came to my local dealer to fix tracker system (took three days though to get there). Apparently the tracker was not going into sleep mode and drained the battery trying to get a GPS fix (not easy in a garage). Battery has been fine now after leaving car for two weeks, which got me thinking..........has tracker been fixed or disconnected? I think a test is called for!
Old 07 May 2004, 09:24 AM
gavnnik
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Kyl3cook
If you leave a bentley for more than a couple of days the battery is completely dead...apparently, if you own a bently, you have to accept it. I however would also be a bit Peed off if my battery were to go flat in such a short space of time, on any car that is new.
Slight hijack but what the hey...

If you own a Bentley you don't start your own car. I would sack my driver if he didn't start the car daily
Old 07 May 2004, 09:31 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

I read a post recently by a guy who was having this same problem. Reckoned he fixed it by replacing the foglight relay which was "leaking current".

Found the post
Old 07 May 2004, 10:55 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

My sister's Ferrari 355 does exactly the same thing-it has to be left with a trickle charger connected to guarantee a start after a couple of days or so. Ridiculous arrangement in my opinion.

Les
Old 07 May 2004, 11:00 AM
Muffleman
Scooby Regular

Don't know how helpful Subaru UK will be as your contract of sale is with the dealership. I'd get heavy with the dealership mate.

All the best

Matt
Old 07 May 2004, 01:50 PM
JohnMcC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
My sister's Ferrari 355 does exactly the same thing-it has to be left with a trickle charger connected to guarantee a start after a couple of days or so. Ridiculous arrangement in my opinion.

Les
Exactly the same with the 911 my dad used to have.

Difference with the scoob is that this is obviously a fault, not the norm.
Old 07 May 2004, 03:44 PM
Neilo
Scooby Regular

Apparently they just put sh*te batteries in them......also apparently the way to get round it is to drive with your side lights on.....i always do and havent had a problem since, something to do with the alternators charge retention or some gubbins.....
Old 07 May 2004, 07:02 PM
Danny Boy
Scooby Regular

Location: All over the place, trying to stop putting the miles on!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The same thing was happening to my mums golf mk4 caused by the traker draining the battery. One quick call to the tracker company and an appointment was set up the engineer came out to her house and fixed the problem in about 3 hours, sorted. Been fine ever since.
BTW i have the trackstar system on my MY99 and have had no problems with starting after leaving it for a couple of weeks.

Dan.
Old 07 May 2004, 07:12 PM
sti joy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

had exactly the same problem, on 3rd battery [60amps] now, dealership said they dont know why battery for stis are so crap, but on another note as neilo says we have now driven with lights on all the time, not side but full, and have had no problems, touch wood.
Old 07 May 2004, 07:14 PM
sti joy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

also phoned trackstar to get system checked, said it was working ok.
Old 07 May 2004, 08:01 PM
davedipster
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Ady 1
Does anyone know a contact name for a big noise at Subaru that I can write to and tell them what a sack of sh!te my scooby is. Yet again my battery has gone duff after leaving it for 3 days of none use. I can't accept that a 25 grand car does this in our days of so called high tech. They have told me it may well be the Tracker draining the current, OK then change the feekin thing and put a better system on but after all Subaru UK supplied the car(STi UK MY03) with the Tracker on so it is down to them to put it right. I keep hearing people from timt to time with similar problems but nothing from Subaru saying they have a fix so please can someone out there give me a name to write to. When the car is going it is great. Must admit it is the ultimate in theft deterrant though.

Cheers Guys an Gals

Ady
Why don't you phone RAC, they will repair your tracker or replace it for free.
If you know what the problem is, why don't you get it fixed?

Dipster
Old 07 May 2004, 09:10 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyl3cook

if the battery on my bentley went flat i wouldnt care as i'd slum it in the ferari instead
Old 08 May 2004, 11:04 AM
Ady 1
Scooby Regular

Default Thanks

Cheers for the response people. I have the car booked in for next Thurs AGAIN. Dipster, I don't actually know yet whether it is the Tracker, I just went off other peoples responses and also the dealer said it may be but no one knows for sure yet. All I know is I am on the third battery which they told me was heavy duty (but obviously not heavy enough). I would assume they will do a drain test on it this time instead of plonking on the next available size of battery. I have E mailed Top Gear to tell them of the problem, knowing their dislike for Scoobies they may even do a bit of enquiring for me (probably not though). It would give good ol Jeremy another chance to slate the Impreza against the.....yawn.....yawn.........EVO. Anyway enough of the sour grapes, I will post up as soon as I get any response and also let you guys know what the diagnoses has been from the dealer (if any). Thanks again everyone.

Ady