Sponsored by:

I'm sorry to tell you all...

Search this Thread

Old 29 April 2004, 01:05 PM
TimboMY03
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy I'm sorry to tell you all...

I'm sorry to tell you that in the early hours of Wednesday morning (night) some b@rstards tried and gained entry to my house through my downstairs bathroom window... They didn't take anything other than the keys to my month old (yet to be 1st serviced, so PDI oil still in sump) WRX MY04.

I awoke to find a long 8' stick through my letter box (a failed attempt), looked out of my window to see that the car was no longer on my drive. Obviously the next 10-20mins are a bit of a blurr what with calling Tracker, Police & insurance company... until I used the bathroom and realised that in fact they had entered my cottage through the bathroom window.

At around 11:00Hrs yesterday, whilst the local Police were taking statements and finger printing etc... I had a call from West Midlands Traffic Police to say that that had recovered my car in 'Ford Shopping CarPark' in Birmingham. Evidentely, a traffic Police Range Rover had given chase just as my car was entering Birmingham but was shaken loose and asked to stand down due to the fact that the driver of the Subaru was driving inexcess of 100mph in 50, 40 & even 30mph zones.

Later yesterday, I had a lift to Birmingham to deliver the second set of keys to the pound so that the Police could gain entry to the car for fingerprinting etc... This was my chance to look round her. It seems that there is very little in the way of panal damage, however the nearside front suspension arm looks bent as the wheel looks to be cambering in toward the car. The tires all round look as though they have been on a track day (especially the nearside front) to the point where the tires have got so hot that they have started to disintegrate (i.e. whole chunks of rubber have fallen off), they are very scrubbed, and bitty, with rolls of rubber pealing off (silmilar to a used F1 tire). The interior plastic panals (C posts) where the rear seat belts extend from have been snapped off, presumably traying to find the Tracker unit (they didn't). Other than that the car is clean.

The Police said that they had locked and parked it up in a public carpark simply so that that could safely keep an eye on it from distance to see if the Police would turn up (they did) to determine if a Tracker was installed or not (there was).

I really wish they had set light to her as to be honest I really don't want her back.

Oh well, I suppose it down to the world we live in...

Tim
Old 29 April 2004, 01:08 PM
R.B
Scooby Regular

BA5TARDS
Old 29 April 2004, 01:10 PM
subarujimmy
Scooby Regular

Really sorry to hear that mate. The B@st@rds need shooting!
At least they didnt inflict any personal injury on you or your family.
Old 29 April 2004, 01:12 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

****, thats unfortunate, are scoobys really wanted that badly for car thiefs? since Ive been readinging these threads it seems to be ever so common the scoobs going walkies and not by amatuers either
Old 29 April 2004, 01:17 PM
B4 Alan
Scooby Regular

F**cking W**nkers..........

But keep your head up and maybe fit a anti-hijack alarm (i.e Clifford with blackjax) - That way even if they do get your keys they won't get far

Alan.
Old 29 April 2004, 01:18 PM
micared
Scooby Regular

Pretty soul destroying end to your first month of ownership, sorry to hear about it.
Old 29 April 2004, 01:19 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Too bad the police arrived, and couldn't keep it under surveillance from a distance (or ask you and your mates to). Then when the slimebags return, you open up with a chaingun.
Old 29 April 2004, 01:19 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

Dont take this the wrong way, but an Impreza is probobly the most obtainable performance car for a thief. I dont think theyre targeting them personally, just therye easy to come by.

Hope that makes sense!!
Old 29 April 2004, 01:20 PM
DarkStar66
Scooby Regular

So sorry to hear your troubles! You can bet that they really thrashed the engine, hopefully it took the punishment OK. That's the trouble with this kind of car, you feel nervous about leaving it outside.

Oh well, think about when you get it back all repaired with new bits and washed. Don't forget that you can blame any outsanding problems on the theives and get it repaired too! ;-)
Old 29 April 2004, 01:31 PM
Nixon
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear about this, hope the car gets fixed back up ok.

It's the 2nd time in the past few months I've heard about the new car thief's tatics on stealing the keys, taking the car and parking it up somewhere for a couple of days to see if it's been tracked by local police. When my Aunt's MR2 convertable and MX5 (nice choice of his & hers motors ) were stolen from there drive in Oxted they did exactly the same thing with them as yours.

One would think that the Police would get wise to this and either put undercover survalence on the car, wait for the theives to return and nab them or let them take it (thus them thinking it's not being tracked) and watch where they take it!?

Seams the best logical way of catching these scum.

p.s. I thought about keeping my keys upstairs in the bedroom along with my cricket bat (keen player!) but in the end decided to leave them in the kitchen drawer in the knowlage that if they break in they would be better to have the car rather than them or me come to some serious harm!
Old 29 April 2004, 01:44 PM
Matt P
Scooby Regular

Old 29 April 2004, 01:49 PM
K9VYN
Scooby Regular

sad news...AGAIN! sorry to hear it! with the recent acquisition of a 306 D Turbo, my Scoob now stays at home alone throughout the week. our plot is the most secure on the estate, but during the week nearly everyone is at work, giving theives opportunity to go to work also.

the keys are fairly well hidden, but even if found the car will not/ cannot start. this is not due to any fancy immobiliser trickery, but something which is a fundimental requirement for the running of our cars. certainly works on my classic.

how to advise is difficult as many car theives could be reading the board, but i am prepared to take a chance on advising anyone what i do offline.

Kev
Old 29 April 2004, 01:49 PM
Scooby Singh
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Sorry mate, dont know what to say or suggest...
Old 29 April 2004, 01:56 PM
DJ WATTS
Scooby Regular

So sorry to hear about this mate.
We are all with you on this and these F*cking scally Sh*tbags need to have their arms chopped off and sentenced to 10 years minimum!

I always take my keys to bed with me, always.
And my dog and custom tracker system is always nice to have too.

Last edited by DJ WATTS; 29 April 2004 at 01:59 PM.
Old 29 April 2004, 01:58 PM
specialx
Former Sponsor

Unhappy

gutted for you!!!!

i'm sorry to sound heartless but thats why i surfed around for an insurance company who did not need a tracker fitted to the car due the feelings you are having now..... if it goes you dont want it back!!! well i wouldn't anyway!!

disclock & go to bed with the keys

hope you have better luck from now!!

x
Old 29 April 2004, 02:06 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

If you dont plan on using the car for a while u could take the rotor arm off the car and stuff like that (its how I immobilise the reno 5 when in dodgy areas or going on holidays) but unfortunately there are other ways car thiefs take cars if they are too order such as a 04 plate scoob would be. i.e tow it away. obvious I know but when have u ever stopped some1 when u see some1 towing a car away??? whereas it draws more attention when u break into a car...
Old 29 April 2004, 02:09 PM
rb5037
Scooby Regular

Very sad news mate

Mine is kept in the garage but still wake up when hearing a noise in the night. About 8 months ago the std key fob broke off my keyring and the same happened to the spare.

Since then i have always kept the key fob in my left pocket. That way the car can't get taken as easly plus you can leave the keys in the house and not worry to much.

Also when you go out somewhere it's just taking the key fob around with you and not a set of keys. Makes sence, esp' as the new (Bugeye on) std keys are the biggest in the world . Plus i can leave the keys in the car or in the front door when washing and not worry to much.

Hope the car gets back to you soon, in as new contition.
Old 29 April 2004, 02:24 PM
K9VYN
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
If you dont plan on using the car for a while u could take the rotor arm off the car and stuff like that (its how I immobilise the reno 5 when in dodgy areas or going on holidays) but unfortunately there are other ways car thiefs take cars if they are too order such as a 04 plate scoob would be. i.e tow it away. obvious I know but when have u ever stopped some1 when u see some1 towing a car away??? whereas it draws more attention when u break into a car...
also buy a wheel clamp - if its in the garage rolling a clamped car out won't be easy. i was discussing this with my friend over the weekend and plan to secure a scafold bar across the back of the car (wall to wall), so even if they get in the garage the car cannot be moved beyond the bar.
Old 29 April 2004, 02:27 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

I am so sorry for u. what do those theives, no sorry BA5TARDS think they are doing sealing other poeple property and especiall Subaru Impreza's! it is luckerly u had tracker fitted and fitted in a conspiciuos place on the car!
the must have ragged the **** of ur car red lineing evey gear and beond!

i think i know what u mean when u wish the had 'set it on fire' as u don't was to drive it again as u know your scoob has been driven by some thugs. this is so disheartning for u!

hope you u get if fixed real soon.
best of luck with it all

SM
Old 29 April 2004, 02:31 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

when the car goes into the garage or on the drive a steering wheel clamp with the wheels turned pointing to a direction other than straight off the drive to stop it being rolled off easy too

anything to give u time to jump outta bed once u hear the car alarm going....

could connect the fuel pump up to a switch on the dash (maybe the headlamp washer jet would look insuspicious) this owuld stop the car starting
Old 29 April 2004, 02:31 PM
SUBTYPER
Scooby Senior

Hey guys whats the insurance implications on losing the car and not having the keys. I think it was ages ago when insurance companies were getting out of payment due to the owners not securing the keys properly. Also RB if you dont have the keys and the car goes missing what would your insurance company say?
Old 29 April 2004, 02:42 PM
mattsan
Scooby Regular

After a cars been stolen and recovered because of a tracker,can u not tell the insurance you dont want it back or have you got to take the car back? I wouldnt want mine back if sum c*nt pinches it.
Old 29 April 2004, 04:16 PM
BishopDevious
Scooby Regular

Location: Dancing on my intercooler saying 'owch'. Paint me pink and spank my ar$e, GIVE ME CURRY AND MILK
Red face Really sorry to hear about this

If the police know why these cretains are leaving it in a car park, why cant they keep an eye on it or at least track the car to where it will be eventually taken?

The thing is they have got away scot free and right now its likely they are doing this to someone else!

I am very sorry to hear about this mate. Its clearly been raced while the engine was supposed to be bedding in, I cant blame you for not wanting it back.

SpecialX - what insurance company did you use?
Old 29 April 2004, 04:54 PM
Jiggerypokery
Scooby Regular

why cant they keep an eye on it or at least track the car to where it will be eventually taken?
Maybe this from the original poster would explain why they don't do this...

a traffic Police Range Rover had given chase just as my car was entering Birmingham but was shaken loose
Police: Umm. yeah, we found your car and chased it, then we lost it, then we found it and looked at it for 3 hours, then we chased it and lost it again.
Old 29 April 2004, 05:00 PM
Sonic_Danny
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear this and i dont blame you for not wanting i back....i would'nt after some sc*mbag has thrashed it!!
Old 29 April 2004, 05:41 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

sad news.

a word of warning t everyone to keep your keys out of veiw of ppl looking through windows or letter boxes.
a police woman once said to me its safter to leave your car on the road... as on a drive give the 'tw@s' easy knoledge to where the car lives!!.. leaving it on the road it could live at a number of houses!!

Old 29 April 2004, 06:53 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Angry

Tim,

sorry to hear about this - especially for such a new car

As a fellow West-Midlander, i am very concerned - i had a close call less than two weeks ago (see Cowardly failed thieving scum b4stards!). I hope that the Police find some evidence to prosecute the scum, and can cross reference it against all their other crimes so that they get sent down for a long long time.

It seems strange that they thrashed the car, but wanted to keep it (hence the looking for the tracker/park-up). You would have thought that a brand new set of tyres would be a bonus it they were pros with somewhere to sell it

Keep us informed as to how things go - and don't let scum put you off what you choose to do in life. In the end - we will win and they will lose!

mb
Old 29 April 2004, 08:22 PM
Pockman
Scooby Regular

The main problem recently with many of these thefts, is that the scum manage to steal the keys without the owner being aware they've even taken them (ie they're upstairs fast asleep and don't wake up, etc).

Any ideas on the best way of stopping this happening?

If woken in time, I'm extremely confident that any intruder(s) to my house won't be able to take my car or pocessions, even if there are several guys in an organised gang. But this relies on me being woken up first. Perhaps it's time for a dog?
Old 29 April 2004, 09:41 PM
deano555
Scooby Regular

Angry

Sorry about your misfortune, I leave my keys in the kitchen, if a thief is smart enough to get in my house I don't want him near my kids.
Don't loose faith I was new to scooby's 9 months ago with a new 03 plate, first thing I did was put a garage door defender on, I think this is one thing that is over looked if you have got a garage use it, out of sight and all that. Can understand you not wanting her back but i,m sure you will soon come round to her if you get her back as new. This is not just a subaru problem any modern day car needs the keys to thieve it. Just a shame that the authorities don't put the time into catching these scum bags as they do into enforcing minor motoring offences.

Deano.
Old 29 April 2004, 09:42 PM
Danny B
Scooby Regular

Fecking Slags, they need their thumbs cut off with a rusty saw.

Quick Reply: I'm sorry to tell you all...