You Vs.....

Search this Thread

Old 29 April 2004, 12:25 AM
wez_sti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up You Vs.....

The 355 thread got me thinking,

anyone else whipped a car they didnt expect to? or gave a pretty good account of yourself at least...

Only had scoob few hours and the most excitment i've had (appart from the superb driving experience of course!) so far is a VW sharron trying it on! quite funny though!

Old 29 April 2004, 12:42 AM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Wink

Wez.

I used to have a STi Ver V; didn't get whipped but got caught out by a Golf TDi once! I pulled up behind the Golf, didn't pay it too much attention but with a puff of black smoke it flew up the road (in the rain!) and it took me a few roundabouts and full bore acceleration to catch up! Once I caught up all was OK but it made me think twice about all the diesel boys from then on.

X.

[edit] Just re-read your post and noticed that you were looking for stories where the Scoobs won; sorry!
Old 29 April 2004, 12:57 AM
wez_sti
Scooby Regular

Talking

thats the sort of story i was after really,

wondered how the scoob compared to other fast cars out there in the real world, not just on facts and figures you get off the net.

anyone been caught out by a stealth car?? my mate nearly wrote off his Audi S3 not so long ago thinking he was overtaking a 1.4l punto, turned out to have a turbo and we were still on the other side of the road when the corner came!!

its gonna b audi vs scoob 2morro, gonna have a face off! i'll make sure i do us scooby owners proud! (should do,have 80bhp over him!)

Old 29 April 2004, 02:36 AM
Scooby-Monster
Scooby Regular

this could be quite a savage thread i feel
Old 29 April 2004, 07:43 AM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

theres quite a lot out there that will take you if your not alert.
catch a scooby off boost and its just a 2litre car. quite a heavy one at that.

catch one who's waiting on boost though and it works the other way

remember, if you get done because you werent paying attention then you were still done.

Andy (99 trying to keep it on boost)

if your not wasted then the day has been.
Old 29 April 2004, 07:46 AM
S.B.
Scooby Regular

Once i beat a standard XR3i away from the lights. I don't think he was trying though
Old 29 April 2004, 08:39 AM
paul0606
Scooby Newbie

Smile

my mate bought an R32 skyline, supposed to be 400 bhp so we went out for a play and i can say i was not impressed, i could have pushed him up the road but it is quite a pretty car though!
Old 29 April 2004, 08:41 AM
StiX
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Only had the scoob about 6 weeks, and everybody seems to try it on.

Of course you have to put your foot down a bit, especially if you are a childish 34 yr old like me

Closest so far has been an Audi TT coupe 225. Surpised me crossing and exiting a roundabout but I caught him up easily enough doing about 80 but then backed off.

(MY95 running about 280ish I think).
Old 29 April 2004, 08:44 AM
paul0606
Scooby Newbie

my mate got himself a skyline, supposed to be 400 bhp not likely! i could have pushed him up the road but it is a very pretty car though. ive only got a standard sti aswell, now he is getting the engine rebuilt. I still reckon i could leave him standing on a decent road though.
Old 29 April 2004, 08:46 AM
Geddon
Scooby Regular

Golf V6 4 motion decided to race me off the lights. Wasn't ready for him and was caught off boost- only had him just at the top of second. Did some research and found they are about 6.5 to 60 and 4 wheel drive. I shall be ready next time
Old 29 April 2004, 08:47 AM
paul0606
Scooby Newbie

I have got a 94 and it is almost more fun than sex, almost! At least with a scoob you dont have to pretend to be nice in the morning!
Old 29 April 2004, 09:05 AM
paul0606
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs up

Didnt mean to repeat myself, only been on on the internet for about an hour so it is all new to me. at least i got my prioroties right though, first sight visited scoobynet!
Old 29 April 2004, 10:44 AM
Dazza's-STi
Scooby Regular

i've said this a few times now, most reasonably quick cars once rolling arn't the walkover you'd expect judging by the figures... Once rolling and i mean 40+ even a huge difference in 0-100 times will only look like your pulling ahead reasonably slowly on the road...
Although this isn't always the case...
The other week a young lad ina Lupo Gti thing launched it from the line... wasn't paying much att... but once i caught on the idea i thought i'd get on with it... wasn't after racing or anything was more interested to see what the Lupo went like... err bloody quick... for one... from the lights and down a long hill.. i set off maybe 2-3 seconds afterward, and it took a good 600yds to catch it... admitadly i was catching it faster as the speed increased say 100mph but i was at full tilt...

a couple of interesting stories... Followed a Westfield up the dual carriegeway in Waky, bang on same speed car... but went around the outside on a roundabout complety sidways... should have seen his face! "If you Mr Westfield and you live in Wakefield... get some driving lessons!"

Also had a run in with a guy on a GSXR750 V reg on the way back from Harrogate... I used to have one and its a quick bike... but in all honesty... the scoob down a twisty slightly bumpy B road from Harrogate to the A1 was quicker... over about 3 miles... was good fun and we had a thumbs up each at the end so in good spirit. but my long held belief that bikes were quicker everywhere was wrong, I certainly thought they were when i had one...!

Saying that i got completly lunched by a Tuscan S down a slip road... he just f@@ked off! I just gave up after about 70 made the scoob look a bit silly really...
Old 29 April 2004, 10:46 AM
Neilo
Scooby Regular

Most of those TDi's you cant really pull much on once moving!! especially those TDI 150's or the 2.5's bloody quick once moving......good job weve got the initial acceleration otherwise it could have been embarrasing..!
Old 29 April 2004, 11:16 AM
Silvafox
Scooby Regular

Smile

MR2 at the lights was driving quickly and I ended up behind him. Turned out it was a Turbo (which I didn't know as they are pretty hard to tell due to tiny turbo stickers on its sides) Missus was saying how quick they were etc so I demonstrated the difference between a normal MR2 and STI7.......obviously I looked a d*ck as I couldn't pull an inch on the git. Flat out we were neck and neck up to a fair old speed. Quick cars those MR2 Turbos!

Also, as people are on about 'being caought out' by other cars I got whooped big style by a Micra in my Saxo VTS off the lights once!
Old 29 April 2004, 11:30 AM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

When I had my MY95 wagon, I had some fun in the snow just outside of Kiddy (on the way to Wolverhampton. There's a dual-carriageway and I got caught in snow-filled outside lane. A camper van was on the inside.

It caught me on the hop! I had a bit of 4-wheel drift as I booted it, but he's already got going I did get past about 5 seconds later though!! phew!

The funniest thing was watching the Saab in my rear-view mirror, who thought he'd try the same. Needless to say - alot of wheel movement, but not much forward motion!!!

Fun!

Dan
Old 29 April 2004, 11:36 AM
uk95scooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by S.B.
Once i beat a standard XR3i away from the lights. I don't think he was trying though

I hope you beat him !!! lol (xr3i)
Old 29 April 2004, 11:41 AM
Gary C
Scooby Regular

Used to suprise the biker boys around devils bridge, they could get me on the longer straights, but I could pull away from all but the very good/crazy riders on R1's in the bends.

Stopped it because it could only end in tear's. Like to drive now on empty roads on the moors, safer for me and everyone else. The road from Ingleton though Hawes to Bedale is my current favorite (and no cameras)
Old 29 April 2004, 01:13 PM
rb5037
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by S.B.
PMSL
Old 29 April 2004, 01:24 PM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

Had a woman in front of me in a dark grey evo 6 with massive tailpipe, the works.She starts weaving back and forward in front of me, obviously wanting to get it on.

She then hares off from the traffic lights, I manage to sit within a metre of her back bumper, I slow down for roundabout, she doesn't, slam, wheels hit paved edge of roundabout at about 30mph with smoke coming out of brake disks LOL.
Old 29 April 2004, 01:48 PM
currymonster
Scooby Regular

It's true about modern cars being quick, often my sti V doesn't feel that quick on the motorway etc, but when you can string a few lower gears together you tend to be able to get the drop on most peeps. Modern diesels are quick buggers. Think i'm going to swap to a clio 182 next year, stealth motor!

Cal
Old 29 April 2004, 01:51 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Wez.

Got another one bike related!

Going to work this time, through some country lanes, when this BIG sports bike appeared in rear view mirror. Next junction I floored it and the bike just disapeared through the bends! Eventually got caught behind a slow moving car and couldn't get by as the road was too narrow so biker boy took great pleasure in burning past; didn't remove the grin on my face though!

I always used to race bikes on empty windy roads as the STi used to blitz them; different story on a busy dual carraige way though!

X.
Old 29 April 2004, 01:55 PM
wez_sti
Scooby Regular

Talking

good point about the bikes, interested to hear about thwm aswell, my mates got a gsxr 600, i reckon he'll whoop me on straights but revrs on bends? (me sti)

dunno what you guys are driving but i wouldnt be scared of a golf tdi if i was in 5th at 2000revs with the handbrake on!
Old 29 April 2004, 05:17 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

In my Caterham my most impressive victories have been, Ferrari 550M, Skyline R34 and R33, 996 Turbo, various GTis and the odd Scoob

But best of all was beating a GSXR-1300 with 50bhp NOS

He could not keep the front end down under 80mph and we were only doing 0-100 sprints, still once he was past about 100mph there was no stoping it and I would be amazed if anything at all would keep up!
Old 29 April 2004, 05:24 PM
wez_sti
Scooby Regular

Cool

But best of all was beating a GSXR-1300 with 50bhp NOS

I bet that was seeeeeeriously fast! got some video clips of a hyabusa with a turbo,and its unbelievable!!!! no road car would have a chance in hell, dont car what it is!
Old 29 April 2004, 05:42 PM
BexTait
Scooby Regular

Location: Drink, drink, wherever you may be, we are the drunk and disorderly (owner of 5 fairy tokens)

I've beaten some bloke on a BMW (can't remember which). I was in my mum's car (1.1l Ka) approaching a set of traffic lights, which has 2 lanes for straight on, but then soon goes down to one. The lights were on red and I went in the left lane, and the BMW went from directly behind me into the right lane. Whilst waiting for the lights to change I could see he was looking over at me, probably thinking he could beat a girl in a little car off the mark. As the lights changed I left him standing, and he didn't catch me until I slowed for the next set 300m further along
Old 29 April 2004, 05:45 PM
cong
Scooby Regular

ive raced porche off the lights he was wheel spining and i just left him and drove off slowly!

another time i was driving slowly and this peugot 306 came belting up behind me and tried overtaking he caught me off guard he came side by side before i relised then i just flloored it and he stuck side by side until he realised he was heading for the lamp post luckily the ****** just braked off in time in a cloud of blue smoke.....i hate being caught off guard off boost, you drive slowly and all the idiots think they can beat ye and overtake!

in my micra ive beaten quite a few cars: fiesta zetec, golf gtis, saxo
Old 29 April 2004, 11:04 PM
wez_sti
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Had my car 24hrs and already had 2 "encounters" both with scoobs, its like being part of the masons or something, people in fast cars didnt wanna know me when i had my saxo, cant think why....

gotta keep my right foot in check for a while now by advice of greese monkey, dont want my car to blow up really.

anyone know somewhere to get octane booster in the chelmsford area?
Old 29 April 2004, 11:23 PM
RB5 Paul
Scooby Regular

I had some fun with a new m3 last year,every time the traffic cleared and we had some room i pulled away from him quite well, i thought he was lifting off the throttle until we stopped and had a nose at each others cars and he told me he had the m3 flat out and just couldn't keep up. I was well chuffed as i'd only had the car a couple of months and it was the first time i'd compared it to another performance car
Old 29 April 2004, 11:34 PM
WRX_Rich
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by wez_sti

anyone know somewhere to get octane booster in the chelmsford area?

I ve just had 10 bottles of millers form scott Lowe aka megabusa good price and next day delivery