WRX EU Import (Servicing)

Search this Thread

Old 19 April 2004, 12:58 PM
Vonzack
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question WRX EU Import (Servicing)

A couple of questions

1) I've read on here that UK WRX's have a 1000 mile service, having just bought an import (from Holland) the service manual doesn't have a 1000 mile service, the first service other than the routine inspection by the dealer is 5Ks or 3 months. After that it's 15Ks or 12 months.

As the car has just gone over 1000 miles, what should I do, do I follow the service intervals in the book that came with the car, or do I need to observe the UK intervals in order to get the UK warranty? Would be great to hear from somebody who is/has been in the same position.

2) Does anybody know if the servicing would be free, is this something that IM have to honour on EU cars or does it just apply to cars sold in this country through their dealer network.

3) Same question again but about Subaru Assist?

Thanks for any help.
Old 19 April 2004, 01:45 PM
BittenEdges
Scooby Regular

IMHO I would take it in for the 1000 mile service as the vehicle is identical to one over here so it should be the same.

Also I think the dutch measure their distance in kilometres so you will probably find that the 5K is 5 kilometres..
Old 19 April 2004, 01:46 PM
Fizz_daz
Scooby Regular

1. If I was you I would not risk it matey....

2. I believe that Subaru's now have a pan european warrenty by Law. I believe this means that IM should cover it for the 3 years but as far as things like the first service being parts free I doubt it very much!!

3. I also believe that you will not get subaru assist as this is UK specific..

Someone correct me if i'm wrong.
Old 19 April 2004, 02:05 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

1) what should I do?

2) the servicing would be free

3) Same question again but about Subaru Assist?
My car is MY02 and the rules have changed since then. I still go for the European 7500 mile intervals. This suits me as I do 15000 miles/year.

1) I would go for the 1000 mile service (to be on the safe side) and then 10000 miles (~15000 km).

You need to write to Subaru UK to register your car for the warranty otherwise all your servicing will be in vain come claim time. You do not get a 'UK warranty' but a pan-european warranty. Claims have to be referred back to the country of origin before being approved.

In your letter you could ask what servicing regime is required to satisfy the warranty. Probably the euro one as it will be Holland who authorise any warranty work. You may decide to write to Holland asking whether UK servicing schedule is acceptable.

2) Service will cost you about £120. At the end of the day get 1000 and 3000 mile services. £100 is not much to pay for peace of mind.

3) Subaru assist only valid in country of origin. I never received any documentation but apparently this is written in the T&Cs.

Although the car is essentially the same, in the old days the UK car was filled with thinner running in oil that had to be replaced after 1000 miles. The Euro cars had thicker longer lasting oil. If you're not sure then get it changed.
Old 19 April 2004, 02:36 PM
pbee
Scooby Regular

I have a Eu import (Belgium) Wrx, The service book is out of date and is just provided so the uk dealers have something to stamp. You need to follow the service intervals in the handbook ONLY !!!!. This changed in December 2003 for belgium cars and i think september for holland. But the service book has not been updated.
The ownders book states the services as follows 1k miles (oil / filter and check), then a oil/filter change every 7.5k or 12 months and a (abc rotation) service every 15k or 12 months.

I do less than 7.5k a year so I just had the 12 month a service done, it depends how many miles you do to how you manage the 7.5k oil change I was told by subaru benelux that if I did 10k per year they would recommend the oil change at 5k then the service at 10k to split the benefit, no pointing in having the oil changed 2 months before the normal service.

I photocopied the 2 pages from the owners book and stapled them into the service record it makes it easier for the uk dealers to see whats what.
Old 19 April 2004, 05:49 PM
GaryCat
Scooby Regular

The 3000 mile service in the book is only for the 3-litre engine in the Legacy.
Old 20 April 2004, 01:45 AM
Barmyclown
Scooby Regular

Mines an 02 from Holland. I did the 1000 miles at my local , cost around £100, and change the filter and oil every 6 months regardless. And have the other service every 12 months as per uk servicing schedule.
Old 20 April 2004, 09:54 AM
Vonzack
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated.
Old 20 April 2004, 10:41 AM
Ajax
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by Vonzack
Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated.
Here is a letter for you to send to register your vehicle, this must be done.

I have got a Dutch MY03 from Well Lane, Batley.

Bottom Line with EU Imports
Register with IM use this letter
Subaru Warranty Administration,
Subaru UK
Ryder Street,
West Bromwich,
West Midlands
B70 0EJ

Dear Sir/ Madam

New Impreza WRX Registration xxxxx xxx (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

I note that you ask for the original sales invoice from the country of origin. I bought the car new in the UK in Pounds Stlg and I enclose

1. Copy of the original sales receipt.
2. Copy of the service manual indicating the PDI was carried out in an EU Member state, presumably where it was shipped to from the manufacturer.

3. Copy of the EU certificate of conformity validating the VIN.
4. Copy sales invoice from the supplier in Holland to Supplier in the UK

If there is any additional information you require please do not hesitate to contact me.

The service schedule is printed in the Service and Warranty booklet I trust that this is the one to follow:
5000km (3,105) miles) 3 months
15,000km (9,315 miles) 12months
30,000km (18,630 miles) 24 months etc

Please can you inform me that my Warranty is registered and will be valid in the UK?

Thank you for your kind help

Yours sincerely

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++

UK Service Garage
Don’t do any other servicing as it could be held against you, and anyway it’s not necessary as IM know what they are doing with service schedules.

FOLLOW THE SERVICE AND WARRANTY BOOKLET TO THE LETTER!

Please note: I have read a fair bit of made up advice on this thread take care, I know as I have got a one year old WRX and its just up for its first years service, and its still in warrantee

By the way, you do have to pay for the first service yourself about £100.00

Last edited by Ajax; 20 April 2004 at 11:05 AM.
Old 20 April 2004, 11:11 AM
Ajax
Scooby Regular

Default New WRX for under £17,500.

Got mine here!

New WRX for under £17,500.

press here