Sponsored by:

A1 Yorkshire Scooby-Man!

Search this Thread

Old 16 April 2004, 09:21 PM
Skw1d
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A1 Yorkshire Scooby-Man!

After finding the car of my dreams I needed to get it checked out, and not knowing any reputable establishments in Yorkshire (I live on the south coast and Subaru dealers won’t touch imports) I was kind’da fishing around for a guy who could help me ‘buy with confidence’

(this report is written for those in the same situation or the lucky ones in the Yorkshire area).

I saw a posting on the SNet by - Gills Fan “Need a Scooby checked out in the Yorkshire area…who ??” - here listed several numbers.

I threw caution to the wind and phoned one of ‘em and spoke to a guy call Chy. I told him my situation and he agreed to check the car for me. I spoke to the guy selling the car, who was cool with that arrangement.

…to cut a long story short we eventually found him (well, he drove out and found us .

He began his inspection, pointing out problems that were obvious to the trained eye, and then proceeded to run tests to find a cause. This again put me at ease knowing that this wasn’t a 5min once over, rush job. He continued checking over very thoroughly, he may as well have done this with a fine toothcomb (needless to say he spotted countless issues, mostly minor, (fixtures and fittings) but still worth knowing about) informing me what parts were original, which were mods as well as offering me with clear and concise answers.

He then proceeded to plug the car into his laptop giving me a detailed report (luckily with no error messages). If I had more time, I would’ve liked a bhp report done too.

…anyway…

Needless to say : Chy offered a 5 star service that I would highly recommend!

I only wish he was local to me!!

Thanks again dude! (should you read this)

I hope this encourages more people to post reports of their TOP mechanics
or
the rip off merchants to beware of.