Sponsored by:

jap auctions online or in the uk

Search this Thread

Old 13 April 2004, 10:48 PM
real_welshboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post jap auctions online or in the uk

Im toying with importing an sti 7 myself or bidding in a uk auction, where are the best jap auctions held at the moment, or websites to japan sites where I can try myself
Old 14 April 2004, 09:33 AM
P5TPB
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dad & I imported a Mitsubishi Pajero Evo and a normal Pajero over, last Oct/Nov, thru http://www.gcar.co.jp/gbtrader/ (you may need to email him for a username/password to view the photos, it's been so long since I got mine).

I was told by people that it was a nightmare, importing vehicles...I've gotta admit, it was sooooo easy .

You bid, once the car is your's the money is wired to their bank account, they do all the work. They send you the docs via DHL, then you wait approx 2.5-3 mths. We collected ours from Southampton docks. You bring your paperwork down there and collect the car, normally no problems. Get the SVA prep and also the main SVA.......all done no probs.

The law has just changed re:SVA tests, you now need to get hold of a report for your particular car, as far as I am aware there are not allowed to be any major mods on the car when it comes from Japan...for more advice go to: http://www.modelreports.com/our_service.html

Tim / P5TPB

My Websites:
www.whitewrxsti.co.uk
www.camberleyboys.co.uk