Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New guy getting an MY02 STi PPP :)

Search this Thread

Old 13 April 2004, 04:28 AM
steve_g
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy getting an MY02 STi PPP :)

Hi everyone,

This is my 1st post. Excellent forum by the way. I've been doing a lot of reading on here recently.

I currently drive a '53 plate Civic Type-R. I'm looking to change it for an MY02 WRX STi PPP.

What should I be looking out for with regards faults etc?

I've found one I like.

MY02 WRX STi PPP
Black + Gold Alloys
11,500 miles
FSSH

The wheel nuts on it are going rusty though. It looks immaculate apart from the wheel nuts.

What do you think I should be paying for this from a dealership?
Old 13 April 2004, 05:07 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Welcome to Snet.

Trade on these is just under £20k. You could save another £1-1.5k going private, but then you won't get the dealer back-up. It's also worth considering aiming a little higher. £23.5k is the target price for an STi8 brand spanker from a dealer, and many seem to get sold on very quickly. Keep an eye on the For Sale forum on here for some mighty fine examples. When I was buying my 03 WRX PPP, there were 8 STi8's going on here for between £20-23k, all with good spec. Also bear in mind that the bugeye can be harder to sell on later than a classic or blobeye.
Old 13 April 2004, 05:09 AM
steve_g
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
Welcome to Snet.

Trade on these is just under £20k. You could save another £1-1.5k going private, but then you won't get the dealer back-up. It's also worth considering aiming a little higher. £23.5k is the target price for an STi8 brand spanker from a dealer, and many seem to get sold on very quickly. Keep an eye on the For Sale forum on here for some mighty fine examples. When I was buying my 03 WRX PPP, there were 8 STi8's going on here for between £20-23k, all with good spec. Also bear in mind that the bugeye can be harder to sell on later than a classic or blobeye.
There are a couple of 03 WRX STi's on Autotrader.

One is an '03 reg with 17,000 miles.

It's going for £18,995.

Is that a fair price?
Old 13 April 2004, 05:37 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

If you mean this one then yes, that looks a good deal to me. It states Type UK, so shouldn't be a dodgy Motorpoint Cyprus import and that is backed up by the Subaru history. Get an AA check done and insist on seeing the HPI printout, also maybe getting your own.
Old 13 April 2004, 06:30 AM
steve_g
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by corradoboy
If you mean this one then yes, that looks a good deal to me. It states Type UK, so shouldn't be a dodgy Motorpoint Cyprus import and that is backed up by the Subaru history. Get an AA check done and insist on seeing the HPI printout, also maybe getting your own.
That's the one mate

Where's the easiest/cheapest place to get a HPI check done?
Old 13 April 2004, 06:45 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Online here

Or start a new thread asking if anyone on here does them. I seem to remember someone on here works for them.
Old 13 April 2004, 11:25 AM
ByByR1
Scooby Regular

steve g, Are you wanting an STi prodrive with ppp or STi ppp as they are two different cars, the prodrive has a big spoiler on the back, a different front bumper and some other mods. I have had one for just over a month and it's great and it doesn't have the ppp so be aware what you are buying. Payed £19K for a Black 02 with gold wheels, 18k miles and full ssh from a dealer. I traded two cars for it a 97 2000 turbo and a 01 wrx both wagons and I got a cracking deal for both.
Hope this helps with the pricing.

Trending Topics

Old 13 April 2004, 07:08 PM
steve_g
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ByByR1
steve g, Are you wanting an STi prodrive with ppp or STi ppp as they are two different cars, the prodrive has a big spoiler on the back, a different front bumper and some other mods. I have had one for just over a month and it's great and it doesn't have the ppp so be aware what you are buying. Payed £19K for a Black 02 with gold wheels, 18k miles and full ssh from a dealer. I traded two cars for it a 97 2000 turbo and a 01 wrx both wagons and I got a cracking deal for both.
Hope this helps with the pricing.
Thanks mate. It's the STi PPP. It has a small spoiler on the rear and the prodrive exhaust etc. The sales guy told me it is 305bhp which sounds like the PPP to me.

I managed to talk him down from £19,995 to £18,995 for this one which I think is a very good price.