Sponsored by:

Mobile camera

Search this Thread

Old 09 April 2004, 09:44 PM
tmo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Mobile camera

I have been zapped today by one of the mobile police fund generating vans with the laser type camera.
I know he got me because he looked up and smiled!!!
Speed limit was 50mph not sure what speed he clocked me at but above 60 mph, any advise?
How long will it take to come through ?

Any comments would be much appreciated.
Old 09 April 2004, 09:54 PM
WIBES69
Scooby Regular

hi mate,
should come through within 14 days,
you should be 10% plus 2 mph, which gives you 57mph ish!
so probably 3 points and fine,
i got snapped last year, received letter but didnt reply, received another letter a month later and didnt reply!!! never heard anything again!!
that was over a year ago,,,,
Old 09 April 2004, 11:03 PM
toigye
Scooby Regular

u were lucky i left mine didnt reply got a letter from the pig who zapped me saying he was coming round for a chat so to speak payed asap. 6 points now six away from sti cheap sale
Old 10 April 2004, 08:49 AM
crazyenglishman
Scooby Newbie

i got cought about 2 months back
100mph in a 50 i did hit the brakes but not in time
still not heard nothing
still keeping my fingers crossed
Old 10 April 2004, 10:42 AM
talizman
Scooby Regular

any advise?
Don't speed
Old 10 April 2004, 12:23 PM
Eder22b
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by talizman
Don't speed
Impossible when you've got 300BHP under your right foot....
Old 10 April 2004, 12:27 PM
Edcase
Scooby Regular

Location: Throwing myself down a mountain at every opportunity...

I got caught last year after forgetting my rallyday tickets and having to go back and get them before my track session.

I didn't hear anything so I guessed it was for tax discs, but then about 7 months later I got a NIP through the post. I ignored it and haven't heard anything since.

Trending Topics

Old 10 April 2004, 04:22 PM
SUBTYPER
Scooby Senior

So what is people saying just ignore them and they go aay LOL. Anycase what was the crack on these vans I thought all speed traps had to be really visible and all cameras had to have markings and the road had to be signed.
Old 10 April 2004, 08:19 PM
bluto22b
Scooby Regular

From what I have heard, all the speeding fines are going into a fund to pay for a facelift/face swap for Phoney Tony Blairs wife.
Old 10 April 2004, 08:24 PM
Brian the Sn@il
Scooby Senior

Come on folks play their game and get yourself a Lazer Jammer.

Bet the Van was on a long straight, bridge etc.

Sorry but if they dont play fair i dont
Old 10 April 2004, 10:26 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Eder22b
Impossible when you've got 300BHP under your right foot....
Not impossible - infact quite easy to stay within the law..... but just as easy to break it.....
Old 10 April 2004, 11:44 PM
BedHog
Scooby Regular

Do whatever you can to get out of paying - the police are just money raising ***** at the moment.

My mate just got done in his Scoob.

Basically the road outside work was a 40 limit - has been for years.
They removed the speed signs and installed cameras.
Because there are no speed signs it makes it a 30 limit - but there are no 30 limit signs.

My mate got done for doing EXACTLY 40 past the camera, what he assumed the speed limit was.

Don't bother replying that he should have noticed the speed signs gone and realised it was now 30, cos I won't believe you would have.
Old 11 April 2004, 10:54 AM
tmo
Scooby Regular

This was on a section of duel carriageway that they have dropped the limit from 60 to 50. Camera was sited on the opposite side of the road just after a bend when the road changes from two lanes to one! Saw him too late and like I said before the bloke looked up and smiled at me !!
Probable course of action when the NIP arrives
1. Request Photo
2. Request the officers statement
3. Request calibration certificate (if self calibrating a vehicle with a calibrated Speedo has to be driven through the trap at an agreed speed – request calibration certificate for this vehicle)
4. Request training documentation for specific officer involved relevant to the equipment used
5. I believe three vehicles were in the “shot” at the same time - Request proof of a “clear shot”
6. close proximity of power lines !
7. Buy a Laser jammer – how much ? Where from ?

Anything I have missed??
Old 11 April 2004, 11:16 AM
RichieD
Scooby Regular

Wink

Would be a good idea to visit www.pepipoo.com and check out what other people are doing....

Full disclosure of the video would be good for starters!
Old 11 April 2004, 11:18 AM
mwp
Scooby Regular

also go look at pepipoo

- mark
Old 11 April 2004, 11:44 AM
talizman
Scooby Regular

the police are just money raising ***** at the moment
I suppose in your small world, all the funds raised from speeding fines goes directly into police officer's bonus payments, and whatever is left over goes to the policeman's ball fund?

They removed the speed signs and installed cameras
I appreciate that you aren't exactly the most "informed" person in the world, so I'll enlighten you. Police officers don't "remove signs" to capture people. Nor do they govern speed limits. You obviously are too bitter or ignorant to appreciate that the police simply enforce the law, they don't make it.

You should really get your facts right before blabbing on a lot of $hite....
Old 11 April 2004, 12:15 PM
Pittsey
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by talizman
I suppose in your small world, all the funds raised from speeding fines goes directly into police officer's bonus payments, and whatever is left over goes to the policeman's ball fund?

I appreciate that you aren't exactly the most "informed" person in the world, so I'll enlighten you. Police officers don't "remove signs" to capture people. Nor do they govern speed limits. You obviously are too bitter or ignorant to appreciate that the police simply enforce the law, they don't make it.

You should really get your facts right before blabbing on a lot of $hite....

Do you work for the police by any chance?
Not a bad thing!!
Old 11 April 2004, 12:18 PM
Pittsey
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BedHog
Do whatever you can to get out of paying - the police are just money raising ***** at the moment.

My mate just got done in his Scoob.

Basically the road outside work was a 40 limit - has been for years.
They removed the speed signs and installed cameras.
Because there are no speed signs it makes it a 30 limit - but there are no 30 limit signs.

My mate got done for doing EXACTLY 40 past the camera, what he assumed the speed limit was.

Don't bother replying that he should have noticed the speed signs gone and realised it was now 30, cos I won't believe you would have.

Same happened where I live (Langley), Loads of people I know got caught, and court. They have a camera at each end of the road and now they have a speed trap in the middle. ****ers.
Old 11 April 2004, 12:35 PM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

Angry

Where I live the Police get paid over time to operate camera vans so the more people they catch the more overtime for them to do therefore the more they catch the more they earn.

I have often said if we paid them a bonus like this for catching more burglars then we wouldn't all be having to spend lots of our money on alarms and high security locks.

And also we have seen the coordination between limits being lowered subtly and camera's then arriving to catch people who have continued to drive below the old limit and have not noticed the reduction. Why should they the limit has been fine for 30 years

Ultimately all this speed kills is rubbish proved by catching 2 million people who are alive to pay their fines despite committing this heinous act of breaking a politically set limit
Old 11 April 2004, 12:37 PM
DanTheMan
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

The local council here cunningly extended a 30 mph limit by a few hundred yards where there used to be a 50 limit...

...and a few days later the camera signs appear, as does a scamera van to catch out drivers who for the last twenty or so years have been happily and safely doing 50mph, oh and its on a gentle bend where it is nicely concealed - so exactly what has this to do with safety, its just revenue generation pure and simple.
Old 11 April 2004, 01:01 PM
talizman
Scooby Regular

the Police get paid over time to operate camera vans
Lets clarify one thing.....
The police who operate the cameras etc are traffic police.

Your average "beat cop" still targets housebreakers, car thiefs and robbers etc etc.
The reason results may appear few and far between, are because it is a damn sight harder to catch a crook in the act, than it is for mobile cameras to catch hundreds of offenders in a short time. (shooting fish in a barrel? )

I don't think I know even one non-traffic cop who would even know how to work a speed detection camera!

Put simply, to compare the camera argument against cops "not dealing with real crime" is a lot of pi$h. The reason is that the two departments are completely detached and those out catching speeders aren't your thief catchers and vice versa

The average cop on the street works hard to catch the thieveing scum who make peoples lives a misery, but a lot of the time they are relying on Joe Public to do the decent thing and call the police when he suspects a crime is occurring instead of watching it go on, and moaning about it later.
Old 11 April 2004, 02:11 PM
SUBTYPER
Scooby Senior

This was on a section of duel carriageway that they have dropped the limit from 60 to 50. Camera was sited on the opposite side of the road just after a bend when the road changes from two lanes to one! Saw him too late and like I said before the bloke looked up and smiled at me !!
Probable course of action when the NIP arrives
1. Request Photo
2. Request the officers statement
3. Request calibration certificate (if self calibrating a vehicle with a calibrated Speedo has to be driven through the trap at an agreed speed – request calibration certificate for this vehicle)
4. Request training documentation for specific officer involved relevant to the equipment used
5. I believe three vehicles were in the “shot” at the same time - Request proof of a “clear shot”
6. close proximity of power lines !
7. Buy a Laser jammer – how much ? Where from ?

Anything I have missed??
Could this not increase the penalty and surely if it was a camera van then why would you wanna see the vehicles calibration certificate.
Old 11 April 2004, 02:18 PM
tmo
Scooby Regular

If you look at my prev post "3. Request calibration certificate (if self calibrating a vehicle with a calibrated Speedo has to be driven through the trap at an agreed speed – request calibration certificate for this vehicle)

The laser not the parked up van !!!!!! Requested certificate would be for the "test" vehicle
Old 11 April 2004, 02:31 PM
mwp
Scooby Regular

hmmm ... having read this thread .. am i under some sort of mishaprehension that traffic police are only qualified to arrest motorists ?

2-tier police force ?
Old 11 April 2004, 09:46 PM
SUBTYPER
Scooby Senior

So Tmo does that mean if it hasn`t been done then the conviction is nil and void. Does the trap have to be calibrated at every new site or just once a day.
Old 11 April 2004, 11:26 PM
talizman
Scooby Regular

am i under some sort of mishaprehension that traffic police are only qualified to arrest motorists ?
Not quite.....

Traffic police are "trained" to do everything a "beat" officer does. (in between "arresting motorists" )

Beat officers are not trained in ANY areas regarded as being "traffic officer" duties! Vascar/Laser speed detectors/pursuits etc etc etc.
Old 11 April 2004, 11:52 PM
THOMO
Scooby Regular

i was in southampton last year and saw 8 police bikes sat at a corner. further on was a camera van . popped into the chippy and watched them pull over speeding bikers and the odd car driver.in total there was probably 11 officers .my point is why dont they camp out on some of those scummy estates.like nobody as ever broke the speed limit . i say put them vans outside schools and built up areas cameras too. thats where you will find majority of road deaths.
Old 12 April 2004, 12:05 AM
Brian the Sn@il
Scooby Senior

I got pulled by a Beat officer in a fiesta took him about 5 miles to catch me and i didnt even know he was chasing me.

He was a nice chap and didnt really know much about scoobs, but he liked the Look of the Type R and he went on his way.

Now this did make a impression. Top bloke and it made a change from the Traffic Know it all crew.
Old 12 April 2004, 12:35 AM
THOMO
Scooby Regular

if the police on patrol great ,not a problem with that .its when they sit around for hours booking speeders .with crime on the rise is this justified.
Old 12 April 2004, 06:44 AM
ScoobySte
Scooby Newbie

My last one was 51mph in a 30mph...........................2 weeks(ish) later................court summons......................ended with 6 points and a £160.00 fine.

51 is the threshold in a 30 limit, double the speed could be a ban???

Quick Reply: Mobile camera