baby WRX STI

Search this Thread

Old 09 April 2004, 08:01 AM
markus_UK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default baby WRX STI

Yo all

Still toying with the WRX purchase (but getting closer). One defining moment 4 months ago was the arrival of out first child (Alex). That sorta put a hold on things ...

Have test driven a WRX (not estate - can not get my head around those) and it was quick enough. Thought about adding a prorive spoiler (looks better in my opinion) - and perhaps PPP.

A few questions

1) Is it easy to add PPP at a later date (say after a year)

2) Is the STI really out of the question if you have a young child. I know its going to be a real hard ride and the seats are firmer .... not really a baby wagon is it !!

3) Respect. How are you REALLY treated on the road? We have a little MG ZR160 at the moment and we get real grief from the Saxo et al drivers. I'm not after 'blowing them away' with the scobee - rather I would like you to tell me that they leave you alone as they 'know'. At the end of the day safety for the family is number one ....

thanks

Mark
Old 09 April 2004, 08:09 AM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Marcus

You don't really want any sick on the yummy STI seats..... I think the WRX would be a more suitable daily driver for you, you can add the PPP at a later date - 1 year is fine.

Respect on the road for the car is generally very good. It may depend on which area you are located & also if you happen to have an Impreza wally in your area tearing around annoying everyone.
Old 09 April 2004, 09:17 AM
mrklaw
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a WRX and bought it when my son was two. We have another baby on the way, and no qualms about still using the WRX.

STi bit too hard IMO - just from a practical, family runabout point of view.

As for respect - I find most people don't even notice you - its not exactly an M3 is it!

Occasionally you get a numpty who looks like he's trying it on. But then I like to just play granny and not even try.