Sponsored by:

Questions on Fuelling

Search this Thread

Old 07 April 2004, 07:28 PM
coulty
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Questions on Fuelling

Can my car under WOT above 4k and its hesitation (not the coils btw) be due to overfuelling?

Can overfuelling cause any damage?

Also on a MY96 sti what is the fuel cut set at? I am running about 16psi on full boost so because of my full decat can i expect to hit fuel cut with boost spikes??

Many thanks
Stuart
Old 07 April 2004, 07:48 PM
greasemonkey
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by coulty
Can my car under WOT above 4k and its hesitation (not the coils btw) be due to overfuelling?
Could be. What makes you think it's overfuelling?

Can overfuelling cause any damage?
Longer term, yes. Bore wash, oil contamination are the biggest issues, although there are others.

Are you running an AFR meter/LambdaLiink etc.? If so, what sort of lambda voltage do you see on WOT? Also, what sort of nick are your spark plugs in?

Also on a MY96 sti what is the fuel cut set at?
Could well be wrong about this, so don't take as gospel, but memory seems to tell me it's 1.2 bar (17.4psi).

I am running about 16psi on full boost so because of my full decat can i expect to hit fuel cut with boost spikes??
Assuming my belief about the cut figure is correct, if you haven't already been hitting it in the cold weather over the last few months, there's no obvious reason to think why you'd start now. Take it you're running a KnockLink, and that you're not getting any nasty noises at this boost pressure?
Old 07 April 2004, 08:37 PM
coulty
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by greasemonkey
Could be. What makes you think it's overfuelling?

Longer term, yes. Bore wash, oil contamination are the biggest issues, although there are others.

Are you running an AFR meter/LambdaLiink etc.? If so, what sort of lambda voltage do you see on WOT? Also, what sort of nick are your spark plugs in?

Could well be wrong about this, so don't take as gospel, but memory seems to tell me it's 1.2 bar (17.4psi).

Assuming my belief about the cut figure is correct, if you haven't already been hitting it in the cold weather over the last few months, there's no obvious reason to think why you'd start now. Take it you're running a KnockLink, and that you're not getting any nasty noises at this boost pressure?
I know it has a rich scoobyecu fuel map. I asked for this as i thought before i was getting det. Turns out it was the release bearing spinning at high revs as confirmed by diagnostics.

I am running full green on lambdalink on WOT and stays there for about 2 secs after closing throttle. My spark plug (7B's) were replaced yesterday and a new set were put on today as the problem was happening. It didn't happen on my old iridium plugs which is weird! (i can change to the less rich program that i still have here but it drops into the lean right when i come off the throttle)

I have just had fitted my decat downpipe on saturday so i wouldn't have seen fuel cut as it was not cold enough. The KL question was answered above.

Do these asnwers help GM??

Stuart
Old 08 April 2004, 08:31 AM
coulty
Scooby Regular

ttt for GM