What sorta compensation you think i am entitled too? :(

Search this Thread

Old 07 April 2004, 11:42 AM
vash
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry What sorta compensation you think i am entitled too? :(

Hi All

My 03 Sti UK developed a fault in the gear box in December where it would grind baddly as it went into 2nd and 4th. My Dealship i bought it from was informed the same day.. It took them till the 29th of March to finally get it in, now they are saying they cannot get the parts till late next week. Giving that i only got the car at the end of August i think this is a little off.. I have basically lost 4 months driving pleasure

They have given me a hire car from the time it went in so im not stuck for transport but i think this is really a bit unacceptable for a new car. So im going to ask for compensation.

What do you people think im entitled too?? Im not an angry person but i do feel let down.... so im trying to gauge what i can get from them for them selling me a brand new car that had a serious fault with in a few months and then so long to set it straight.. It was orginally due to go in on the 19th of March but when i rolled up they told me they hadnt managed to get the parts in stock to repair it .

Thanks in advance!

Mat
Old 07 April 2004, 01:21 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

I would have thought say £10/day = £1000.

There might be more mileage in asking for something like a free PPP (or wheels etc.) which is more value to you than cost to them.
Old 07 April 2004, 02:16 PM
Jiggerypokery
Scooby Regular

I think it would be fair to ask for the difference between the trade-in value at the start and at the end of the 4 month period. This is effectively what you have lost in monetary terms, not including the price you put on any inconvenience to yourself.
Old 07 April 2004, 02:23 PM
Krade
Scooby Regular

They'd be more inclined to give you parts and or service as compensation rather than cash, It would cost them less.

I'd go along the lines of the PPP or if not that a few free services.
Old 07 April 2004, 02:39 PM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The issue is what did they say to you in December & why did you accept the delay? If you accepted the delay in December & then again the delay on March 29, then why complain now? If you did not accept the delay back in December, what happened exactly? Did you write to them?
Old 07 April 2004, 02:46 PM
MadMark
Scooby Regular

Don't know what you have done so far, but escalate this to Subaru (IM) Customer services .....
A letter to the MD etc expalining that this is not good enough etc and asking how they intend to compensate you for the shocking service and the "ruined" driving experience should help matters!
- Also suggest that if they cannot resolve this within 7 working days you are going to put this in the hands of a Solicitor as you think you are being made a fool of ..... etc

Go for em - this is ****!!!
Old 07 April 2004, 05:01 PM
vash
Scooby Regular

Spoken to a guy at Subaru HQ who is the Customer Service manager who has put a chase on my parts for my car so hopefully this will result in a quicker return of my car.

I have also said i want compensation for losing 4months fun from a Scooby, and hes is going to speak to the warranty manager to see if there is anything he can do so "Soften the blow" .

Going to push quite hard now coz im in full bitch mode, its amazing at how much fun complaining is !

Will keep ya updated!

But you think a Set of wheels is resonable? .. I was planning to get some 18s... mmm