Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sti track day driving experience gift. any good?

Search this Thread

Old 05 April 2004, 07:14 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question sti track day driving experience gift. any good?

was looking for a skid pan course for my mates b/day and saw 1/2 day track days advertised for the scooby and mitsi evo for £225.

from what i gather it's for 2 1/2 hrs with 1/2 hr personal tuition, seems to read that each driver gets 2 hrs behind the wheel, but i'd need to check that.

anyways, has any one done one of these days? it seems ideal to me, as i would love to do a track day, but don't want the bill of new tyres/brakes when i'm finished. for £225 i couldn't replace the front tyres let alone anything else!

and they do brands, which is 15 mins from my front door, this seems too good to be true, where's the downside?
Old 05 April 2004, 09:14 PM
Matt Classic
Scooby Regular

Default The downside...

If its anything like the so called half day rally experience I had recently, 3 and half hours actually equates to 3 sessions of 4 laps round a 45 sec course......yep, travelled 120 miles for approx. 10 mins rallying.
The rest of the time is a 20 minute brief followed by standing round waiting for others to have their go.
Be interested to know if this one is any better.
(just got myself down for a 6 hour team endurance kart session at a place called Buckmore park, me and 2 mates, that was £450 for all 3 of us, seemed far better value and the karts do 80mph)
Old 05 April 2004, 10:42 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Matt Classic
If its anything like the so called half day rally experience I had recently, 3 and half hours actually equates to 3 sessions of 4 laps round a 45 sec course......yep, travelled 120 miles for approx. 10 mins rallying.
The rest of the time is a 20 minute brief followed by standing round waiting for others to have their go.
Be interested to know if this one is any better.
(just got myself down for a 6 hour team endurance kart session at a place called Buckmore park, me and 2 mates, that was £450 for all 3 of us, seemed far better value and the karts do 80mph)
cheers mate, may well have to look into this a bit further b4 taking the plunge.
glad to hear you enjoyed buckmore, it's about 20 mins from me and i've got an hours practice session for my birthday, never done it b4 so should be a laugh!
Old 05 April 2004, 11:15 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

Does it have to be Subaru?

If not PM me as I might have a solution and you get lots of track time.
Old 06 April 2004, 10:39 AM
mrklaw
Scooby Regular

Our work lets us spend some money on 'learning experiences'. I'd like to do a Scooby track day, but with someone elses Impreza, to learn what its capable of to help be a better driver and have some fun.

Any recommmendations? I'm based in the southeast (Windsor)