Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to this world but already lovin it!

Search this Thread

Old 05 April 2004, 02:24 AM
j joyce
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to this world but already lovin it!

I just bought my first impreza turbo and yeah, i do have that silly grin all over my face! A bloke in clk 230 kompressor apparently thought that these cars we all know and love can be chumped up by german engineering by drivin 3ft away from my spoiler yet when i dropped down a gear i fully realised why these cars are the ultimate drivers car that decent money can buy as i left him for the next generation to catch up on! All i ask is,what can give me something to worry about when it pulls up alongside?
Old 05 April 2004, 02:56 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Many cars can give you a run in the dry if they catch you off boost in the wrong gear. There's a lot of small nippy motors (CTR's/Cupras/Cups etc) and bigger sporty models (ST220/BMW's) which with 2WD suffer less transmission loss and don't suffer lag/spool problems. Through twisties, in the wet and with good gear/rev balance though, there isn't much to fear except other Scoobs and Evo's. Just don't take on an SL55AMG

Edited to add, only had mine 2 months and yes, I've still got the stupid grin. Go on, spill the beans, what have you done or are you planning to do. I've debadged, detango'd (MY03 headlights in oven-scary), flaps, strut brace and filter. Getting the sills colour coded next, and saving for Eibachs, drop links, rear ARB and ALK. Then 18's and new brakes. In the autumn I'm changing the fogs for 130w driving lamps.

Last edited by corradoboy; 05 April 2004 at 03:09 AM.
Old 05 April 2004, 09:37 AM
Johnny50
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
Many cars can give you a run in the dry if they catch you off boost in the wrong gear. There's a lot of small nippy motors (CTR's/Cupras/Cups etc) and bigger sporty models (ST220/BMW's) which with 2WD suffer less transmission loss and don't suffer lag/spool problems. Through twisties, in the wet and with good gear/rev balance though, there isn't much to fear except other Scoobs and Evo's. Just don't take on an SL55AMG

Edited to add, only had mine 2 months and yes, I've still got the stupid grin. Go on, spill the beans, what have you done or are you planning to do. I've debadged, detango'd (MY03 headlights in oven-scary), flaps, strut brace and filter. Getting the sills colour coded next, and saving for Eibachs, drop links, rear ARB and ALK. Then 18's and new brakes. In the autumn I'm changing the fogs for 130w driving lamps.
Corradoboy...£10 says you weren't gonna do a thing to it when ya bought it
Old 05 April 2004, 10:41 AM
n one
Scooby Regular

Hello J Joyce, welcome to ScoobyNet.

N. Joyce
Old 05 April 2004, 10:56 AM
Johnny50
Scooby Regular

Oh aye !

Welcome mate !
Old 05 April 2004, 11:31 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Johnny50, shall I send you an address to post that tenner to

I spent far too much time on here before I ever got the car , so the modding bug was up and running. I knew theoretically what I wanted, but now with the experience of ownership my choices have been honed and finalised.

Oh yeah, welcome j joyce.
Old 05 April 2004, 12:22 PM
Johnny50
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
Johnny50, shall I send you an address to post that tenner to

I spent far too much time on here before I ever got the car , so the modding bug was up and running. I knew theoretically what I wanted, but now with the experience of ownership my choices have been honed and finalised.

Oh yeah, welcome j joyce.
DOH

Know the feeling though...had the scoob almost a year, and over 5k spent already on it !