Sponsored by:

ppp noise!

Search this Thread

Old 28 March 2004, 03:30 PM
dolphinman
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ppp noise!

Have just got my my04 wrx 5 dr & considering ppp. How much more noise do you hear in the car & is it well worth the money ? Other options seem to void warranty i think .
Old 28 March 2004, 03:38 PM
Tandy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dolphinman
Have just got my my04 wrx 5 dr & considering ppp. How much more noise do you hear in the car & is it well worth the money ? Other options seem to void warranty i think .
It is louder but quite pleasing and not too intrusive at normal cruising speeds.

Nice flat four burble (recomended!)

Tandy
Old 28 March 2004, 07:14 PM
Pockman
Scooby Regular

IMHO the PPP is well worth getting if you've got a new WRX.

It really transforms the car's performance - to a level which it probably should be anyway, sounds good without being too loud and most importantly it preserves the standard warranty.

As others here will tell you, the cost/performance ratio of PPP isn't great, there are many other ways of getting extra power for far less dosh, but as with many manufacturer approved add-ons which are warranty approved you are paying over the odds.

Chris
Old 28 March 2004, 07:58 PM
FrenchBoy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

TBH it makes the car sound like its supposed to! nice and throbbly!

its definitely louder but not embarrasingly loud. its very satisfying but neighbour friendly.

it also completly changes the dynamics of your car, lag is less noticeable and the car is far more torquey.

i dont regret doing it.

just make sure that the dealer that does it is decent, mine was fitted by retards and it took me a while to get it sorted.

(WRX03ppp)
Old 28 March 2004, 08:21 PM
Elmer Fudpucker
BANNED

I've just gone from a fully de-catted RB5 with a TSL group N silencer to
a MY03 STi PPP

I've no idea how loud the new models are as std,but my new car with the prodrive exhaust and sports cat is barely audible at any speed by comparison,
in fact, my mates 03 WRX with no mods except the WR back box is noisier.

jon
Old 29 March 2004, 08:09 AM
WRX Jase
Scooby Regular

I've got the PPP on an 03 wagon. It was on when I bought the car. It's not offensively loud - I'd describe it as "purposeful" though I do like FrenchBoy's term "throbbly". The neighbours don't object when I set off for work at 5 in the morning and the guy next door commented how nice it sounds. You only really notice the sound under acceleration and then it sounds luverly you find yourself booting it for that sound alone. When cruising at motorway speeds you can still easily hear the stereo - and that's saying something with the "quality" of the standard head unit.

As for the performance - it's the only way to go if you want to keep the warranty. I think it's as good in VFM terms as anything else you'd buy from a main dealer - OK there's a premium but for the peace of mind offered I wouldn't be without it.

Main downside I found was the insurance hike - but that depends who you are with.
Old 29 March 2004, 09:35 AM
hawkeye
Scooby Regular

try something like the PPP with the WRsport backbox then you have something that gets you noticed just like the ppp at lower speeds BUT when you get to about 5000 rpm the note changes and it just ROARS

hawk
Old 29 March 2004, 04:02 PM
dolphinman
Scooby Newbie

yes very tempted thanks. cant decide to get it done on 1st service or to wait till ive had a blast first of my first scooby.
Old 29 March 2004, 04:24 PM
FrenchBoy
Scooby Regular

Its worth waiting. get it done around 3k then you'll appreciate the difference more!

you'll also have gotten a feel for how the standard WRX performs.