Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to buy and how much should I pay ?

Search this Thread

Old 17 March 2004, 05:15 PM
Powerkiter
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to buy and how much should I pay ?

As my wife is expecting a baby I now have to sell our Toyota MR 2 Roadster as it is not exactly a practical family car.

I really would like to buy a Subaru Impreza. We test drove a WRX and STi at the local Subaru dealer on the weekend and were very impressed with both cars. However, due to the rather unconfotable ride in the STi (and, as she put it, rather large boy racer spoiler on the boot) my wife actually prefers the WRX. I like the ideal of fitting the WRX with the PPP instead of the STi; is the performance of a WRX fitted with a PPP significantly better than that of a standard WRX ?

The dealer was asking £19.5k and £23.5k for the WRX and STi respectively (both demonstrators). Reading some of the threads people appear to be suggesting that you should be able to get brand new cars for less than I have been quoted from the dealers. What are the best prices people have obtained for both of these cars from Subaru dealers ? Do you find that they are prepared to do deals on new/used cars with PPP fitted ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

If anyone is interested in buying the Toyota MR 2 Roadster, it is W reg (May 2000), silver, 31k miles, leather interior, factory hard top, air conditioning and has just been serviced at a Toyota garage.
Old 17 March 2004, 05:23 PM
papascooby
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I, like quite a few others got them down to £18,600 for the standard WRX, whcih means 20,200 inc. PPP )

Mention scoobynet and the fact that you know official dealers are doing it for this price.